• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

So why did Cottrell overturn the suspension? Because he was swayed not only by speaking directly to Suh but by hearing from Suh’s representatives and from the Lions, who felt that the entire franchise would be punished if one of its best players was barred from a playoff game.

“Several of your representatives, including personnel from the Lions, argued that the impact of your suspension would have a devastating effect on you, your teammates and coaches, as well as Lions fans,” Cottrell wrote.

Isn't this the fucking point of a suspension

Weren't a majority of Lions fans condemning Suh and agreeing with the suspension just 24 hours ago, suddenly he wins his appeal and the Lions are "blessed" with good fortune? :|

I still think he should have been suspended. My point is just that typically shit like this never goes our way so it's rather weird. I went into today assuming there was a 95% chance of suspension.

Spinluck

i would take rex ryan in sf. not sure that would fix our offensive problems but i remember rex jocking kap big time and the jets trying to get kap from us

Rex in San Fran would be great.

Would be a massive upgrade for him talent wise. The defense would change a lot though. Not sure if you guys have the pieces in place as I'm not too familiar with SFs personnel/depth.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
49ers doesn't make sense at all, their defense would be better with Rex but it's not that bad to begin with. He's not real good with QBs.

Meanwhile Falcons have a very competent QB and some good pieces along with a ton of scrubs, the sort of pieces Rex could build a top defense out of in a few years.

Whether or not Suh would be allowed to participate in the game against Dallas is irrelevant since Suh was exactly that against GB on Sunday and surely will be once again this weekend.

zychi

Banned
3D Land is the 3DS game.

3D World is the Wii U game. You should give World another chance as the game is superb.

I moved onto NSMBWiiU then something else. I still own it, just haven't played it. I think it would be 100x better if I could get 3 other people to play with me

Dragon

Banned
Are there any WiiU deals out there? I need to get one for the new Xenoblade game that's going to come out next year (if Nintendo doesn't bring that to the states they can get fuckedddd).

zychi

Banned
It's still really fun on your own, same with Dankey Kong and NSMB Wii U.

What a great system for platformers.

Yeah, i love my Wii U. No complaints beside the pad's resolution. I loaded up my save and I actually got to World 5. I 100%'d everything up to that world, I think that's why I got burnt out on it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, i love my Wii U. No complaints beside the pad's resolution. I loaded up my save and I actually got to World 5. I 100%'d everything up to that world, I think that's why I got burnt out on it.

Game just gets better from there. It escalates quickly.

zychi

Banned
OT has a thread about theater sales being down.

What movie released in 2014 was your favorite NFLbruhs?

My vote goes to Interstellar, followed by Guardians of the Galaxy

Really what games are left on Wii U now for the future?

Legend of Zelda
Spatoon
Probably a Metroid
?????

I'm still kinda hyped for Xenoblade Chornicles X. I bought Hyrule Warriors on Christmas with an eShop card I got. Never played a DW game for more than five minutes but it's pretty fun.

Grand Budapest Hotel
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Interstellar
GotG
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Dying to see Birdman though.

Don't know what to expect from Star Fox, but Miyamoto's working on and that's usually a slam dunk...

X and Zelda are going to be incredible, whenever they come out.

Didn't see a ton of movies this year, so I'm biased. But: Interstellar

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wii U in 2015 is.

Yoshi's Wooly World
Kirby
Splatoon
Star Fox
Xenoblade
Zelda

Also Mario Maker and Devil's Third are on my Radar. It's way more than I thought I would buy last year.

zychi

Banned
I'm still kinda hyped for Xenoblade Chornicles X. I bought Hyrule Warriors on Christmas with an eShop card I got. Never played a DW game for more than five minutes but it's pretty fun.

Grand Budapest Hotel
Dying to see Birdman though.

Haven't seen those two. Birdman was fantastic.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yep, just like he did in Miami, just like he did in Cleveland before.

Planting the seeds of "we're a young team, dont expect championships" when he announced. Planting seeds of "we have a coach, who else?"

He just wanted Cle to forgive him so he could sell jerseys and merch in his hometown again. keeps it going once he gets espn to start the love trade rumors, and incompetance of his coach.

He's not from Miami, he could give a shit what his image is like there. He was born and raised in Ohio, and he likely wants to live there after without people hating his guts.

JNA

Banned
I swear though, if the next Star Fox game is anything like this....

14063_front.jpg

Then Nintendo is dead to me.

zychi

Banned
He's not from Miami, he could give a shit what his image is like there. He was born and raised in Ohio, and he likely wants to live there after without people hating his guts.

He fixed that already. Did crowd control before the season started, which you quoted me saying. He can blame management and the coaching this time, as long as he doesn't do another Decision, he'll be free to live in that shit state.

JABEE

Django. I forget when that came out. Other than that, I enjoyed the new Planet of the Apes movie, Godzilla, and GoTG.

Heck yes.

I still listen to the Tropical Freeze OST from time to time. David Wise basically tells other video game music composers to just give up.
The original DKC OSTs were good, don't get me wrong, but I never thought they were GOAT material like Yasunori Mitsuda's stuff (for example).

But Tropical Freeze... damn.

Can anyone convince me (a huge Colts fan) that we have even a 1% chance to make it to the Superbowl please?
You are doomed.

But you have a great young QB and you should watch anyway! It will make it more enjoyable when he finally breaks through and wins it all in a few years.

The original DKC OSTs were good, don't get me wrong, but I never thought they were GOAT material like Mitsuda's stuff (for example).

But Tropical Freeze... damn.
It is unfair to the rest of the music industry how damn good that soundtrack is. I try to avoid hyperbole but I mean what I say when I say that Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece. The only reason it doesn't get more attention is: 1) Wii U, 2) DKC instead of Metroid, 3) Tons of modern gamers discount platformers outright.

FTF

Top 10:

Gone Girl
Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Boyhood
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interstellar
The Raid 2
Chef
The Imitation Game

Still have a lot of movies I haven't seen though.

Also, go Pats!

bionic77

Maybe they should just remake star fox 64 for WiiU 😳😳
Kid Icarus was the first game I played that surpassed Star Fox 64.

Sucks there are so many types of games that don't get made anymore. We need need more Starfox, Time Crisis, puzzle fighter, etc type games.

It is unfair to the rest of the music industry how damn good that soundtrack is. I try to avoid hyperbole but I mean what I say when I say that Tropical Freeze is a masterpiece. The only reason it doesn't get more attention is: 1) Wii U, 2) DKC instead of Metroid, 3) Tons of modern gamers discount platformers outright.
I'm part of #3, since indie games have inundated the market for them (with no signs of ever stopping), but you'd think people would see "David Wise" and pay attention.

I'm not sure the last OST I'd consider in that same league. Maybe Xenoblade, but that's mostly on quantity (easy to cherry-pick the best songs when there are 100 to choose from). Something as focused and neigh-flawless as Tropical Freeze's OST? I'm struggling to think of a recent one.

Top Bottom