• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Fox318

s3Yof4x.jpg

J3dmLrK.gif

RELAYER

Banned
Who cares if Suh is allowed to play? This is some phony outrage. Isn't this what everybody wants? A guy spears another player and drills him in the head and is penalized and everyone cries about how pussified football is becoming, how they should put flags on QBs and not let anyone hit them, now a guy steps on another QB's ankle and people are crying because he's not being suspended? I'm sure players in the 60s and 70s did a lot worse stuff than stepping on ankles and they are heralded for it.

Because it's Rodgers.
That play was front page news lol.
The entire nation grinded to a halt.
Obama to declare it a national day of mourning. "Aaron Rodgers' Ankle Day Never Forget"

zychi

Banned
I have played through all 4 campaigns in the MCC and am close to getting the achievement for 200 matches completed. To say that it is totally broken is 100% false.
you left out a key thing, i bet 99% of your "matches completed" are customs, non ranked.

I have played 4 matches total via matchmaking all ended up being 4v3, SWAT doesnt even load. Have had my halo 1 legendary save disappear twice, my halo 2 save missing. It also took them a month to let ANYONE get a refund. 343 literally held people back from getting their money back from Microsoft support.

But hey, keep supporting shit companies. Next you'll tell me you love net neutrality and Verizon!

When key halo streamers/competitive players cant play anything but customs, dont tell me you're some special snowflake that the game works for.

JABEE

In a letter to Suh explaining the decision to allow Suh to play on Sunday but fine him $70,000, Cottrell makes clear that he believes Suh knew he was standing on Rodgers’s leg.

“Although I accept that your feet may have been cold on a late December day in Green Bay, it is difficult for me to believe that you did not feel Aaron Rodgers’ leg under you as you stepped on him twice,” Cottrell wrote. “While you may not have consciously intended to cause injury to the opposing player that you stepped on, I nonetheless believe that you could have avoided—and had the responsibility to avoid—making such dangerous contact with your opponent’s leg—twice. Your conduct was a clear violation of the Playing Rules and was outside the normal course of the game of football. It must be emphasized that illegal acts that jeopardize the safety of other players, as was certainly the case here, will not be tolerated in this League

So why did Cottrell overturn the suspension? Because he was swayed not only by speaking directly to Suh but by hearing from Suh’s representatives and from the Lions, who felt that the entire franchise would be punished if one of its best players was barred from a playoff game.

“Several of your representatives, including personnel from the Lions, argued that the impact of your suspension would have a devastating effect on you, your teammates and coaches, as well as Lions fans,” Cottrell wrote.

Ultimately, Cottrell seems to believe that Suh is a good man who has made mistakes, not a dirty player who sets out to injure his opponents.

“I think you were sincere when you said that you respect the game, and have listened to the advice of your coaches, as well as that of Troy Vincent during his visit with you in the offseason,” Cottrell wrote. “Based on your representations, I am willing to give you the benefit of doubt that you did not intend to injure your opponent. However, the seriousness of this offense, the potential for injury, and my conclusion that it was avoidable, demands substantial discipline. For those reasons, I am reducing your one game suspension without pay to a fine in the amount of $70,000.”
What???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-doesnt-believe-suh-didnt-feel-rodgerss-leg/

Bowser

Coaching news:

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 11m11 minutes ago
Former Jets coach Rex Ryan has interviews scheduled with the Falcons and 49ers for their HC openings, according to a source. #nyj

Ugh, I hope Rex doesn't end up in Atlanta. Keep him out of the division please.

SF would be an interesting spot for him to land.

Got a game of halo 1 going in the MCC was pretty fun. Nice to play an older style of multiplayer if that makes sense
Edit: got in another game pretty quick! First time really trying MCC online

bionic77

Did the Lions just kind of try to pull the Artie Ziff defense?

1p12qV1.jpg

"Marge, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about my busy hands. Not so much for myself, but I am so respected, it would damage the town to hear it.

GOOD NIGHT!"
:lol

I am getting more laughs from the suspension being overturned.

Narag

Did the Lions just kind of try to pull the Artie Ziff defense?

1p12qV1.jpg

"Marge, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about my busy hands. Not so much for myself, but I am so respected, it would damage the town to hear it.

GOOD NIGHT!"

Amazing.

Fantomex

I think it's funny that my friends hop on the Halo 5 beta and they sell me on it by saying, " It's awesome FANTO, it works and you don't get disconnected or anything"

hehehehehe_duck.gif

Official list of thuggery for playoffs team via reddit.

F8CXOrU.png

Ha16AJR.png

drrspPI.png

xapYNmL.png

LrYfn8I.png

VybgqMS.png

fy9UqoI.png

iPjWay8.png

pCbAg74.png

Dxffki5.png

LeOs1I5.png

QKYEYfy.png

Ray Lewis would be proud.

Couldn't quote it for some reason then you couldn't enlarge it.... weird.

brentech

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
Former Jets HC Rex Ryan will interview with the Falcons next week, as @MMehtaNYDN reported.

JNA

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago
Former Jets HC Rex Ryan will interview with the Falcons next week, as @MMehtaNYDN reported.

That's a very good fit for Rex. He can fix the problems have on defense while inheriting a solid offense. Matt Ryan is also a god send compared to the other QBs he had to coach.

rando14

Go Lions. Good things don't happen to this team...perhaps winning this appeal is a sign that this is our year (to win one playoff game).

Weren't a majority of Lions fans condemning Suh and agreeing with the suspension just 24 hours ago, suddenly he wins his appeal and the Lions are "blessed" with good fortune? :|

zychi

Banned

JNA

Banned
Weren't a majority of Lions fans condemning Suh and agreeing with the suspension just 24 hours ago, suddenly he wins his appeal and the Lions are "blessed" with good fortune? :|

Then watch them change their tone when he leaves and signs elsewhere. Another 180! XD

Top Bottom