• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

WedgeX

Banned
this thread.

giphy.gif

:jnc

Kiryu

I honestly see Seahawks vs Cowboys NFCCG

I mean... Cowboys is 8-0 on road! Homefield advantage means nothing to them.

JABEE

Yeah the refs were the ones who gave up a 1st down on 4th and 6. The refs were the ones who decided to punt the ball away instead of trying to ice the game on 4th and not even 1.
Shouldn't have had to punt. It was a DPI called and picked up and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Dez Bryant for going on the field with his helmet off.

Barryman

And because controversy sells, ESPN will be a shit show no matter how many times that facemask is pointed out. I noticed that from a compressed iPad screen at 30k ft. The officiating made a very diplomatic call.

No. If there really are offsetting penalties, they are announced.

TheFatOne

I refuse to believe a team as stupid as the Cowboys will be able to beat GB at home. I mean it could happen, but Rodgers would have to have an absolute horrendous game. I don't see that happening. Cowboys defense is not good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Eh, that road record is a bit dubious and more coincidental I think to playing well in general.

I don't think Dallas played football well enough today to beat Green Bay in Green Bay.

Regardless, we'd get pants'd and shit on in Seattle.

JNA

Banned
Suh crying in the press conference.

Karma. Nothing against Lions fans or for most of the Lions player but Suh is an exception.

Keep crying.

Barryman

No. You make the right call in the end. A ref with a better angle called it. As a fan, watch the footy. That ref made the right call and was diplomatic about it.

Have you watched NFL games? If there are offsetting penalties on a play, they are announced. They don't just pick up the flag.

I just would like to state that we the Seahawks are not evil, we do not condone thuggery, robbery (especially of lap tops), abuse to women, or any other evil deeds.

WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Have you watched NFL games? If there are offsetting penalties on a play, they are announced. They don't just pick up the flag.

This is what's weird about it to me, very poorly handled, but it is what it is. I hate the control refs have sometimes it's too much (see greenbay v seattle hail mary), that being said stafford had his shot to right the ship and he blew it, not once, but TWICE.

jWILL253

Banned
Yes, Detroit had ample opportunities to win that game, and blew it twice on the same drive.

But holy fucking shit if the refs don't shoulder most of the blame for the way this game turned out. A clear PI turns field goal range and a fresh set of downs, into a 4th down, out of field goal range.

That's a 3-down swing with a bunch of yardage as collateral damage, occurring in less than 1 minute. This is a fuckup, plain and goddamn simple.

Top Bottom