• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

the rest of the AFC East is trash.

This is the reason the Patriots are in the playoffs year in and out. They are not punished for slow starts, bad training camps, injuries, or what have you.

It's impossible to overlook the Pats because when they are vulnerable and ripe for defeat they play the dysfunctional Jets, irrelevant Dolphins or hapless Bills. It's hard as hell to be gifted 5 divisional wins a season and not make the playoffs.

They also seem to benefit yearly from easy schedules, so the other teams in the league don't pose much challenge. Here come the Jacksonville Jags!

ben_roethlisberger_wtf_reaction.gif

harSon

Banned
I had a bad feeling all week

Bell Injured.

Team riding on offense

Defense playing above their station

Rats depleted secondary

Everybody and their momma insisting Baltimore had no chance.

It just smelled bad. Bell wasn't the whole offense (like you'll hear all week no doubt) but he kept the trains running on schedule. Meaning when shit broke down, Ben could flip it to Bell and bust off big yardage. We saw what happened when Ben tried that with Tate.

I was being delusional thinking the Steelers could make noise. That back end needs work, and Mitchell seems 6-8 yards away from the play repeatedly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144434113&postcount=8651

Really.......

harSon

Banned
What's wrong with what he said? Unless I'm missing something?

It sounded like he meant that the guy he was quoting should have more confidence in his team. At least that's what I think he was saying by calling him "defeatist".

The person he was quoting was me, and we're fans of the same team :p

harSon

Banned
Yeah really.

Never understood why you guys trip over yourselves to say the team is gonna lose. Be positive. I have the same doubts but fuck it, riding till the wheels fall off.

What's the point of lying to myself and everyone on the forum if I honestly believe we're not going to make it to the SB? Me being upbeat isn't going to make the Steelers a better team. Did I want the Steelers to win? Hell yes. Did I think they'd get very far without Bell, or with two rookie RBs and someone we picked up a few days before the game to anchor our running game, and an inconsistent pass rush on top of a putrid secondary? Not really...

Edit: Having said that, I'm not even sure if I'm hopeful for our defense next season. We're going to be without Polamalu, Kiesel, Harrison and Ike Taylor as we should be - and I don't think the Steelers should or will give Worilds a ton of money. He's too inconsistent. Honestly, unless some of our young guys take some major strides, and we do work in the draft and free agency - I wouldn't be surprised if our defense next seasons some how ends up being worst than this train wreck of a defensive performance this season. We have no proven edge rushers under contract, and our secondary is already horse shit. The only aspect of our defense that I have no questions about is the interior....

Edit2: I forgot about Gay, he's been surprisingly awesome in his second stint with the Steelers.

Trey

I don't look at much when it comes to ball games other than match-ups. Records don't tell you anything insightful when it comes to individual games.

If I'm a fan of X team, I'm only worried about not being as talented/matching up well against the opposition.

ramuh

Also you can't say we have an easy division and guaranteed wins when the broncos have only lost 1 division game in the last 3 years.

That really doesn't take away from our division strength though. KC and San Diego was pretty good this year. Raiders don't count.

Trey

That really doesn't take away from our division strength though. KC and San Diego was pretty good this year. Raiders don't count.

Not much better if at all than the Bills and Dolphins.

Broncos and Pats had comparable division rivals. Pats also defeated the Broncos head to head.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jump off your trailer roof.

I'm in Canada you idiot!

Sell your Derek Anderson jersey on Ebay and buy a bus ticket.

Eat a bag of dicks, that jersey is gonna be worth a fortune in the future.

Well you're a cat so you would just land on your feet and walk it off. :p

This is very true.

Browns fans should be grateful they were guaranteed a team back within three years and kept their history. Fucking ingrates.

BLarry I swear I'll fight you and then afterwards buy a diner for you and the kids.

What's the point of lying to myself and everyone on the forum if I honestly believe we're not going to make it to the SB? Me being upbeat isn't going to make the Steelers a better team. Did I want the Steelers to win? Hell yes. Did I think they'd get very far without Bell, or with two rookie RBs and someone we picked up a few days before the game to anchor our running game, and an inconsistent pass rush on top of a putrid secondary? Not really...

