• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

bionic77

I'm going to the Hawks/Cavs game tonight!

I will take a lighter in my pocket, just in case.
The firm gave me tickets to Sixers/Cavs.

Thinking of giving them away.

While a box and VIP parking a really nice, I am not sure I am wanting to drive there to see bums play bums!

Because Idzik worked out spectacularly for them, they just want to go back to that well. Leave us alone!
Problem wasn't that they got someone from Seattle. Its that they chose a cap manager for their GM.

Idzik joined the Seattle Seahawks organization on February 16, 2007. With Seattle, Idzik was in charge of overseeing player negotiations, the team's compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts.

He remained involved in some player personnel evaulations but you get an accountant for your GM, you're going to see the results you got with Idzik in charge.

Hey, at least the Jets have a shitload of cap space though!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
From starter to cut in 16 games. Fare thee well, Justin Brown.

6_3072154.jpg

Actually, I'm sure he'll be in camp next year.

Smart TVs are pointless, agreed. Their software is so slow and bloated compared to something like Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire Stick that I wonder how any of these manufacturers think it's okay.

4K TVs are weird, because there really isn't any real content to display on them. Plus just the fact that they're called 4K is dumb. 1080p isn't called 2K even though based on how 4K is named it should. Stupid manufacturers!

I won't disagree with Smart TVs being pointless since every damn device out there offers app service but I can say that Netflix works well on my tv.

My TV says "Ultra HD" on it and I've seen another brand or two label them that way as well. I think 4K is more commonly used because it's so short and quick to say. Most consumers don't even understand that 4K is a resolution and not a new form of technology. I thought about getting a 80" 1080p while I wait for large OLEDs to become affordable but I said screw it and got myself a 70" 4K instead. It has 4K up-scaling and I have noticed a difference when watching blu-rays. Ultra HD blu ray players come out holidays next year so I'll be set for a while with this tv and there are Ultra HD media streamers in the meantime too as well as Netflix 4K.

It has 4K up-scaling and I have noticed a difference when watching blu-rays. Ultra HD blu ray players come out holidays next year so I'll be set for a while with this tv and there are Ultra HD media streamers in the meantime too as well as Netflix 4K.
How close are you to the set out of curiosity?

harSon

Banned
Questions.

How much would a decent screen and projector set you back? Is it something that should be professionally installed or could me and 2 buddies set it up ourselves?

I need a new tv for the basement and I have been leaning towards a big cheap 70" LED because my kids and their friends will play down there and I don't want something too nice.

A projector was also an option but it seems like it will be a lot more expensive. And they seem so fragile.

Get a BenQ W1070: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2T6X0K/?tag=neogaf0e-20 I own one and purchased another for my parents, and I installed both of them. I got the mounts for cheap on Monoprice. Edit: I used this projector mount: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10911&cs_id=1091102&p_id=6528&seq=1&format=2

And what the fuck @ projector screens. Is there a reason they've shot up in price since around a year ago? I own this projector screen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PHLB88/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and it cost me $127.99 at the time.

RBH

Brah be proud the Hawks so far are pretty damn good. Hell didn't they spank the Cavs a few weeks back?
They did, but I can never be too sure when it comes to the Hawks. One more 1st round exit, and I'll jump off a bridge.

I thought you were in South America. No, you're just in the south. Poor bastard.

I'm back from South America!

I'm here in the good 'ole USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

bionic77

I won't disagree with Smart TVs being pointless since every damn device out there offers app service but I can say that Netflix works well on my tv.

