• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

To everyone complaining about refs. *ahem*

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Offense didn't get it done. Defense didn't get it done. Get over your damn selves and build a better team next time, maybe then you'll get benefit of the doubt the next time you need a close call. Sick of the moaning coming out of my own fanbase, I had enough of that during Michigan season.

And this is why we can't have nice things. Because half our fanbase outside of GAF don't want to take the hard steps to make this team decent. Not a contender. Not a playoff team. JUST DECENT.

Bessy67

So Packers/Seahawks is definitely a bigger ratings draw than Cowboys/Seahawks, right? Packers won't get the Lions treatment?

BigAT

Apologies for the delay gentlemen:

HV6Cofm.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Haven't seen all that's gone done but from the sounds of it I might have to break out the hammer tomorrow morning.

Woo, man. Thank goodness I've been working on controlling my emotions lately. My anger has worn off already. Otherwise, I would probably have had the hammer fall on me already.

I'm pretty sure 80% of Cowboys fans have never set foot in the state of Texas.

Definitely true around here (DC area). They always have some reason ("my grandparents are from Dallas when I was 2 years old a kid they took me to a game"). 90% are bandwagon douchebags and have no association with Dallas or even the state of Texas.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And this is why we can't have nice things. Because half our fanbase outside of GAF don't want to take the hard steps to make this team decent. Not a contender. Not a playoff team. JUST DECENT.

Hey--if it were up to me, Lombardi would be fired and the team would sucker some team into giving up two firsts for Calvin. I KNOW this team needs help.

But that doesn't negate the garbage calls/no-calls.

TheFatOne

Also, the thing that no one is talking about here Dez Bryant should have been flagged after the pi call. He ran onto the field without a helmet and should have been flagged for it. Even if they pick up the pi flag Dez should have been flagged anyways. Either way the officials look like shit.

RELAYER

Banned
Whoever made the picture of the new "stomp" is being downright dishonest.
The guy was blocking and a leg basically appeared under neath his foot without him seeing it.
He wasn't even looking in that direction.

It's like Detroit fans can't accept that they lost, so now they are trying to use misleading still images to whip up fervor, like it's going to somehow get them a win.

As a Falcons fan, after the London game, I can only say that I'm loling heartily at all the ref butthurt from Lions fans.

Tenumi

Banned

What can the fanbase do?

Really, I'm not fond of the fanbase, honestly. Too... hair-trigger reactionary for me.

iori9999

Banned
Hey--if it were up to me, Lombardi would be fired and the team would sucker some team into giving up two firsts for Calvin. I KNOW this team needs help.

But that doesn't negate the garbage calls/no-calls.

I would trade Stafford for a second before I would trade Calvin..

BigAT

Whoever made the picture of the new "stomp" is being downright dishonest.
The guy was blocking and a leg basically appeared under neath his foot without him seeing it.
He wasn't even looking in that direction.

It's like Detroit fans can't accept that they lost, so now they are trying to use misleading still images to whip up fervor, like it's going to somehow get them a win.

As a Falcons fan, after the London game, I can only say that I'm loling heartily at all the ref butthurt from Lions fans.

Someone from Detroit being dishonest? I refuse to believe it.

DarkFlow

Banned
When my cards lost yesterday, I didn't really feel bad because it was pretty obvious we were going to lose. Now that the Lions have gone down too, I feel even better!

Farooq

Banned
Two things:

1. Saw some Dallas fans saying they beat the refs tonight. Lmao. If anyone was up agains the refs it was Detroit. Fuck both teams, though. I was hoping a giant sinkhole would appear and consume both teams and all fans in the stadium. Alas, it did not happen.

2. Jason Garrett is the Jimbo Fisher of the NFL. No idea what he's doing; just got some good athletes to win games and make him look smart.

This is a silly comment. Jason built his program the right way, through the draft. Assembled an amazing coaching staff (Callahan, Pollack, Pope, Linehan, Marinelli, Dooley etc.), and changed the culture in Dallas. He, along with Stephen Jones streamlined the scouting department. Look at the past drafts under Garrett, fucking money.

Garrett rebuilt the Cowboys football program.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It would be incredibly fitting if that PI no-call is what finally pushes the league to making a rule about allowing PI calls to be challenged.

Reminiscent of the Calvin Johnson catch/no-catch in Chicago, again the lions being involved.

Top Bottom