• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

JABEE

Eagles should have handled their business and beat a crappy Redskins team, be mad at Sanchez and company.

I can be mad at whatever I would like to be mad at. I do think the Eagles failed and should have beat the Racists. Sanchez sucks and our corners are even worse. (That Redskins game would have made no difference in the standings).

I can reconcile all that with the fact that the Cowboys just got a huge break in the playoffs on their way to Lambeau for a dream ratings matchup against Green Bay.

JABEE

I think the general consensus is that the first step was 100% accidental, but the 2nd looks really intentional. It's like oh I'm on his foot, let me just stand here for another second and plant the second leg down too while I'm at it.

I thought the entire thing looked intentional.

Oh so you can be successful using free agency for reasons other than depth signings?

..yes?

Plugging a hole is signing for depth. It just costs too much money to build your team from FA and the dividends never last long enough. Of course there are exceptions (like the once in a career Manning FA that instantly made the Broncos contenders).

I'd say signing Revis falls under said exceptions.

Bowser

Jake Delhomme Revenge Game on Saturday!

UfKCwUD.gif

Salaadin

Yeah doesn't sound good.

Sounds like a MCL sprain to me.

If any hint of weakness we better be smart and rest him.

No reason to risk him. Dude is a future keystone of the team. We need to protect that shit.
Pretty much how I feel. Even if Bell can play, I don't want him out there unless he's 100 percent.

I can be mad at whatever I would like to be mad at. I do think the Eagles failed and should have beat the Racists. Sanchez sucks and our corners are even worse. (That Redskins game would have made no difference in the standings).

I can reconcile all that with the fact that the Cowboys just got a huge break in the playoffs on their way to Lambeau for a dream ratings matchup against Green Bay.

Game hasn't even been played yet and as a Cowboys fan I have seen my team crumble plenty of times in games they had huge breaks in. To say the NFL was doing this to set things up for a dream ratings matchup is delusional though. The NFL didn't tell Suh to step on another player. The Redskins game would have at least given the Eagles a chance going into the final week.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I didn't think it was worth a suspension and I truly believe had Detroit been playing Arizona/Carolina he wouldn't have been suspended.

That said, Suh is an idiot and brought it on himself. Have fun in New York or Oakland next year, thug.

I didn't think it was worth a suspension and I truly believe had Detroit been playing Arizona/Carolina he wouldn't have been suspended.

That said, Suh is an idiot and brought it on himself. Have fun in New York or Oakland next year, thug.

I hate you guys.

JABEE

Game hasn't even been played yet and as a Cowboys fan I have seen my team crumble plenty of times in games they had huge breaks in. To say the NFL was doing this to set things up for a dream ratings matchup is delusional though. The NFL didn't tell Suh to step on another player. The Redskins game would have at least given the Eagles a chance going into the final week.

I'm sure they didn't mind pulling the trigger on my man, Suh. #WeWantJustice

You're probably right, but it's a nice set of circumstances to fall into.

Doorman

Time for the offense to step the fuck up because Lions fans calling for us not to resign Suh and go elsewhere will see how much we miss him this Sunday. =/

I will miss him on Sunday because now we're missing a very good starting defensive tackle. I won't miss him after we lose in Dallas and he leaves at season's end because then we'll have an entire offseason to take the money that would have been applied to his ridiculous salary and apply it to several other areas of improvement. There's no potential gain to be had losing him for this one game, there's nothing we can do to replace him. That won't be the case once he's completely gone.

eznark

Banned
Give Stafford the 85 Bears defense Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders and he still isn't winning on the road against a team with a winning record. Suh getting suspended is meaningless to the outcome as long as Fats is at QB.

Oh ok, just checking because I'd consider signing revis and browner to be plugging a hole.

Your entire defense is a hole. Pats finally signing a free agent worth a damn isn't putting all their chips into free agency.

Pats fans love having their cake and eating it too. You can't say repeatedly that the Pats don't sign anybody then champion Belichick finally making a move to improve his shit pile of a defense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am surprised that the league had the stones to suspend him for a playoff game. It's the right move, however.

No way Caldwell let's Sue come back next year. None. Have fun on the Raiders.

Give Stafford the 85 Bears defense Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders and he still isn't winning on the road against a team with a winning record. Suh getting suspended is meaningless to the outcome as long as Fats is at QB.

I'm pretty sure that team can beat the Cardinals.

It will be close though.

Look at that 2008 D, look at the players on that team (Strahan retired and Osi was hurt in preseason). Look at what Tim Lewis, Billy Sheridan, and Perry Fewell did afterwards.
Look at this body of work after he left the Giants. Rose tinted glasses at this point. I'd prefer new blood, not a rehash.

...and Fewell won a Super Bowl if we're going by that measuring stick.

