• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Really was surprised by the crowd noise. I've never seen the Cowboys crowd that loud (in their favor) in that building

So congrats Seattle on your playoff pre season game with Carolina

And now its the 8-0 home team vs the 8-0 road team

ZaCH3000

The PI call was awful. But the non-calls on the horrific holds on the cowboys OTs on their last drive were just as bad. They saved sacks a good three times and never got a flag. The facemask hold being worst offender. I can't believe they didn't mention it in the replay.

Re watch that call. The WR grabbed the facemask creating what you think was PI but in reality it was the other way around.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Really was surprised by the crowd noise. I've never seen the Cowboys crowd that loud (in their favor) in that building

So congrats Seattle on your playoff pre season game with Carolina

And now its the 8-0 home team vs the 8-0 road team

Colts used to pump crowd noise in during the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprising if that were the case here.

Syrinx

The Lions did get away with a defensive hold on the Cowboys' third down before they went for it on fourth (well, according to Buck and Aikman; I don't have TV atm and had to watch at a restaurant).

Fuck the conservative play calling. That stupid punt...fuck that. 4th and 1. Play big or go fucking home. How the fuck do you go for a stupid 4th and long last week but pass up an obvious 4th and 1 this week?

TheFatOne

Egregious officiating bullshit aside let's be honest, Detroit had opportunities to win that game.

I can't let the officials off the hook like that. Refs clearly affected the outcome of this game which is something that should never happen. Detroit had opportunities to win the game, and when the defense made plays they were not called. Could have held the Cowboys to a field goal instead of a TD which changes everything.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cowboys were handed the game on a silver platter. Detroit didn't deserve it, but the Cowboys definitely didn't deserve it.

Yeah the refs were the ones who gave up a 1st down on 4th and 6. The refs were the ones who decided to punt the ball away instead of trying to ice the game on 4th and not even 1.

RBH

VPY0fab.jpg
:lol

Yeah the refs were the ones who gave up a 1st down on 4th and 6. The refs were the ones who decided to punt the ball away instead of trying to ice the game on 4th and not even 1.

This is the shit I'm talking about, that flag pick up didn't win the game for the Cowboys. The balls on Garret to go for it on 4th and 6, I was questioning what he was doing, but I'm glad he did.

Seriously, I can't see how people are claiming the refs cost Detroit this game when a pass interference should have never been called and the refs gave Detroit the penalty to get out of their endzone and score a td in the 1st quarter. The refs were bad, yes, but Detroit lost this game all on their own. The lions even had a full 3 minutes and timeouts to score a td and they fumbled it twice. Detroit failed on every level in the 2nd half.

Tenumi

Banned
Caldwell said on PI pick-up, explanation from refs was "not good enough". Rather emphatically, actually, considering his usual demeanor.

One play does not a game make, but it's definitely not good to hear that.

Top Bottom