• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

BigAT

How your favorite team performed against Vegas' and the Statheads analysts' pre-season predicted win totals.

statsbylopez-8001.jpg

As you can see:

Panthers were basically right where everyone thought they would be. (sigh)
Cowboys, Cards, and Lions way overperformed
Bears, Titans, Bucs, and Saints way underperformed

Anyone see that picture ESPN just posted of the rafters in Detroit?

6hFYWty.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This guy with the Aaron Rodgers avatar really loves Suh and the Detroit Lions.

JABEE, I would like to thank you. Your poems and songs earlier today brought me to a low point. I was a "Lolions" fan again. "Loser lose" they said.

But you know what else they said? They said we'd be lucky to get to third place in our division. They said ":jncccccc" at the Lions reaching 10 wins, let alone 11 and making it to the playoffs.

I was at a low point with that "Lolions" John Lennon poem you wrote and I said fuck it. They doubted us from the start so fuck them. The NFL can try to unjustifiably suspend Suh because they want the Cowboys for higher ratings.

And then I remembered the last two times we played the Cowgirls:

megatron4th.gif

megatron%20slow.gif

megatron-td.gif

stafford-fake.gif

Fuck them, they never believed in us anyway. I still do. Scared of Romo in a playoff game with our clutch QB and Megatron? :jnc let me refill my glass.

They want to double Megatron, fine we got Golden Tate. Or maybe we can pound the ball with Joique Bell and throw a screen pass to Theo Riddick here and there. Last year our #2 reciever was Kris Durham, Staffords drinking buddy from college and Stafford still fucked around and got us a W in the last seconds. We're not playing in a muddy ass, shitty outdoor Lambaue stadium, we're playing where are are confortable and thats in a dome on the turf.

Thank you JABEE for reinstilling confidence in me earlier today.

Restore the Roar.

There were probably four NFL franchises on Harbz shortlist before Michigan.

But money talks.

Crazy how quickly the talk went from "Mama Harbaugh doesn't want to move" to "Family and friends are pushing Jim to take the Michigan job" once those numbers came out.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There were probably four NFL franchises on Harbz shortlist before Michigan.

But money talks.

Crazy how quickly the talk went from "Mama Harbaugh doesn't want to move" to "Family and friends are pushing Jim to take the Michigan job" once those numbers came out.

Not only that but at the college level, egos are not only tolerated but they prosper!

He can be the biggest asshole on the face of the earth and they'll kiss his ass and treat him like royalty as long as he wins 10 games at a minimum every season.

oneHeero

JABEE, I would like to thank you. Your poems and songs earlier today brought me to a low point. I was a "Lolions" fan again. "Loser lose" they said.

But you know what else they said? They said we'd be lucky to get to third place in our division. They said ":jncccccc" at the Lions reaching 10 wins, let alone 11 and making it to the playoffs.

I was at a low point with that "Lolions" John Lennon poem you wrote and I said fuck it. They doubted us from the start so fuck them. The NFL can try to unjustifiably suspend Suh because they want the Cowboys for higher ratings.

And then I remembered the last two times we played the Cowgirls:

megatron4th.gif

megatron%20slow.gif

megatron-td.gif

stafford-fake.gif

Fuck them, they never believed in us anyway. I still do. Scared of Romo in a playoff game with our clutch QB and Megatron? :jnc let me refill my glass.

They want to double Megatron, fine we got Golden Tate. Or maybe we can pound the ball with Joique Bell and throw a screen pass to Theo Riddick here and there. Last year our #2 reciever was Kris Durham, Staffords drinking buddy from college and Stafford still fucked around and got us a W in the last seconds. We're not playing in a muddy ass, shitty outdoor Lambaue stadium, we're playing where are are confortable and thats in a dome on the turf.

Thank you JABEE for reinstilling confidence in me earlier today.

Restore the Roar.
I wish this wasn't just a shtick.