Edit: Having said that, I'm not even sure if I'm hopeful for our defense next season. We're going to be without Polamalu, Kiesel, Harrison and Ike Taylor as we should be - and I don't the the Steelers should or will give Worilds a ton of money. He's too inconsistent. Honestly, unless some of our young guys take some major strides, and we do work in the draft and free agency - I wouldn't be surprised if our defense next seasons some how ends up being worst. We have no proven edge rushers under contract, and our secondary is already horse shit. The only aspect of our defense that I have no questions about is the interior....

I know already that you're a negative nancy. Just showing you my justification.

As for the team, they'll get better on D. The young guys made a huge jump playing together this season. Troy's replacement has been in the system 2 seasons.

Worilds is coming back. If they can't work out a deal, they'll franchise him again. He's not going anywhere. And I have faith Uncle Jarvis will pan out. He's flashed awareness and burst.

The issue is these guys need snaps together. Jarvis and Shazier need to see the field together. Shamarko needs in when Troy retires. Young teams need to make mistakes. I know the Steelers love their vets, but their time is over. Shamarko has the speed to correct his fuck ups. Troy doesn't.

BLarry I swear I'll fight you and then afterwards buy a diner for you and the kids.

Kave, I said it before, I'll say it again, you're a free agent. You don't live in Cleveland. The choice is yours. I'm convinced you're just a masochist if you're a Leafs fan and you choose to be a Browns fan.

They've hurt you. Over and over again, they've hurt you. They'll hurt you again *coughjohnnymanzielcough*. We welcome our brethren to the north. Try the Ravens on, it won't hurt, in fact, it might fill that void inside you. Time to step out of the shame circle, take my hand, I'll show you the way...

Fantomex

Yesterday when I was rambling I posted as I fell asleep on NyQuil. It's like I was in between beig awake and asleep and dreaming. now I know where Kas is coming from.

On a football note, our secondary is worse than trash. But our front seven is really good and we can pressure the QB like no other. I saw something that said there were like 10 players with 20 or more QB hits and the Ravens have 3, no other team has more than one. Those three, Suggs, Doom, and McPhee plus Upshaw, who is really solid against the run, and Mosley, the soon to be DROY are crazy strong and deep (Daryl Smith is no slouch either). In the middle we have Ngata back, and Brandon Williams is criminally underrated. This is why we won and why we could even compete with a secondary made up of the DB equivalents of Ryan Lindley.

Hard to see Lombardi keeping his job if the offense shits the bed again on Sunday. Injuries to the o line are a major issue but his inability to adapt is damning. You can't average 10 points against playoff teams and keep your job. Nor can your offense look competent THREE times in a 16 game season. Giants, Bucs, Thansgiving Bears game. All home games. Literally the only games where this offense looked good and consistent.

Funny how every off season move was made with Matt Stafford in mind yet he only had 22 TDs this season. Sure his INTs were down but his decision making is stl questionable, his accuracy is meh, etc...

Fantomex

On a football note, our secondary it's worse than trash. But our front seven is really good and we can pressure the QB like no other. I saw something that said there were like 10 players with 20 or more QB hits and the Ravens have 3, no other team has more than one. Those three, Suggs, Doom, and McPhee plus Upshaw, who is really solid against the run, and Mosley, the soon to be DROY are crazy strong and deep (Daryl Smith is no slouch either). In the middle we have Ngata back, and Brandon Williams is criminally underrated. This is why we won and why we could even compete with a secondary made up of the DB equivalents of Ryan Lindley.

You guys owe so much to Elway not being able to use a fax machine.

Spinluck

I would love to face the Broncos in the divisional round.

Too bad we suck.

Also, I cannot believe a losing team got home field advantage in the post season.

Lol.

Hunter S.

I would love to face the Broncos in the divisional round.

Too bad we suck.

Also, I cannot believe a losing team got home field advantage in the post season.

Lol.
My hope is for Colts to win so in case the Broncos lose an honorable team moves on. Good, Sunday to all. I better log off GAF before I consume to much amber gold ale.

Top Bottom