• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Narag

Woohoo! Let's go Colts!!

jeNBygV.gif

The league offices have to be rooting for the Cowboys to win this game.

Packers-Cowboys could be an instant classic and the Panthers play sufficiently good defense (and the Seahawks offense is sufficiently inconsistent) to at least make that a competitive game for 3 quarters.

Packers-Panthers would stop being a contest midway through the second (Matt Flynn would be playing QB by the fourth quarter) and the Lions don't have horses or the mental fortitude to hang with Seattle.

If the Lions win, you might as well just cancel the divisional round of the NFC

There's something i'm curious of.

ESPN is ripped to shreds in here constantly; tons of posters go out of their way to talk about how they don't watch it. Now that someone has died however, everybody watches ESPN and that person specifically.

Sanjuro

ESPN is ripped to shreds in here constantly; tons of posters go out of their way to talk about how they don't watch it. Now that someone has died however, everybody watches ESPN and that person specifically.

I don't get it either. It's not as good as it once was, but it's pretty par for the course when it comes to the numerous sports channels out there.

Stu and Rich still were the GOAT team.

Fuck you talking about. I'm pretty sure we all liked Stu doesn't mean we all of a sudden take ESPN highly or something.

Narag

He's been on ESPN forever though. I haven't watched it in over ten years but still hate to hear this because of the time I used to spend watching it.

eznark

Banned

Seems like the people saying nice things about him are also the people who watch espn. Your straw man is googly eyed.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers can win a game in Seattle if they play 4 clean quarters. They have no shot in Green Bay as long as Rodgers is the QB.

So I finally went to a strip club last night. It was fun. Didn't spend that much money thankfully. I could see myself going there like, twice a year. Especially with reno and Vegas relatively close to me.

Edit: Scott :(. I always liked the dude. Rip

Fuck you talking about. I'm pretty sure we all liked Stu doesn't mean we all of a sudden take ESPN highly or something.

Thing is, I don't really see what Stuart Scott was doing that any of the other ESPN anchors don't do, so thinking higher of him makes no sense to me.

He's been on ESPN forever though. I haven't watched it in over ten years but still hate to hear this because of the time I used to spend watching it.

That makes sense.

I just think that too often people trip over themselves to speak favorably of the dead, It's sad that Stu has passed and he battled with cancer for years valiantly. Let's talk about that rather than how much better he was than everyone.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
RIP Stuart Scott. I'm guessing a lot of us grew up watching Stu and Rich do Sportscenter. Lot's of great memories punctuated with a booyah or two. Way too young to pass.

-

Who has their retirement party at the same time as the Steelers' playoff game? My damn stepmother, that's who. Glad I couldn't pay attention to most of that game, though. The offense became overly reliant on Bell and it showed yesterday. The o-line played like ass, too. The defense is what the defense is. Bad.

I'll get around to a postmortem in the next week or two, but it was a positive season for the team. Probably Tomlin's best coaching job. Really saw some growth from the young guys and changes in the mindset of the team over the year.

Thing is, I don't really see what Stuart Scott was doing that any of the other ESPN anchors don't do, so thinking higher of him makes no sense to me.

Honestly you'd have to watch his earlier work with ESPN to see the difference. When he came to ESPN he was different from the rest of the bunch on ESPN. If you didn't see it watch the tribute they had on him. I think it's up on espn.com but it explain what Stuart means to him.

So you watch first take religiously because of your love of the other idiot.

I'm sorry for thinking too highly of you

Yup I have it on mute cause of my love for Skip Bayless. You figured me out bro.

RIP Stuart Scott. I'm guessing a lot of us grew up watching Stu and Rich do Sportscenter. Lot's of great memories punctuated with a booyah or two. Way too young to pass.

Probably the best duo in Sportscenter history

Honestly you'd have to watch his earlier work with ESPN to see the difference. When he came to ESPN he was different from the rest of the bunch on ESPN. If you didn't see it watch the tribute they had on him. I think it's up on espn.com but it explain what Stuart means to him.

I watched Stu on ESPN. I stand by my statement - no big difference between him and any other anchor, shy of his obvious enthusiasm for basketball.

Top Bottom