My TV says "Ultra HD" on it and I've seen another brand or two label them that way as well. I think 4K is more commonly used because it's so short and quick to say. Most consumers don't even understand that 4K is a resolution and not a new form of technology. I thought about getting a 80" 1080p while I wait for large OLEDs to become affordable but I said screw it and got myself a 70" 4K instead. It has 4K up-scaling and I have noticed a difference when watching blu-rays. Ultra HD blu ray players come out holidays next year so I'll be set for a while with this tv and there are Ultra HD media streamers in the meantime too as well as Netflix 4K.
I don't really see a big difference between 4K and 1080P for most content. It is really only noticeable on a huge screen for a scene with a ton of detail. Honestly I won't give a shit until sports supports it. That seems very far away as we can't even support high fidelity 1080P via cable or satellite. Seems like a waste to me. This coming from a guy who hates watching dvds anymore after bluray.

OLED on the other hand blew me away. The blacks and the smoothness of everything in motion is something you have to see in person.

And what the fuck @ projector screens. Is there a reason they've shot up in price since around a year ago? I own this projector screen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PHLB88/?tag=neogaf0e-20

and it cost me $127.99 at the time.

That's a pull-down. Of course its cheaper. The ones I posted were Low voltage controlled screens. They use Da-Lites Tension Contour Electrol system and also offer an optional serial board for third party integration control.

harSon

Banned
That's a pull-down. Of course its cheaper. The ones I posted were Low voltage controlled screens. They use Da-Lites Tension Contour Electrol system and also offer an optional serial board for third party integration control.

I know why yours is more expensive than the one I posted. I'm talking about the price of projector screens in general seemingly skyrocketing. Compared to about a year ago when I purchased my projector, the screens seem to be anywhere from $60-100 more - including electronic screens.

cajunator

Banned
yay I have more Bundaberg ginger beer.
I asked my Aussie friend if he likes Arnott's and Bundaberg. apparently those are hugely popular brands in Sydney.

I know why yours is more expensive than the one I posted. I'm talking about the price of projector screens in general seemingly skyrocketing. Compared to about a year ago when I purchased my projector, the screens seem to be anywhere from $60-100 more - including electronic screens.
Ah gotcha. I haven't followed the pricing for screens for years so I'll take your word for it.:)

Fox318

Patrick is leaving Giant Bomb.

He was always my favorite. :'(

Not too surprised about it.

He was working out of video game devs office. His work really slowed down after Vinny moved to NY and the whole Max Temkin kerfuffle.

He seemed like the type of guy wants to write his own stuff and work through patreon at this point.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Problem wasn't that they got someone from Seattle. Its that they chose a cap manager for their GM.

He remained involved in some player personnel evaulations but you get an accountant for your GM, you're going to see the results you got with Idzik in charge.

Hey, at least the Jets have a shitload of cap space though!

Honestly he is the general manager, he is not doing any scouting or much player evaluation himself. Idzik was the guy ultimately in charge but what did he do to hold his scouts and player personnel people accountable?

MechDX

You just lost your job!RT“@mcfarlandrk8: Just cleaned Sumlin's pool. Saw him on the phone, hopefully with our new DC!”--Kevin Summlin Twitter

So good.

Honestly he is the general manager, he is not doing any scouting or much player evaluation himself.
I'm sorry, the guy has to have some level of football/personnel knowledge. Reese had years of scouting experience before he ended up the General Manager for the Giants. Ted Thompson was a scout. Kevin Colbert was a coach and scout.

Hiring an accountant will get you the exact results you saw with the Jets.

Idzik was the guy ultimately in charge but what did he do to hold his scouts and player personnel people accountable?
Apparently not enough since he's fired.;)

Vio-Lence

Banned
I have two. The Panny 50inch VT25 upstairs and the 55inch VT50 in my den.

LOVE plasma. Utterly despise LED/LCD. OLED will be my next TV unless there is another technology that comes down the pike or LED improves black level substantially.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EP5EPC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nope. Not much more.

I concur, I finally retired my 43" Pioneer Elite from my bedroom and upgrade to a Samsung 51F8500. Plasma was the best, but I can't wait for the OLED future. The LGs are real nice.

I don't know why some people by LEDs though. Picture is trash for the most part. Such inferior tech.

Top Bottom