• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

You can argue that the PI call shouldn't have happened as the ball was un-catchable.

He was not going to catch the ball through a player, and the ball ultimately bounced off the dead center of the defender.

But then I'm a person who despises Pass Interference in general. I think it's way too swingy, and gets applied/not applied pretty much at random. This call clearly did not change my mind on that.

Every team would have a Ms Elizabeth and Ben would abuse or rape all of them during the week (including the Steelers, which would be Browns girl and lead to the end of the Steelers Megapowers after 3 straight titles).

The relevation would always come out at the end of halftime. And it would never get old!

that Tebow playoff game was some straight john cena shit

AlexMogil

My flow chart for teams I can stomach winning goes like:

Panthers > Colts > Broncos > Cowboys > An eternity of debt and misfortune > Patriots > Having my pubic hairs plucked one by one, my balls lathered with lighter fuel and lit on fire, and then put out with a gallon of lime juice laced with salt > The end of man kind > Ravens

Aaron Rodgers, starting quarterback of the Green Bay Having my pubic hairs plucked one by one, my balls lathered with lighter fuel and lit on fire, and then put out with a gallon of lime juice laced with salt feels confident against the Cowboys.

Fantomex

Fuck this league. I knew that shit would cost us the win. Joke all you want but if you couldn't see that the NFL had a hard-on to get Dallas a win tonight you're blind as a fucking bat. Picking up that flag had a huge influence on the outcome of the game. That's the bottom line. Fuck this shitty sport. Can't have the thug Lions beat America's Team. Fuck off.

tim-duncan-deal-with-it.gif

Rorschach

League is out to get the Lions. That's why they let Suh play.
quoting for the new page.

Who cares? I don't think anyone is complaining about a new thread not being up. Let this one germinate. Lots of shit talking, bitching, moaning, complaining, and gloating to be had. Plus post game pressers and local radio streams. :D Better than a bunch of "first!" posts consisting of "new thread!" and first time posters hoping "my Cowboys win big!"

Patriots7

Cowboys defense isn't that good, true. But neither is Green Bays.

Should be a good game, gonna root for the Cowboys for Murray not getting the MVP nod.

cdyhybrid

You guys are still on the PI. That is what it is. The non-calls on at least two blatant holds on that last Dallas drive were far more egregious if you want to bitch about home cookin'.

In the end though, Lions offense went to sleep in the second half and that last drive was about as bad as it gets. Want to prove the refs wrong? Drive to win the game. Don't fumble twice.

Agreed on all counts.

My flow chart for teams I can stomach winning goes like:

Panthers > Colts > Broncos > Packers > Cowboys > An eternity of debt and misfortune > Patriots > Having my pubic hairs plucked one by one, my balls lathered with lighter fuel and lit on fire, and then put out with a gallon of lime juice laced with salt > The end of man kind > Ravens

What about the Hawks? :O

ZaCH3000

Re watch that fucking non pass interference play and come back to me saying there was not a face mask grab which led to the supposed "non pass interference call!"

It doesn't matter. The haters have something to taint this playoff's run. Can't wait to crush the packers! Fucking crush them!! Put that debate to rest before it even happens.

Branduil

The weird thing isn't really it not being called PI, refs miss calls all the time. It's the rescinding of an already-called penalty that I can't ever remember happening before that makes it weird and will fuel conspiracy theories for decades.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
League is out to get the Lions. That's why they let Suh play.

Who cares? I don't think anyone is complaining about a new thread not being up. Let this one germinate. Lots of shit talking, bitching, moaning, complaining, and gloating to be had. Plus post game pressers and local radio streams. :D Better than a bunch of "first!" posts consisting of "new thread!" and first time posters hoping "my Cowboys win big!"

My friend I just quoted it because it was at the bottom of the last page.

That's it.

No need for the hateration, holleration, in this dancerie.

The weird thing isn't really it not being called PI, refs miss calls all the time. It's the rescinding of an already-called penalty that I can't ever remember happening before that makes it weird and will fuel conspiracy theories for decades.

Yeah, I don't think that has ever happened before, and while it would have been weird they should have at least announced the rescinding of the penalty. Honestly there were bad calls going both ways this game that hurt Dallas as well. I'm going to chalk it up to these refs just being terrible and not some grand conspiracy theory.

Tenumi

Banned

Not only that, but no given reasoning. If I was in the booth or on the sideline, I'd love to know why it was picked up.

Barryman

Aside from "the picked up flag," the no-calls on the Cowboys OL were the most egregious part of the fourth quarter. Dean Blandino and the officials gave the Cowboys that TD.

Sulik2

The PI call was awful. But the non-calls on the horrific holds on the cowboys OTs on their last drive were just as bad. They saved sacks a good three times and never got a flag. The facemask hold being worst offender. I can't believe they didn't mention it in the replay.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The PI call was awful. But the non-calls on the horrific holds on the cowboys OTs on their last drive were just as bad. They saved sacks a good three times and never got a flag. The facemask hold being worst offender. I can't believe they didn't mention it in the replay.

Why would Buck and Aikman, two Cowboys slappies, mention the blatant holding?

Syrinx

Lol Kas.
Lol Beast
Lol Heavy.

Rest of Lions-GAF, sucks. Heartbreaking loss there, but one I saw coming when it was 10 at the half and figure a lot of you did as well. That picked-up flag was a bizarre sequence, but you guys got a gift from God Demarcus Lawrence and couldn't cash in.

If kas is banned by the start of next season, I could root for you guys. Just stay the fuck of the Bucs' way (we can handle that ourselves).

Aylinato

Aside from "the picked up flag," the no-calls on the Cowboys OL were the most egregious part of the fourth quarter. Dean Blandino and the officials gave the Cowboys that TD.

Also the call when the lions secondary tackled the short guy. It's a penalty to tackle someone now? Jeeze.

First half they made shitty calls against the Cowboys. Cowboys gave the Lions every opportunity to win the game and they couldn't do it.

Top Bottom