• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Allforce

That article is a crock of shit. Suh's history has to be taken into account when weighting the severity of his penalty for this because, if anything, it clearly shows that the penalties he's gotten in the past for his bonehead stupidity were't severe enough and that he's going to keep doing dirty shit like this unless the league really starts cracking down on him.

Here's a novel idea, Detroit fans, how about instead of getting mad at Goodell for suspending him how about you get mad at Suh for even putting himself in that situation in the first place? He should be smart enough to know that there are cameras all over the place watching the field, especially the star QB of the other team, and that extra eyes are always on Suh specifically because of his history.

You're looking at one life-long Lions fan who feels this way. It was a stupid stupid stupid move at a time when the game was all but over, and did nothing but hurt the team going forward. I knew the second it happened and Buck and Aikman started in on the slo-mo replays that this would be a 1-game suspension at least and it sucked to have all my kids there watching with me and asking why a guy would do that on OUR team.

It sucks that in one of the first seasons in a lonnnng time the Lions were actually worth cheering for and the last 2 games revert back to "same old dirty Lions" due to the actions of 2 players. It's frustrating to watch because it's been a great year and if losing our best defensive player is the answer to changing the culture for good then I'm all for it at this point. I don't want to win by playing dirty, I want to win on being talented and by playing better than the opponent on Sundays.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
"If you're not getting better, you're getting worse." -Andrew Luck

Three 11-5 seasons in this division and we can't take advantage of it. It's a shitty feeling to feel like you're running in place... having the same issues you've had for 3 years. I'll give them the Mathis injury though, that just sucks.

The saddest thing here is Luck finding the nicest way possible to say that our team is shit. He's accepted that he will have to carry us while we roll around in shit. I pray that he doesn't throw too many Luckceptions in the process.

Considering the division and that it's been at least 5-1 each of those years... you guys suck.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Great, now Allforce's kids are going to be curbstomping each other on the playground. Thanks Suh, for ruining another American family.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Most of Lions-GAF are okay but after hearing so much shit all season about Week 3 and "Rodgers is faking" and "the refs screwed us" nonsense in the past 24 hours, I will only rejoice at your continued suffering.

I will not be satisfied until your franchise is rubble and the Browns and Jags look upon you with pity.

Don't get me wrong: Packers are probably losing in the playoffs if they can get by Dallas but we don't hang participation banners for playoff appearances.

Moral victories is for minor league coaches.

Who is saying that ridiculous stuff?

Fantomex

You're looking at one life-long Lions fan who feels this way. It was a stupid stupid stupid move at a time when the game was all but over, and did nothing but hurt the team going forward. I knew the second it happened and Buck and Aikman started in on the slo-mo replays that this would be a 1-game suspension at least and it sucked to have all my kids there watching with me and asking why a guy would do that on OUR team.

It sucks that in one of the first seasons in a lonnnng time the Lions were actually worth cheering for and the last 2 games revert back to "same old dirty Lions" due to the actions of 2 players. It's frustrating to watch because it's been a great year and if losing our best defensive player is the answer to changing the culture for good then I'm all for it at this point. I don't want to win by playing dirty, I want to win on being talented and by playing better than the opponent on Sundays.

99% of Lions Gaf are super cool brehs. Rational and laid back. I feel for you guys.

Bread

Banned
does anyone have a gif of the stafford "illegal hands to the face" play? i keep reading about it but i missed it yesterday.

iymLoMW.gif

Yo damn lol

I'm honestly not that sad about it. He's good but he's been on IR during this streak. Jordan Hill is suddenly a pro bowler and we've done well on signing DT's as 1-2 year rentals (McDonald and McDaniels last year, Williams this year). Wouldn't be upset drafting one with our first pick though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pride of Detroit, who are usually fair and spot on with their analysis of the franchise as a whole, summed up my "Fuck Roger Godell" sentiment pretty well:

:lol :lol :lol

Aside from that, look at the criminal justice system--it works the exact same way. Did stupid stuff and got caught in the past? You're probably getting a stronger sentence.

You can't post this and not post an image or name.

It's a never ending feeling of being a kid taking a report card home with Cs and Ds. You know you're fucked so you spend the walk coming up with ways to be slick or attempt to avoid that L. But no matter what you try you still get home and get rekd.

linkboy

A couple dumb motherfuckers up there. Jed York is an idiot. I like baalke but he is losing me as well. What a cluster fuck of a situation

I'm still thinking those differences are tied to Roman. Jed and Trent wanted him out, Harbuagh says no (and the fact that Roman is following him to Michigan helps to cement that).

