• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Rams/Fisher press conference notes

-No staff changes. Schotty back.

Called him "outstanding", which Rams fans on my TL are having fun with. I don't think he is as awful as a lot of people, but "outstanding" is silly

-Jake Long may retire. If he comes back it will be as a guard but has to prove he's healthy

-Robinson is LT starting week 1

-Bradford back and Fisher expects him start week 1

-Wants to bring in another QB for competition, either through draft or FA

-Expects Bradford's contract to be tweaked

This will be a fun issue for me since I think people underestimate Bradford's worth. He'd do fine for himself if they cut him and he became a FA. I ultimately think he just plays out his current deal

-Rams traded a 4th and 6th for Barron. Fisher outright said you could take that trade as indicative for what they think of this draft.

Reading between the lines, maybe they trade up again for a QB they covet?

Why the hell is Fisher back? Honestly?

Crisco

Banned
Detroit's d-line is like any group that gets a ton of sacks and has a reputation as "run stoppers" against mostly garbage teams. Any well coached team that makes a concerted effort to run the ball will chew up yards up the middle. They just aren't used to anything but dudes trying to run to the edges. Dallas's o-line will demolish Detroit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh-Discount-Double-Check.gif

Wonder what TJ Lang has to say now? Dont hold nothing won't be nothing

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I think we overanalyze slow motion footage too much.. when you slow shit down and zoom in that Suh thing looks intentional as fuck.. but at full speed with a full shot of it all.. it looks like he put his foot back catching his balance... did he seem to give a little "oomph" as he pushed off.. yes.. nothing crazy though.. he wasn't even looking down and Rodgers leg moved after the first foot landed.

Good call on the NFL.. didn't deserve a suspension. He was blocked backwards... he's a big dude.. he was off balance.

People like to look at that one angle all close up which makes it look like he did it on purpose, but it's so far out of context.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
so..... only $70,000 to take out the Best QB in the Playoffs?

I think we'll be seeing more and more blatant accidents on the field.

"Take out?" He didn't hurt him at all.

Glad the suspension was lifted. It wasn't deserved. He got blocked into the guy. When the head referee of that very game says it was clear there was no intent, I don't see how the league could rule otherwise.

KevinRo

Suh is dirty and everyone knows it.

You don't continue walking backwards and lift up your foot when you feel something under your other foot. He wanted to put weight on whatever he was standing on. Pretty blatantly obvious imo.

cdyhybrid

According to NFLN, based on a newly updated rule for player safety issues, going 32 consecutive games without a safety violation expunges a players record.
Suh went exactly 32 games, so this was treated as a first offense.

:jnc

Dude started playing dirty the very game after his record got wiped. Amazing.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...erturned/f36921ea-5acb-4e9e-ac2b-235264438815

In his letter to Suh, Hanks noted, “You did not respond in the manner of someone who had lost his balance and accidentally contacted another player who was lying on the ground.

“This illegal contact, specifically the second step and push off with your left foot, clearly could have been avoided.”

Cottrell, obviously, did not agree with Hanks’ assessment. He wasn’t alone. A number of other individuals, including former NFL executive and current ESPN analyst Bill Polian, former vice president of officiating Mike Pereira and even referee Walt Anderson, who ran the officiating crew of the Lions-Packers game also sided with Suh

"Listen, Suh stepped on Aaron Rodgers and I firmly believe if it wasn't Suh and it was another no-name who didn't have history and it wasn't Aaron Rodgers, it wouldn't have led to any fine at all," Pereira said.

"Referee Walt Anderson, he sent a text into the league after the game saying he saw the whole thing and in real time he never read any intent. Slow motion makes it a little different, but to me, is this egregious for a suspension? No."

Honestly that ref saved Suh IMO

JNA

Banned
Lebron is really trolling Cleveland hard. I'm really starting to feel bad for the fans there.

Browns being...the Browns. Indians consistently giving them false hope, and Cavs about to deal with Lebron leaving them...twice.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think we overanalyze slow motion footage too much.. when you slow shit down and zoom in that Suh thing looks intentional as fuck.. but at full speed with a full shot of it all.. it looks like he put his foot back catching his balance... did he seem to give a little "oomph" as he pushed off.. yes.. nothing crazy though.. he wasn't even looking down and Rodgers leg moved after the first foot landed.

