• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

So why is packer gaf so scared of Dallas that they are actively cheering for a division rival to win?
Much like hulkamania, Murray is going to run wild on us brother.

But the reality is that I will never need an extra reason to root against Dallas.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why? AZ was 10-6 last year

Dal was 8-8
Bal was 8-8, and dealt with Goodell and Ray Rice
Det was 7-9

I'd argue all 3 of their coaches deserve it more.

Pretty good point, actually. Garrett has helped Romo become a legit MVP candidate, and adjusted their entire gameplay when it was apparent that Murray was the real deal. Plus, dealing with Jones' horseshit.

Best Harbough could deserve it for the reasons you have, but also because they're really thin at talent across the board, but still are pulling out wins. That's almost entirely on coaching.

Detroit, well, Kas can make that argument.

Spinluck

Holy fuck, I am pretty sure all the losers in Pats-GAF wrote the reviews.

"My penis and brain were playing chess throughout the entire book."

"I came at least 87 times reading this work of art. The skin on my dick is literally coming off from the ungodly amounts of masturbating I did while reading this book. Pure gold. 10/10 time to read it again."

"One word: Masterpiece. I couldn't get enough of the Gronk scenes! The thought of him getting erotic made me swoon all up in my pants, and I'm not even gay! 10/10, would masturbate to again."

Milchjon

Holy fuck, I am pretty sure all the losers in Pats-GAF wrote the reviews.

I read the "Look Inside" preview on Amazon.

It's about a woman giving up her sewing to watch Gronk gronk out.

The power of Gronk helping a modern woman overcome traditional role models.
Seems like an incredibly empowering work of feminism!

Hammer24

Banned

So its Dutch' biography?

Spinluck

Spin did you listen to Serial yet

I did.

The concept is really neat, and I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff (I still watch Forensic Files on TruTV lololol). It reminds me of Twin Peaks except it isn't fictional and the weird David Lynch stuff is absent.

I have only listened to the first episode. Baltimore sounds kind of like a shithole and a lot of the people don't seem that bright (no offense Larry--congrats on the Ravens win). And the thing Bionic said about the witnesses being Gatas is sounding pretty true. This some crazy shit.

I will probably listen to the 2nd episode before I got to bed today, but so far, I'm sold on it!

The lady's voice is also sexy af, or maybe I'm just weird. I almost don't want to Google her in case I don't find her attractive. Anyway, it's an awesome listen.

I would dump my gf quicker than Brady dumped that pregnant chick and plotted with Gisele to steal the child... if I found out she got off to Gronk TDs (or was made moist by them).

On a football note, our secondary is worse than trash. But our front seven is really good and we can pressure the QB like no other. I saw something that said there were like 10 players with 20 or more QB hits and the Ravens have 3, no other team has more than one. Those three, Suggs, Doom, and McPhee plus Upshaw, who is really solid against the run, and Mosley, the soon to be DROY are crazy strong and deep (Daryl Smith is no slouch either). In the middle we have Ngata back, and Brandon Williams is criminally underrated. This is why we won and why we could even compete with a secondary made up of the DB equivalents of Ryan Lindley.
When the Dolphins lost to the Ravens everyone wanted to know why Miami didn't attack Baltimore's secondary more. This is the main reason, they beat the shit out of you up front and don't give you time to let plays develop. Makes it much easier on the secondary obviously.

Hopefully Brady spends a lot of time on his back next weekend.

jakncoke

Banned
I blacked out sometime during the halftime because I dont even remember the 2nd half. Woke up at 5 am on my couch wondering wtf

MechDX

Pretty good point, actually. Garrett has helped Romo become a legit MVP candidate, and adjusted their entire gameplay when it was apparent that Murray was the real deal. Plus, dealing with Jones' horseshit.

Best Harbough could deserve it for the reasons you have, but also because they're really thin at talent across the board, but still are pulling out wins. That's almost entirely on coaching.

Detroit, well, Kas can make that argument.

O'Brien took a 2-14 team, lead them to 9-7 with 4 different QB's, gave Fitzpatrick his best statistical year ever and finished the season with 2 wins with Case Keenum who was signed off the Rams practice squad. They were in playoff contention through week 17

Crud

Banned
O'Brien took a 2-14 team, lead them to 9-7 with 4 different QB's, gave Fitzpatrick his best statistical year ever and finished the season with 2 wins with Case Keenum who was signed off the Rams practice squad. They were in playoff contention through week 17

Yup and with the easy ass schedule next season should make the playoffs for sure. And OB should at least be in the convo for coach of the year. Go Texans!

Fs9OJLG.jpg

Cam <3

bionic77

On a football note, our secondary is worse than trash. But our front seven is really good and we can pressure the QB like no other. I saw something that said there were like 10 players with 20 or more QB hits and the Ravens have 3, no other team has more than one. Those three, Suggs, Doom, and McPhee plus Upshaw, who is really solid against the run, and Mosley, the soon to be DROY are crazy strong and deep (Daryl Smith is no slouch either). In the middle we have Ngata back, and Brandon Williams is criminally underrated. This is why we won and why we could even compete with a secondary made up of the DB equivalents of Ryan Lindley.
We got pushed around on both sides of the ball.

Hard to win in that scenario.

We obviously could not run our full offense and unfortunately your coach was smart enough to take advantage. Hope the Ravens win next week (assuming the option of both teams being swallowed up by the earth right before kickoff is off the table). Pats have looked shaky this past month but they will come out strong in the first quarter. Baltimore has to weather or win that quarter.

Ahh the cowboys are playing a playoff game today. Its so strange to see this happening especially going into this season. I hate waiting its the 4th game of this weekend. The Detroit defense has me nervous they will do some dirty plays to try and take out Murray or Romo. But i'm still thinking Dallas has a good shot at winning this game.

Bowser

FUCK

RT @SportsCenter We are heartbroken to report that Stuart Scott has died after a long fight with cancer. He was 49.

RIP :(

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Why? AZ was 10-6 last year

Dal was 8-8
Bal was 8-8, and dealt with Goodell and Ray Rice
Det was 7-9

I'd argue all 3 of their coaches deserve it more.
2-14 -> 9-7 says hi.

With essentially no first round draft pick, and the only major contributor from the draft a sixth round running back that averaged 3yards a carry.

Oh and four different qbs.

Oh wow I just woke up to news of Stuart Scott dying. Damn I remember when he debut on NFL Primetime in 1997. He brought the energy to that show.

RIP

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
FUCK

RT @SportsCenter We are heartbroken to report that Stuart Scott has died after a long fight with cancer. He was 49.

Aww man. Despite what some thought, I always like the enthusiasm he brought.

RIP

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow...RIP Stuart Scott :/

One of the only decent watchable people on the entire network.
PhoenixDark said:
Hard to see Lombardi keeping his job if the offense shits the bed again on Sunday. Injuries to the o line are a major issue but his inability to adapt is damning. You can't average 10 points against playoff teams and keep your job. Nor can your offense look competent THREE times in a 16 game season. Giants, Bucs, Thansgiving Bears game. All home games. Literally the only games where this offense looked good and consistent.

I see absolutely no way Caldwell/Mayhew give up on Lombardi after his rookie year. Both of those guys are loyal to a fault.

BigAT

FUCK

Fuck...

It was pretty evident he was doing poorly when he was at the ESPYs, but this is still rough. RIP.

Top Bottom