• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Crisco

Banned

I have a bad feeling about this man. Our offense is still really bad and against an actual good defense like the Cardinals? Things could get ugly. We had 2 pick 6s, another turnover that got us nearly to the goal line, and then two good drives. Yeah, we kinda fucked around for a quarter a half, but there were some ugly 3 outs when we were still trying. And make no mistake, the Falcons are shit.

bionic77

Wtf.

Red stop trying to get me to buy a U for DK!

I am trying to save money. We spent too much on the house and furniture for it!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wtf.

Paying retail for designer furniture was probably not the most frugal decision.

Half of one of your wife's dining room chairs is probably enough for a Wii U and all the games you want.

Supposed free-agent QB top targets for the Browns this offseason: Cousins and Sanchez

Kave and BG gonna both win the lottery at this rate to cancel out the bad luck

I'm part of #3, since indie games have inundated the market for them (with no signs of ever stopping), but you'd think people would see "David Wise" and pay attention.

I'm not sure the last OST I'd consider in that same league. Maybe Xenoblade, but that's mostly on quantity (easy to cherry-pick the best songs when there are 100 to choose from). Something as focused and neigh-flawless as Tropical Freeze's OST? I'm struggling to think of a recent one.
I can think of quite a few with great songs but none that approach the quantity/quality combo that TF nails. 3D World, SMT IV, Xenoblade, and Link Between Worlds are a few recent games with great soundtracks, but not that good.

Closest this year for me might be Shovel Knight.

Wtf.

If you still like 2D platforrmers it doesn't get much better!

bionic77

Paying retail for designer furniture was probably not the most frugal decision.

Half of one of your wife's dining room chairs is probably enough for a Wii U and all the games you want.
Can't have a nice house and fill it up with IKEA garbage!

Or at least that's what I have been instructed to believe by our consumerist overlords. May they love forever.

FTF

Wtf.

It was all to have something to keep your lovely WiiU in...which will then comfort and distract you after the Pats beat the Steelers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't have a nice house and fill it up with IKEA garbage!

Or at least that's what I have been instructed to believe by our consumerist overlords. May they love forever.

Estate sales bro. Go for the nicest suburbs around. Takes 2-3 years to get some really good stuff, but it's worth it.

JNA

Banned
The Raptors are keeping me on life support right now for sports.

NUhEa.gif

It was all to have something to keep your lovely WiiU in...which will then comfort and distract you after the Pats beat the Steelers.
The Pats aren't beating the Steelers.

The Broncos are beating the Steelers. It's like paper-rock-scissors.

Steelers > Pats
Broncos > Steelers
Pats > Broncos

Unfortunately this year's playoff seeding was decided by the forces of evil.

bionic77

Thanks for the advice.

I feel obligated to give you a gift for it.

Do you like your bag of dicks any particular way?

Fantomex

Wtf.

How can you not have a wii u bionic? You easily spend $250 in a month just eating out. Wait for the refurbished to flood nintendo again, its the best deal. Best next gen games are on Wii-U:

• Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Windwaker HD*
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  • Smash Bros
  • Captain Toad

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As a pats fan I don't really think any of the teams in the AFC are that scary, but the Steelers might be the scariest of them all.

Baltimore should scare me, but they have no secondary at all. Steelers only play really well against good teams but I don't think they match up that well against the Pats. Indy is a joke, Peyton looks done for the year, Bengals don't scare me so of course they'll win somehow.

bionic77

The Pats aren't beating the Steelers.

The Broncos are beating the Steelers. It's like paper-rock-scissors.

Steelers > Pats
Broncos > Steelers
Pats > Broncos

Unfortunately this year's playoff seeding was decided by the forces of evil.
I agree 100%.

Our only hope is a healthy Bell and a gimped over the hell PeyPey.

How can you not have a wii u bionic? You easily spend $250 in a month just eating out. Wait for the refurbished to flood nintendo again, its the best deal. Best next gen games are on Wii-U:

• Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Windwaker HD*
  • Smash Bros
  • Captain Toad
I honestly don't have time for games anymore. Otherwise I would have one.

FTF

Thanks for the advice.

I feel obligated to give you a gift for it.

Do you like your bag of dicks any particular way?

In a bag.

And hey, saying the Pats are going to beat the Steelers means they'll first have beaten the Ravens and Broncos. That's got to count for something. And you'd sign up for that if you could.

Bowser

I have a bad feeling about this man. Our offense is still really bad and against an actual good defense like the Cardinals? Things could get ugly. We had 2 pick 6s, another turnover that got us nearly to the goal line, and then two good drives. Yeah, we kinda fucked around for a quarter a half, but there were some ugly 3 outs when we were still trying. And make no mistake, the Falcons are shit.

At the end of the day, if the Panthers can't beat Ryan Lindley (and an Arizona rush defense that has recently been hemorrhaging yards) in Carolina, we deserve to go home.

Darkest just finished Ians FA breakdown. Agree with him on a lot of stuff, not sure about Gore though or any of the WR he would like to pick up. Maybe Crabtree but I feel he's done already. He's pretty spot on with everything else. I hope we can finish plugging up the Oline through FA and maybe get safety/linebacker/D-tackle in the draft which are our biggest needs outside of the Oline.

• Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Windwaker HD*
  • Smash Bros
  • Captain Toad

Can't wait to play Tropical Freeze but I gotta beat DKC Returns first. Playing that in HD via Dolphin is sexy tho

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In a bag.

And hey, saying the Pats are going to beat the Steelers means they'll first have beaten the Ravens and Broncos. That's got to count for something. And you'd sign up for that if you could.

Honestly? They have a great shot of beating the Ravens at home and a real decent shot of beating the Broncos on the road.

Plus the Football gods are evil and want Pats/Steelers versus Cowboys/Packers in the superbowl.

I'm not really plussed about the Panthers. Like Rivera said we're playing with house money at this point. We have no business being in this position and absolutely no expectations of making a deep run. We win a game or two? Fantastic. We crash out against the Cardinals? Whatever, that's just holding to chalk. A lot less stressed this year than I was about the team last year.

That being said, I actually have a sneaky good feeling about Saturday. I've seen way too many shit teams catch fire at just the right time and start racking up postseason wins to completely dispel the possibility.

cdyhybrid

Star Fox doesn't really need a plot any deeper than "We have to stop Andross!"

Witty dialogue between the Star Fox team is much more important.

bionic77

In a bag.

I would rather the Ravens win the next 10 Superbowls and name my next child after Flaco than see the Pats beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not really plussed about the Panthers. Like Rivera said we're playing with house money at this point. We have no business being in this position and absolutely no expectations of making a deep run. We win a game or two? Fantastic. We crash out against the Cardinals? Whatever, that's just holding to chalk. A lot less stressed this year than I was about the team last year.

That being said, I actually have a sneaky good feeling about Saturday. I've seen way too many shit teams catch fire at just the right time and start racking up postseason wins to completely dispel the possibility.

As much crap as I give the two Giants teams that won the SB, the Baltimore run was closest to what the Panthers could do. You'd have to get incredibly lucky and play up to last year to do it, but no one is going to be mad if a sub .500 team goes the distance.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm no wine connoisseur but I know what I like.

Sitting here watching Raps/Blazers drinking some shiraz.

Yellow Tail.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The 2002 game might be my favorite moment as a football fan. Seeing Bledsoe come out one last time was magical. I was scared shitless over that particular Steelers team. They were brutal on defense.

Top Bottom