• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

jmdajr

I got an XBONE. Now I have all the systems. MRSA step up to the streets you poor!

tumblr_myy287pqJj1sqjmvmo1_400.gif

Should have waited until it was 399 again. That would have shown The Poors.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who did they lose to in the 2011 playoffs? 1 and done right?

I heard the earthquake warning went off in California when Stafford got off the plane. Can you confirm or deny?

How about the fact that he won comeback player of the year as a starting QB for a losing franchise? That's like winning best food eater at McDonalds

We lost our 2011 playoff game because our #1 running back, in a valiant effort, had 11 rushes for 24 yards. Our only rushing touchdown came from the athleticism.

The past is the past though. We have a playoff game this Sunday.

Draxal

Laughable comment. His pieces contributed but that was Accorsi's team.

He was director of pro personnel back then and his replacement is not nearly as strong. He does get credit for some of the players he helped pick before his tenure of being a gm. It's why he got hired to be GM.

Agreed. 2014 could be his best draft since '07 if the players in question continue to progress.

In all honesty, 2007 started off really strong but tailed off quickly, 2014 might eclipse 2007 just because of Beckham alone.

I liked Johnson, but he flamed out and only Bradshaw had the long productive career with the Giants (Grandpa Ross just had a career) and Boss/Alford/Smith were all derailed by injuries.

Cmon, let's not pretend like Reese has hit home runs here. If not for Beckham he would be on the hot seat if not fired. We got nothing out of the 2012 draft, last year we got Pugh and that's it. It's embarrassing.

I always fall back to what I am taught. The party line is that Henry Ford wasn't the smartest guy, but he surrounded himself with smart people.

You forgetting JPP/Prince Reese has one miss so far with his first round picks..Wilson and that was injury,

2007 Reese became the GM
2007 his best Draft class, he found great to good players in every round that helped us win 2 SBs..
Aaron Ross
Steve Smith
Zak DeOssie
Kevin Boss
Ahmad Bradshaw.
Left out the Bust players like Jay Alford Adam Koets but these guys made plays..

Just the first 3 rounds

KP
TT
Mario
Those 3 were great for us before they were injured..

2009 two 2nd round picks
Nicks:Before his knee went bad he was a beast.
Clint Sintim(bust)
Will Beatty(decent to good LT)
Ramses Barden (bust)

JPP
Linval Joseph (Beast) Vikings fans should be happy they have him..
Chad Jones never saw the field because of a car accident.

Prince: the best CB we have had since Sehorn.
Marvin Austin: bust wasted pick because he didn't play his final year in College..
Jerrel: hahahahahaha....... nuff said

Wilson injury ended his career..
Randle damn headcase, he has all the tools to be the number 1 WR but dude just can't get it together..
Jayron Hosley:can't cover himself with a blanket..

Justin Pugh, very good player the fan base called a T.rex because of his short arms..
Johnathan Hankins: fucking beast...
Damontre Moore Jury still out on this kid.

I think Reese has done a good job at finding TALENT, but they always injured...

In all honesty, 2007 started off really strong but tailed off quickly, 2014 might eclipse 2007 just because of Beckham alone.

I liked Johnson, but he flamed out and only Bradshaw had the long productive career with the Giants (Grandpa Ross just had a career) and Boss/Alford/Smith were all derailed by injuries.
yeah, injuries hurt that class substantially. Steve Smith seemed like he would have a bright career before he shredded his knee and came back too early for the Eagles. Boss with the concussions hurt. I hated that he signed with Oakland.

Bradshaw was definitely the best of the bunch there. DeOssie has had a nice long career with the Giants as the long snapper, too.

Bron threatening to opt out 2 months into the season.

Don't ever change Cleveland.

To be fair, he's not explicitly threatening to opt out. But he's definitely got his media mouthpiece Windhurst (related note: How pissed must Windhurst be about this move to Cleveland. Since ESPN pays to basically just follow Lebron around, him going back to Cleveland brought an end to Windhurst's 4 year paid vacation in Miami) floating the idea that it's possible. Hilarious how much power Lebron exerts over that franchise.