Good call on the NFL.. didn't deserve a suspension. He was blocked backwards... he's a big dude.. he was off balance.

People like to look at that one angle all close up which makes it look like he did it on purpose, but it's so far out of context.

Get out of here with your logic. You should be totally able to read his mind through a slow motion gif or replay when that sequence actually happened during a 2 second sequence where a Packers offensive lineman was holding him.

Suh is the worst person to ever walk this planet.

JABEE

The Eagles D-Line handled Dallas and their running game in both Matchups, but the Lions aren't on that level. Suh is no Cox if you know what I mean.

Every replay of it shown in the media was slow motion not one regular speed replay was shown.

Crisco

Banned

Uh, the slow motion has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's exactly like the Ray Rice video where we saw him casually step over his wife out of the elevator. Suh did not give a fuck that he had just "accidently" stepped on and potentially injured another human being. That's whats damning.

squicken

Why the hell is Fisher back? Honestly?

He makes a lot of money and this upcoming year is probably his last.

I don't love him as a coach, but his players never quit on him. They are just like a lot of teams in that they have QB issues. How good are they with a new coach and no QB?

Lebron is really trolling Cleveland hard. I'm really starting to feel bad for the fans there.

Browns being...the Browns. Indians consistently giving them false hope, and Cavs about to deal with Lebron leaving them...twice.

It'll only make that one championship that much sweeter...If I ever live to witness it.

Bread

Banned
Suh stepped on Rodgers twice and walked away without turning back once. He knew exactly what he did and didn't try to hide it.

rando14

We talking fines?

Make it so Commish!!

Suh stepped on Rodgers twice and walked away without turning back once. He knew exactly what he did and didn't try to hide it.

This thread is basically Lions fans celebrating Suhs appeal and desperately arguing the "stomp" was clean, and literally everyone else of the other 31 teams arguing it was dirty. Though I'm not sure what else I expected... :\

Furyous

I figured Kas would be in here talking cash shit. Good for him, Lions fans and the league for correcting this injustice. Besides, if the Lions without Suh fans everywhere throw conspiracy flags.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

It wouldn't have happened if:

1.) Rodgers wasn't on the ground to begin with

2.) TJ Lang was blantanly grabbing Suh by the jersey and pushed him on his downed QB.

Time to move on we have the Cowboys this Sunday. Suh and the boys are going Romo hunting.

Paches

It wouldn't have happened if:

1.) Rodgers wasn't on the ground to begin with

2.) TJ Lang was blantanly grabbing Suh by the jersey and pushed him on his downed QB.

Time to move on we have the Cowboys this Sunday. Suh and the boys are going Romo hunting.

Yeah, because Suh has never hit a QB that isn't down before.

schaubnut.gif

Oops.

Bitanator

The Eagles D-Line handled Dallas and their running game in both Matchups, but the Lions aren't on that level. Suh is no Cox if you know what I mean.

It was the continuing commitment to the run even though it was not working that helped Dallas in the second game. Dallas are going to pound anyone, and continue to do so, have to say that the Eagles D-Line are possibly the only ones to have figured out how to contain Murray, those beasts got his number every time they played, great players.

zychi

Banned
Suh is a dirty player, if you zoom out this particular time, it's not his fault he stepped on Rodgers. He did push off after it happened tho. He shouldn't be suspended for the playoffs, fine him a shit ton more money tho.

Bread

Banned
This thread is basically Lions fans celebrating Suhs appeal and desperately arguing the "stomp" was clean, and literally everyone else of the other 31 teams arguing it was dirty. Though I'm not sure what else I expected... :
Only people defending suh are lions fans....and furyous. Need we say more?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Suh IS a dirty player. That said, the one past incident everyone brings up that irritates me the most was his hit on Jay Cutler. It was legal and never came close to his head, yet everyone brings it up as a dirty play.

MechDX

I hope Kas is trolling because if ANYONE realistically defends Suhs actions like he is I have zero respect for that person

Greg

Top Bottom