• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

I watch Stu on ESPN. I stand by my statement - no big difference between him and any other anchor, shy of his obvious enthusiasm for basketball.

How long have you been watching him. Cause when he came to ESPN he was very different from the crew. He just calmed down as he got older or maybe everyone else around him was more out there.

Fantomex

Honestly you'd have to watch his earlier work with ESPN to see the difference. When he came to ESPN he was different from the rest of the bunch on ESPN. If you didn't see it watch the tribute they had on him. I think it's up on espn.com but it explain what Stuart means to him.

I remember him saying in 97, Yankees hitting is almost as hot as that new Wu Tang Album! /tear

@AZCardinals
We're back in AZ. Thx for the positive tweets. As for the clowns who spew vulgarities, it's time to move out of the basement and enjoy life.

dang

Spinluck

RIP Stuart.

Wow, so sudden. The network isn't what it used to be there but he was there during the best days. He always seemed like he enjoyed his job.

My condolences to his family.

Colasante

Apparently the Drew Bledsoe Law went into effect today, allowing Bledsoe to ship his wine to Massachusetts. Good job, Drew!

bledsoe.jpg

Spinluck

There's something i'm curious of.

ESPN is ripped to shreds in here constantly; tons of posters go out of their way to talk about how they don't watch it. Now that someone has died however, everybody watches ESPN and that person specifically.

Lol. ESPN isn't what it used to be. But unless you can point out post singling Stuart as one of the reasons, I don't see what you're getting at. Nearly everyone caught the feels for him these past ESPYS. Dude what liked even past ESPNs bullshit. He just seemed like a likeaeable guy.

GQman2121

Banned
Hoping Cincy find a way to pull off the win. We can beat Cincy. Those two loses this year were an aberration. They can't possibly beat us three times in one season.

Lol. ESPN isn't what it used to be. But unless you can point out post singling Stuart as one of the reasons, I don't see what you're getting at. Nearly everyone caught the feels for him these past ESPYS. Dude what liked even past ESPNs bullshit. He just seemed like a likeaeable guy.
I'm not talking about how likeable he is. In talking about his perceived quality as a sportscaster over the average. What you guys are arguing about is his familiarity, not quality.

Colasante

I don't know if the Colts or Bengals have the better shot of taking out the Broncos next week. I don't see either team beating them without a lot of breaks going their way. Hard to figure out who to root for, so I guess I'll root for my boy Andrew Luck.

JCizzle

I'm not talking about how likeable he is. In talking about his perceived quality as a sportscaster over the average. What you guys are arguing about is his familiarity, not quality.

He was one of the best in the business for a long stretch. The act wore thin over time, but not many people can remain fresh throughout their entire careers - particularly someone with his style. Is it really that strange to you that people are focusing on the good in the immediate aftermath of that person's death?

Josh5890

I don't know if the Colts or Bengals have the better shot of taking out the Broncos next week. I don't see either team beating them without a lot of breaks going their way. Hard to figure out who to root for, so I guess I'll root for my boy Andrew Luck.

If the Bengals can pull off the win today and get A.J back I would give them a better shot than the Colts against Denver. They beat the Broncos a couple weeks ago so they know they can win against Manning.

Probably to 6.5, but under a TD may create too much action for the Pats.

And has worse defenses and Ravens were better.

Agreed on worse defenses, but I believe that this Ravens team is statistically the best offensive Ravens team they've ever had (going back to the move to Baltimore).

I did not want to play Baltimore as a Pats fan. I was saying this last week in the NFL thread... it's basically the one AFC team I really didn't want to play in the first round. Though I considered the Steelers a better team and more capable of making the super bowl from the AFC, Baltimore matches up well against New England, and the Steelers weren't as good of a matchup (especially if Bell were hobbled). Patriots have done very well against teams with a star WR who rely on that star, like Pittsburgh does with Antonio Brown. If Brown isn't electric in a game, the Steelers had a shitty offensive game. Revis would have shut down Brown for most of the game -- possibly like a Jordy Nelson type affair where he does nothing for 59 minutes but is able to have one important play. Baltimore spreads the ball more evenly. I think you'll see Revis on Steve Smith, Browner + Safety help on Torrey Smith, leaving a one on one matchup for a nickel or LB against Dixon, who is a speed threat against New England. This opens up Forsett for delayed handoffs (think Moreno last year in the AFC Championship game).

Defensively, baltimore is going to have to get to Brady. If the offensive line,w ho has been playing poorly for 3 weeks, can't block on delayed and overload blitzes, then Brady will be in trouble. If the offensive line adequately blocks and they're able to pick up blitzes, then I think Brady will carve up Baltimore's secondary.

I'm nervous about Baltimore, but think that New England will win. I'm also nervous because was at both of Baltimore's playoff victories against New England, including that horrific coming out party for domestic abuser Ray Rice in ~2009 or whenever that was.

Colts for sure, IMO, as long as Hilton is healthy.

Bread

Banned
Bengals defense gave Manning fits, I'll go with them.

And noodle.

Josh5890

Ah, yeah, I guess.

Cowboys make the playoffs and these guys hop on Jones' dick? Lol

Imagine what sportscenter will be like if they win today. My God if the make it to the NFC championship game they will probably get an hour of sportscenter dedicated just to the franchise

Afrikan

Yeah just waking up to this... I just remember growing up and hearing Stu do Michael Jackson's aahee hee....When ever The NFL Michael Jackson would catch TDs...shit used to crack me up...lol.

Although I don't like what the ESPN suits have turned the station into (looking for Drama instead of reporting facts)

I will say my heart goes out to all of his co-workers, they all seemed real close to Scott....it's going to be weird watching ESPN these next few days.

But my heart really goes out to his daughters...I'm sure they will be fine. Seemed like Stewart was doing a great job setting them up for life with his inspiration, for fighting for this long...yet still trying to work at a high level..doing mixed martial arts...and being another public voice for someone going through this F'd up disease.

TheFatOne

Did my ears deceive me or did I just hear on ESPN that one of the main reasons they did not suspend Suh would be the irreparable damage it would do to the Lions? Isn't that you know the whole fucking point. NFL discipline is a joke.

eznark

Banned
Did my ears deceive me or did I just hear on ESPN that one of the main reasons they did not suspend Suh would be the irreparable damage it would do to the Lions? Isn't that you know the whole fucking point. NFL discipline is a joke.

In keeping with that philosophy the nfl should postpone today's game until AJ is healthy.

Top Bottom