But funny, like half the players you mentioned weren't even playing in those games yet you don't take into consideration that the Cowboys are a completely different team. Than you mention the word clutch, despite what you know bout Stafford you should really look into Romos 4th qtr comebacks.

I'd wager a ban bet w you if we could.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

But funny, like half the players you mentioned weren't even playing in those games yet you don't take into consideration that the Cowboys are a completely different team. Than you mention the word clutch, despite what you know bout Stafford you should really look into Romos 4th qtr comebacks.

It's not a shtick. We came back and beat you in 2011 in Dallas after being down by 20+ at halftime.

Last year what was different? You had no DeMarco Murray but we had not Golden Tate. You're defense is in the bottom half of the league just like it was last year. The NFL can try to handicap us, suspend Suh for your ratings but we'll still put up a fight.

Romo has had his comebacks but its never been against the Matthew Stafford led Lions, its been the opposite.

Restore the Roar.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Put $10 bet on PayPal if you want. Maybe that'd be enough to cover the cost of the high inventory Tony Romo jerseys they'll have for sale at Marshalls after your douche of an owner gets rid of Romo after this Sundays loss.

It's not a shtick. We came back and beat you in 2011 in Dallas after being down by 20+ at halftime.

Last year what was different? You had no DeMarco Murray but we had not Golden Tate. Our #2 reciever last year was Kris Durham. Your defense is in the bottom half of the league just like it was last year. The NFL can try to handicap us, suspend Suh for your ratings but we'll still put up a fight.

Romo has had his comebacks but its never been against the Matthew Stafford led Lions, its been the opposite.

Restore the Roar.

zychi

Banned
Put $10 bet on PayPal if you want. Maybe that'd be enough to cover the cost of the high inventory Tony Romo jerseys they'll have for sale at Marshalls after your douche of an owner gets rid of Romo after this Sundays loss.

Last year what was different? You had no DeMarco Murray but we had not Golden Tate. Our #2 reciever last year was Kris Durham. Your defense is in the bottom half of the league just like it was last year. The NFL can try to handicap us, suspend Suh for your ratings but we'll still put up a fight.

Restore the Roar.
D-d-double post!

How your favorite team performed against Vegas' and the Statheads analysts' pre-season predicted win totals.

statsbylopez-8001.jpg

As you can see:

Panthers were basically right where everyone thought they would be. (sigh)
Cowboys, Cards, and Lions way overperformed
Bears, Titans, Bucs, and Saints way underperformed
Cowboys the biggest surprise

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This reminds me of how Tabris would manage to shit up NHL threads.

Only difference is Tabris at least has humility and will admit when he is wrong.

This reminds me of how Tabris would manage to shit up NHL threads.

Only difference is Tabris at least has humility and will admit when he is wrong.

Tabris is going to kick us (Denver fans) to the curb when Manning retires. Who he'll champion next is anyone's guess.

I'm contractually obligated to hate the cowboys and I lived in Michigan for awhile, almost had an internship with the lions, fuck the cowboys. Go lions. I know they will get mauled by seattle the next week, I just want to see Dallas Suffer

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lol at this point Kas is just acting like a straight dick.

He'll probably say I should go to the offseason thread

BG I do not want to fight my Cleveland Brown cousins and if you were in the playoffs and we were in the Offseason I'd root nothing but the Superbowl for the Browns.

My fight is with the Cowboys and the NFLs hypocritical suspension/fine policies.

My sights are set on kicking the shit out of the Cowboys this Sunday, I've given up on the NFL. They can handicap us all they want but I still believe.

Oh yeah, and fuck the Packers.

Restore the Roar.

kas you need to cool it down brah!

let this change your life and soothe the savage beast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfV7NLCWiiU

This is the playoffs, brah. No cooling down at this point.

Draxal

College football update.

Texas-Arkansas.

Texas has 25 TOTAL yards in the fourth quarter now (they also had a 44 yard td drive earlier in the game).

Top Bottom