Zeke

Cool so shit stain suh is out for Sunday serves him right. Before kas does damage control as a reason for a possible lions loss Dallas will be without one of their key dlinemen in Henry Milton. So no bitching about being down a man on defense.

Sephzilla

I honestly think the coaching staff in Detroit enables this sort of behavior. Suh isn't the only guy on that team that's done dirty things in the past. Makes me wonder if Suh's in for a reality check if he signs with a team that doesn't appreciate his type of behaviour

Leonard Williams, Danny Shelton, Eddie Goldman, Arik Armstead, Michael Bennett (yes he has the same exact name as the guy on the Seahawks).

How crazy would it be if the Seahawks have Michael Bennett at DT, and Michael Bennett at DT at the same time?

Michael Bennett X2!

Leonard Williams is an end I think. USC ran some weird defensive schemes the last 3 years, Kiffin's broken Tampa 2, Pendergasts' 5-2 with 3-4 personnel and this year I think was a 3-4 with sometimes a DE at OLB or Sua Cravens who was more of a SS.

squicken

York backing Baalke when he talks up wanting teachers. That says it is player development that is the issue, not the drafting/FA

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I honestly think the coaching staff in Detroit enables this sort of behavior. Suh isn't the only guy on that team that's done dirty things in the past. Makes me wonder if Suh's in for a reality check if he signs with a team that doesn't appreciate his type of behaviour

I'm pretty sure Caldwell can't wait to jettison some of those dumbasses.

linkboy

York backing Baalke when he talks up wanting teachers. That says it is player development that is the issue, not the drafting/FA

I think the off field issues played a major part as well.

The 49ers didn't have this issue under Nolan or Singletary.

The Packers punishment for that play is that Brad Jones is starting.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can't compare Suh to Antonio Brown and other players who don't have a long ass history of doing ignorant, downright reprehensible shit. If you have a history of cheating, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt when your girl checks your phone and sees those texts from Gata's mom. It might just be some innocuous shit like "hey can u take Gata to teeball practice?"...it doesn't matter, your girl is not going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Even if you only cheated once.
:jnc

bionic77

Would be hilarious Ewing theory example if the Lions cut Suh and make a serious playoff run behind great defensive play.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter
Just now ·

In a deal turned into NFL today, Tom Brady restructured his contract to give NE $24 million more in cash to spend this winter, per sources.

Under the new deal, Brady changed the $24 million in “skill” guarantee to only “injury” guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he were injured. Brady also now can be released from the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender. This frees up cash for the Patriots to use on other players. New England needs the cash to help re-sign some of its own free agents such as Darrelle Revis, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder and Shane Vereen, amongst others.

Let the Grapeolo era begin.

Bowser

Brady news:

Adam Schefter
In a deal turned into NFL today, Tom Brady restructured his contract to give NE $24 million more in cash to spend this winter, per sources.

Under the new deal, Brady changed the $24 million in “skill” guarantee to only “injury” guarantee, meaning that Brady now would get the guaranteed money only if he were injured. Brady also now can be released from the Patriots without any liability, but he then would become an unrestricted free agent, free to command the type of guaranteed money he has agreed to surrender. This frees up cash for the Patriots to use on other players. New England needs the cash to help re-sign some of its own free agents such as Darrelle Revis, Devin McCourty, Nate Solder and Shane Vereen, amongst others.

linkboy

York deserves it.

I always said he was a fucking moron.

He only got the team because his wife doesn't give a shit about football and let's her husband play with it.

No one ever married into success. You have to earn it!

John York hasn't really done much with the team since turning it over to Jed, who was always in line to take over when Eddie was done, anyways.

Had Eddie not been a fucking idiot and get involved in a fraud case in Louisana, he never would have had to give up control of the team in the first place.

Zeke

Some cool mostly meaningless stats for Dallas.
Romo finished the regular season first in passer rating 113.2
Defense forced the second most turnovers in the league led the nfc.
Sterling Moore and scandrick haven't given up a td all season.
Still undefeated on the road
Shits amazing given how everyone wrote them off before the season started.

Top Bottom