To be honest, the whole thing is a total mess and shows a complete lack of foresight on the part of Dan Gilbert and Cleve management. Blatt isn't an awful coach but he was brought into the NBA to be a teacher and caretaker for a young team rebuilding with Andrew Wiggins, Tony Bennett, and a star in Kyrie. When Lebron came in and Love was traded, the parameters of his Blatt's job description changed rapidly. Now it's championship or bust and I don't think he's ready for that. Never mind that the pieces that he was given don't fit together to make a championship roster. He's got a lot of smallish scorers and no one who can play defense. You don't win titles in the NBA constructed like that.

I don't fault Gilbert for taking the gamble, because if you have a chance to secure the services of a top 10 player ever still in his prime you have to do it, no matter the costs. But it's clearer and clearer everyday that they didn't think this all the way through.

zychi

Banned
To be fair, he's not explicitly threatening to opt out. But he's definitely got his media mouthpiece Windhurst (related note: How pissed must Windhurst be about this move to Cleveland. Since ESPN pays to basically just follow Lebron around, him going back to Cleveland brought an end to Windhurst's 4 year paid vacation in Miami) floating the idea that it's possible. Hilarious how much power Lebron exerts over that franchise.

To be honest, the whole thing is a total mess and shows a complete lack of foresight on the part of Dan Gilbert and Cleve management. Blatt isn't an awful coach but he was brought into the NBA to be a teacher and caretaker for a young team rebuilding with Andrew Wiggins, Tony Bennett, and a star in Kyrie. When Lebron came in and Love was traded, the parameters of his Blatt's job description changed rapidly. Now it's championship or bust and I don't think he's ready for that. Never mind that the pieces that he was given don't fit together to make a championship roster. He's got a lot of smallish scorers and no one who can play defense. You don't win titles in the NBA constructed like that.

I don't fault Gilbert for taking the gamble, because if you have a chance to secure the services of a top 10 player ever still in his prime you have to do it, no matter the costs. But it's clearer and clearer everyday that they didn't think this all the way through.
#forgiven
#lebronleavesagain
#whichsuperstarswillhetryandteamupwithnext?
#vincemcmahoncouldntwriteabetteridiotheel
#hashtags

Draxal

yeah, injuries hurt that class substantially. Steve Smith seemed like he would have a bright career before he shredded his knee and came back too early for the Eagles. Boss with the concussions hurt. I hated that he signed with Oakland.

Bradshaw was definitely the best of the bunch there. DeOssie has had a nice long career with the Giants as the long snapper, too.

Deossie could have been cut 4 years ago and we probably have been better off. He's made the pro bowl as a snapper only because of Weatherford.

2003, 4 and 5 were the Giants strongest drafts. 2005 is my favorite personally.

Can't blame anyone but LeBron. He played their before and experience the inept owner and front office first hand with all those shitty teams he had to carry. Now going back what the fuck did he think was going to happen? That's why he wants so much control because he doesn't trust or buy in their system. This is just going to cause friction.

He's not going to opt out. He's worked way too hard rebuilding his image in Cleveland to blow it all up this fast.

There's this too.

If you thought him going back to Cleveland was all basketball, you're kidding yourself. This is in no small part a business move.

Look at how many people suddenly started liking Lebron again once he left the nice weather, hot women, star-studded limelight in Miami and returned to hard-working, midwestern, Heart of America values Cleveland.

bionic77

I want to say a ballpark of 15ft but I'll verify when I get home.