Tim Lewis was before Spags, bro.;)

Furyous

CardsGAF, we need to pray for a victory. Let's grab some peyote and go on a spirit walk as we will our team to victory. No offense to Superman, but someone is getting Fitzed. Some DB is getting the work of their lifetime from Fitz, hopefully, if our QB is up to the task. *sad face*

The NFL wants Godgers in the Super Bowl because there's no reason to suspend Suh for Sunday's game. Fine him $5 million suspend him next season but don't punish Detroit fans.

Hunter S.

If Del Rio leaves I bet their first call is Dennis Allen lol
Lol, the thing I remember the most about Del Rio after he joined the Broncos from Gata's team was that he would rather be coaching in January instead of laying on the beach. Last thing I need is every former Broncos coordinator coaching the rest of the AFC West. Smh . I mean San Diego already knows all the Broncos signals.

Bowser

CardsGAF, we need to pray for a victory. Let's grab some peyote and go on a spirit walk as we will our team to victory. No offense to Superman, but someone is getting Fitzed. Some DB is getting the work of their lifetime from Fitz, hopefully, if our QB is up to the task. *sad face*

The NFL wants Godgers in the Super Bowl because there's no reason to suspend Suh for Sunday's game. Fine him $5 million suspend him next season but don't punish Detroit fans.

Furyous
each post is Pure Fuckery
(Today, 03:07 PM)

Respect

Definitely the right move to suspend Suh...game loses some juice though, pulling this stunt right before he hits free agency doesn't' do himself any favors either. That suspension will be front of mind in contract negotiations. I am going to naively believe this negatively affects his bottom line in the end.

WedgeX

Banned
Made my feelings known yesterday, but glad that Suh got suspended. It was interesting having other teams fear him but not worth the suspensions, penalties nor salary hit. Not a fan of dirty players. Glad that Swanson looked competent in Lambeau since it ought signal the end of Raiola's career in Detroit as well.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Everyone one here hates on Suh but would take him on their team in an instance and you know it.

He did step on Rodgers twice but he's 6'5 300 lbs of steel, not a ballerina. The NFL can't prove his intent one way or another.

Made my feelings known yesterday, but glad that Suh got suspended. It was interesting having other teams fear him but not worth the suspensions, penalties nor salary hit. Not a fan of dirty players. Glad that Swanson looked competent in Lambeau since it ought signal the end of Raiola's career in Detroit as well.

Raiola is gone, sure. But you don't want us to resign Suh?

Sephzilla

Definitely the right move to suspend Suh...game loses some juice though, pulling this stunt right before he hits free agency doesn't' do himself any favors either. That suspension will be front of mind in contract negotiations. I am going to naively believe this negatively affects his bottom line in the end.

That suspension is totally going to follow him to the negotiating table and so is his reputation in general.

eznark

Banned
Everyone one here hates on Suh but would take him on their team in an instance and you know it.

He did step on Rodgers twice but he's 6'5 300 lbs of steel, not a ballerina. The NFL can't prove his intent one way or another.

And they don't need to.

The Cowboys D-line is a bunch of no names and I wouldn't take him. And no matter how much you weigh you don't put your whole weight on one leg when you know you're stepping on something. It's cool to defend your team, but seriously dude this is not really defensible.

Tom Penny

Raiola is gone, sure. But you don't want us to resign Suh?

Suh got screwed. Now Stafford has to continue to carry the team on his back like he has all year.

Draxal

Look at this body of work after he left the Giants. Rose tinted glasses at this point. I'd prefer new blood, not a rehash.

...and Fewell won a Super Bowl if we're going by that measuring stick.

Tim Lewis was before Spags, bro.;)

The 2011 team that you 100% know was carried by Eli, Cruz and Nicks.

His body of work afterwards, he went to a horrifically run Rams org, and went to the Saints after bounty gate. There was no chance for him to succeed in New Orleans and as for St Louis, LeBeau flamed out in Cincinnati, guess Pitt never should gave him a chance to come back.

Do you think this Giant's DC is an attractive position with Coughlin having to win this year or it might be McAdoo time, and even if he does win out Couglin might retire afterwards?

And I included Tim Lewis because look what Spags did with that same roster of players.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That step cost him millions upon millions of dollars. And it didn't do shit. There is not light that paints him as not the dumbest guy in football. Just epically stupid.

Sephzilla

As I've said before a few times, Suh lost the ability to have the benefit of doubt a long time ago. The gray area doesn't exist for him anymore, if it looks remotely dirty or with intent he should get fined and/or suspended.

Doorman

He's already on my team and I look forward to the day he leaves. Talent plays, yes, but I'm sure I'm not the only person here who doesn't think it would be worth the headache and the high monetary expense. Take Suh off the team and replace him with a competent Tackle, an outside linebacker, and a new corner, you don't think the overall team defense will be stronger?

Top Bottom