• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Niners are going to regret the fuck out of letting him go.

I predict Harbaugh is going to go down to Michigan, lead that program into some nice prominence, and then bolt back up to the NFL and stick it to the Niners.

He should wait for the Rams to fire Fisher.

That would be amazing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Like I said in a previous post, Pride of Detroit is usually fair on there critques of the Lions franchise as a whole from front office to ownership to QB to coaching. If you think I'm the only Lions pissed off about this go into the comments section in that article linked.

First and foremost Fuck Joe Buck. The dude has always been a horrible announcer and how he has a job I have no idea. Remember when Randy Moss mooned Green Bay Packer fans? Hilarious shit right?

"That is a disgusting act by Randy Moss, and it's unfortunate that we had to air it live."

Joe Buck, like with the disgusting act commited by Randy Moss, only exacerbated the situation and made it sound like someone dropped a nuclear bomb. His constant Rodgers/Packers ballrubbing as was his playcalling during the game. The punt return that turned into a TD when our player was obviously clipped? Nothing. At least call a fair game but if you can't call a neutral game.

I'd rather have Artie Lange roast your ass and have your show cancelled within two episodes though.

Fox did not once show when/how our Pro Bowl guard got hurt (seriously, how did Larry Warford get hurt?), yet we saw the Suh replay in slow motion and out of context at least 100 times.

And fuck the NFL. I don't care who Suh stomped in 2011. He's also donated plenty to charity and while hiding information about concussions you should know damn well this is a violent sport and shit happens.

I'm glad to know NFL representative Merton Hanks can read minds and body language but will he release a statement on how the league hid concussions for decades?

And while we're at it if you're going to suspend players trying to protect Quarterbacks, where was this fine on another great defensive player with a "history", Vontaze Burfict:

burfict.0.gif

Get fucked, NFL.

Spinluck

Or just wants to win, he seems like somebody that has always cared more about winning than money.

:lol

Or maybe because his wife's net worth is... Idk... $320 million lol. Tammy could play for a dollar a season (closer to his value) and be richer than most people in the league.

WedgeX

Banned
Raiola is gone, sure. But you don't want us to resign Suh?

No. For a couple reasons. Resigning Suh precludes the Lions from signing any other player probably for two years if not more because Suh and his agent want to get paid JJ Watt money. Which is fine for Suh as an individual, but not for a team that has other players on it. Suh's influence on the Lions lockroom has been neutral to negative. His work ethic during the season may get passed on but he secludes himself from the team during the offseason. He does stupid shit like stomp people, swing them by their helmets, or step on them on national television. Despite how much he might terrify quarterbacks or occasionally beat double teams his stupid behavior costs the team because he gets suspended (and since he wants to get paid the person who has to replace him won't be a veteran it will be a rookie, cast-off, or someone who would otherwise be playing DE instead of DT) or it costs the team yards in-game.

Caldwell's style of coaching is antithetical to what Schwartz was preaching. Raiola and Suh, along with Delmas, were perhaps the ones who bought into Schwartz's philosophy of loving to be called dirty the most. Neither Suh nor Raiola showed any indication this year that they intended to mesh with Caldwell. I hope Caldwell stays around for a bit with a new OC. Suh probably doesn't care that he is on the way out from Detroit so it really doesn't matter. Raiola maybe realized that he fucked up and is done in Detroit, or so it sounds like from Rob Sims. But fuck, he had a year to adjust. Suh might lose out on some money but with the NFL's history of paying known stompers, bountyhunters and murderers I seriously doubt it.

Good riddance. The less selfish, spiteful, stupid jerks the better.

cdyhybrid

If they ever trade Brady or Gronk, I cannot guarantee that I won't harm bread.

Screenshotted, PMed to mods, posted on Twitter, and sent to police.

Like I said in a previous post, Pride of Detroit is usually fair on there critques of the Lions franchise as a whole from front office to ownership to QB to coaching. If you think I'm the only Lions pissed off about this go into the comments section in that article linked.

Oh, we're well aware that there are plenty of Lions fans as delusional as you are. PD posted about the sample of fans he heard calling into Detroit radio earlier.

Niners are going to regret the fuck out of letting him go.

I predict Harbaugh is going to go down to Michigan, lead that program into some nice prominence, and then bolt back up to the NFL and stick it to the Niners.

Jim going to lead the Wolverines to a few championships, and in 12 years the NCAA is going to find that Michigan has been cheating with recruiting. Jim flees Michigan to return to the NFL at the age of 63 to coach the Seattle Seahawks. Franchise QB Russell Wilson retires, and Jim finds his replacement in the 3rd round by the name of Buster Wilson.

In his 2nd year Jim leads the Seattle Seahawks to their 7th SB victory!

MechDX

#Bears fired only OC Aaron Kromer among assistants, keep defensive staff (for now). So, basically the opposite of what Marc Trestman planned

When did EZ become the Bears owner?

Syrinx

99% of the time I'd strongly caution a team letting go of a guy like Suh because as much of a pain in the ass as he may be, you're not a better team without him.

But when being a pain in the ass involves being suspended for playoff games due to being a dirty scumbag, then it's a different story.