I think this is namely because there isn't much 4K content yet to observe but I've seen demos and I've up scaled from 1080p and in both instances I noticed a difference. TV and console games won't get there anytime soon but I'm doing it for movies. I can get the tv experience via netflix too if I decide to subscribe to 4K streaming but that won't be worth it until they have a decent library built up. I bought the tv now because my long time roommate just moved out and owned pretty much everything in the living room so I'm replacing everything and decided to make my TV future proof for a while. I do want OLED but I figure when I can get one that's 70" for 3 grand, I'll bite. In the meantime, this is a pretty sweet tv that didn't break the bank and I can enjoy up scaling in the interim.
The first time I saw HDTV was at disney world in Epcot in 2000. Seeing sports in HD blew my mind and is why I was an early adopter 1-2 years later. I was into DVD for convenience and the improved sound.

I honestly am not that interested in upgrading to 4K just for movies (unless I get a big ass projector than I will sing a different tune). 90% of my viewing is sports and I barely saw any difference between HD and 4k in the demos I saw for sporting events. I think as with HD the providers, content provider and cameras have to catch up to the demands of HD. Hell when I bought my it was hard to find an HD signal. We are at the same point for 4K IMHO.

Once the cunts @ Comcast and Dish etc catch up and can let me see my Steelers in 4k I will buy a set the next day. Until then not that impressed.

zychi

Banned
He's not going to opt out. He's worked way too hard rebuilding his image in Cleveland to blow it all up this fast.
Yep, just like he did in Miami, just like he did in Cleveland before.

Planting the seeds of "we're a young team, dont expect championships" when he announced. Planting seeds of "we have a coach, who else?"

He just wanted Cle to forgive him so he could sell jerseys and merch in his hometown again. keeps it going once he gets espn to start the love trade rumors, and incompetance of his coach.

Just need a guy who doesnt run a cfl based offense with no room for change and the balls to bench his rb who cant block a paper bag

Lol at xbox one fans hyping up halo 5. Still waiting for my $60 halo mcc to work properly. Why the fuck would anyone preorder or want halo 5 after the mess 343 has been with halo? Halo 4 was shit, mcc is shit, just cuz a beta runs two maps right? Fuck outta here
343 had a very small hand in MCC, they outsourced it. They take the fall because their name is slapped all over it and that's on them for not providing proper QA before letting it ship. H5 is an attempt at rectifying the mess that was H4 so people are curious to try the beta out and if they like the beta, why not be excited? You honestly think they'll ship H5 the way MCC did after the backlash? They now find themselves giving away a free game when it hits in the future to try and appease fans. They won't make that kind of blunder again.
The first time I saw HDTV was at disney world in Epcot in 2000. Seeing sports in HD blew my mind and is why I was an early adopter 1-2 years later. I was into DVD for convenience and the improved sound.

I honestly am not that interested in upgrading to 4K just for movies (unless I get a big ass projector than I will sing a different tune). 90% of my viewing is sports and I barely saw any difference between HD and 4k in the demos I saw for sporting events. I think as with HD the providers, content provider and cameras have to catch up to the demands of HD. Hell when I bought my it was hard to find an HD signal. We are at the same point for 4K IMHO.

Once the cunts @ Comcast and Dish etc catch up and can let me see my Steelers in 4k I will buy a set the next day. Until then not that impressed.
There's nothing to debate here, you absolutely do not need to buy an Ultra HD set this year if you don't have a pressing need to purchase a TV. I'd normally wait until we had Ultra HD blu rays out before taking the plunge but as I needed to get a living room set ASAP, I opted to go with a set that will have me ready for when the discs and players do launch and we start seeing more content. I don't want to have to buy another tv in a couple years. I won't feel compelled to buy a replacement until large OLEDs are reasonably priced. I seem to notice more of a difference between 1080p and 4K then you do, however.

LeBron just wanted to troll that piece of shit city one last time that's why he's tanking and pretending to have lost a step. He and Love are then going to bolt to the Lakers this offseason.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas wins!

Kas wins!

I don't win anything, the Detroit Lions and the whole fanbase won. We need Suh out to play he makes our defense great. I'm much more confident going with him than without him obviously.

Glad to see the NFL make a correct decision for once. Common sense wins the day. Pretty much the whole NFL and referees knew his suspension was not justified.

Top Bottom