Amazing how the NFC North is filled with players who could be some of the best at their position if their heads were just screwed on a bit tighter.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
But when being a pain in the ass involves being suspended for playoff games due to being a dirty scumbag, then it's a different story.

All lineman on offense and defense are "dirty scumbags" one way or another. Suh gets critiqued more because he's great and a scapegoat for the NFL.

Patriots7

Brady's numbers with and without Gronk show where that savings really should go
Gronk was likely in sex-ed/health during Brady's best season of his career.
HOF QB plays better when he's surrounded by talented skill players? Shocking.

I know a lot of people dislike the Pats, but I can't fathom how anyone hates Tom. He's making almost less in the next 3 years than Cutler made this year alone. Manning is making almost $12 million more next year than Tom. This year alone, despite being one of the top 5 QB's in the league, he was the 19th highest paid QB. Not only that, Tom doesn't whore himself to every sponsor for endorsements.
He continuously restructures his contract for the better of the organization, and keeps getting dicked.

In a league of mediocre QB's getting $100 million contracts, it's great that there's at least one HOF that's doing it for the love of the game.

bionic77

Gronk was likely in sex-ed/health during Brady's best season of his career.
HOF QB plays better when he's surrounded by talented skill players? Shocking.

I know a lot of people dislike the Pats, but I can't fathom how anyone hates Tom. He's making almost less in the next 3 years than Cutler made this year alone. Manning is making almost $12 million more next year than Tom. This year alone, despite being one of the top 5 QB's in the league, he was the 19th highest paid QB. Not only that, Tom doesn't whore himself to every sponsor for endorsements.
He continuously restructures his contract for the better of the organization, and keeps getting dicked.

In a league of mediocre QB's getting $100 million contracts, it's great that there's at least one HOF that's doing it for the love of the game.

What a crock of shit.

Tammy has no leverage. That's why he keeps taking less and less money. This happens every 3 years. The first few times pats fans were excited thinking that they would trade up in the draft and get a big name FA. But by now most of them know they will trade down to stockpile picks for 3 years from now and will stay under the cap and not spend the money on shit.

But keep spinning that PR. It is still more believable than Suh defenders.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

What a crock of shit.

Tammy has no leverage. That's why he keeps taking less and less money. This happens every 3 years. The first few times pats fans were excited thinking that they would trade up in the draft and get a big name FA. But by now most of them know they will trade down to stockpile picks for 3 years from now and will stay under the cap and not spend the money on shit.

smh you are so dumb

Patriots7

What a crock of shit.

What?
His latest contract change just got rid of his leverage. His salary is no longer guaranteed and he can now be cut at any time.

MechDX

Yup.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m-CQV5q7gSw/VHN33x7fbMI/AAAAAAAAvL8/BVGC5Tcf7KA/s1600/FakeDimFennecfox.gif[/IM

[B]J.J. Watt fined for roughing EJ Manuel[/B]

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/03/j-j-watt-fined-for-roughing-ej-manuel/[/url]

[B]Cleveland Browns' Spencer Lanning suggests J.J. Watt intentionally dove in late on two punts: 'He's in there for destruction'[/B]

[url]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/11/cleveland_browns_spencer_lanni_1.html[/url]

All defensive and offensive lineman are "dirty". It's a "dirty" game.[/QUOTE]

Now show me blatant fouls like this:

[img]http://www.fantasyfootballoverdose.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Ndamukong-Suh.gif

And this:

Ndamukong-Suh-Kicks-Matt-Schaub-in-Groin-dirty-player.gif

Oh and this:

Suh-Bitch-Kick.gif

or this:

suh1.gif

Get your dumbass bullshit out of here. Suh is a dirty piece of shit. FACT!

MechDX

Oh wait kas here is another one:

suh.gif

Such a classy guy and misunderstood.

Oh wow Bing image search just keeps giving!

ndamukong-suh-takes-marion-barber-down-by-hair-technically-legal-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Doorman

All lineman on offense and defense are "dirty scumbags" one way or another. Suh gets critiqued more because he's great and a scapegoat for the NFL.

You can make excuses about why he's treated the way he is if you want to, but none of that changes the reality of the situation. Suh has run out of benefit of the doubt with the NFL, he will be under the microscope all the time, any actions out of line will be hit with fines or suspensions. The only solution is for him to clean up his act, and given the fact that he's now suspended for a playoff game, that cleanup hasn't happened. Whether you think the short leash is justified or not, it's there, and that's what the team has to react to.

minx

Restore the Roar 2014...but the playoffs are in 2015...

mtx35zy.gif

Amazing!

Lol at Kas trying to defend Suh. Acting like previous blatant violations mean nothing. He is a dirty player. Get the fuck over it. This is why Kas is the worst kind of fan.

The sad thing is how he seems nothing like that piece of shit that he is on the field off the field. He should know better, and maybe being suspended for the most important game of his career will knock some sense into him.

bionic77

What?
His latest contract change just got rid of his leverage. His salary is no longer guaranteed and he can now be cut at any time.
That was my whole point.

Tammy just swallows whatever the Pats tell him to do (a very FMTlike relationship) because he is a bum and they hold all the cards.

Top Bottom