• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Fox318

5120x2880 or bust.

10320x1440 is where its at

53Yok3f.png

bionic77

Numb feet doesn't justify how you cant clearly tell your elevation is changing when stepping on someone.

Only thing numb during that incident was his brain.
He just got off because they said you couldn't judge his intent.

He can't admit that he is a scumbag who was trying to hurt another player after the whistle after he just won his appeal.

I mean anyone with a brain can tell that it was intentional. That lie was probably about as good as it can get for what he had to work with.

I might just make the jump to a 4k monitor this year sometime. Just gotta see where my tax money is at when it comes in.

Blows my mind that Suh won that appeal. You have to have the brain of a dementia-ridden goldfish to believe his actions were unintentional.

He won the appeal because it was 32 games since his last incident under the new policy so his record was clean.

bionic77

10320x1440 is where its at

53Yok3f.png
I was thinking about getting a 2-3 PC monitor setup, but in the end I would rather have one giant ass super high resolution monitor.

Yes there are some things you can't do with only one monitor, but it has enough space and res for me to keep multiple windows open and see everything with the added benefit that I don't have to move my head as much between monitors.

Sephzilla

He can't admit that he is a scumbag who was trying to hurt another player after the whistle after he just won his appeal.

I mean anyone with a brain can tell that it was intentional. That lie was probably about as good as it can get for what he had to work with.

appeals should be like reversing a play on the field. if there's not enough evidence to overrule the initial ruling, it should stand. i don't think there's enough evidence to rule that it wasn't intentional.

Bowser

I saw y'all talking about TVs yesterday in here...forgive me for not looking back, but what TV would you guys recommend for someone looking to upgrade in the next few months? I'm want to stay in the 50in range and looking to make the leap to 1080p (and maybe 3D?). I would like to keep my budget around $500-600, but only because I'm cheap. Willing to go higher if it's truly worth it (probably cap at $750).

Note that my current TV is the Panasonic Viera X1 50in 720p Plasma (2009). Interestingly enough, I bought this off my roommate 3 years ago when I was moving out for $250 lol. Probably why I'm being so cheap - don't mind just sticking with this one for a little longer either.

MechDX

His feet were numb! If the Packers would enter the 21st century and a put a dome on t hat JV field this wouldn't happen. No one is concerned for Suh and the possibility of frost bite on his feet that could seriously shorten his career. If anything Suh and the Lions should sue the Packers for numerous OSHA violations.

#RestoreTheRoar

Sephzilla

His feet were numb! If the Packers would enter the 21st century and a put a dome on t hat JV field this wouldn't happen. No one is concerned for Suh and the possibility of frost bite on his feet that could seriously shorten his career. If anything Suh and the Lions should sue the Packers for numerous OSHA violations.

#RestoreTheRoar

domes?

on a football field?

yuck.

You wonder why your team needs goofy slogans like restore the roar - your team is S-A-W-F-T

Wasn't it like 30 degrees or something like that during the game?

I don't remember the exact temp but it's been a warm winter by wisconsin standards. it was nowhere near "my feet are so cold they are numb" levels

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

#RestoreTheRoar

:jnc

I think you have to be even dumber than that to believe his story.

Dumber than Gata?

bionic77

I saw y'all talking about TVs yesterday in here...forgive me for not looking back, but what TV would you guys recommend for someone looking to upgrade in the next few months? I'm want to stay in the 50in range and looking to make the leap to 1080p (and maybe 3D?). I would like to keep my budget around $500-600, but only because I'm cheap. Willing to go higher if it's truly worth it (probably cap at $750).

Note that my current TV is the Panasonic Viera X1 50in 720p Plasma (2009). Interestingly enough, I bought this off my roommate 3 years ago when I was moving out for $250 lol. Probably why I'm being so cheap - don't mind just sticking with this one for a little longer either.
If your room doesn't have a ton of light get the best plasma you can afford for your budget. Look only for 1080P. Most of the best sets have 3D so you can't really get away from that.

If your room has a lot of light in the daytime get the best LED set you can afford and start saving for OLED.

Read this site for some examples:

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-500-tv/

Fox318

I was thinking about getting a 2-3 PC monitor setup, but in the end I would rather have one giant ass super high resolution monitor.

Yes there are some things you can't do with only one monitor, but it has enough space and res for me to keep multiple windows open and see everything with the added benefit that I don't have to move my head as much between monitors.

You are never supposed to stop adding monitors

Eventually your setup must look like this

6JhHc6M.jpg

or this

Code:
[IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48948/1648028-multidesk.jpg[/IMG]

Big Nose going in there and winning a game in -600 degree weather while wearing no sleeves completely shits on Kas Suh's argument, but OK.

Everything we've heard about this suspension reversal has been clownshoes. First it was the NFL didn't want to hurt the Lions too bad, now it's Kas, I mean Suh, couldn't feel his feet in barely freezing weather.

bionic77

Smells like old people in here
Actually there are some youngs in here.

The smell that you are unfamiliar with is soap.

You are never supposed to stop adding monitors

Eventually your setup must look like this

6JhHc6M.jpg

or this

Code:
[IMG]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/4/48948/1648028-multidesk.jpg[/IMG]
While that looks amazing, I don't think it is practical. At least not for me.

Maybe younger people will be able to successfully process 15 monitors on their desk at the same time without going blind or crazy.

Fox318

Actually there are some youngs in here.

The smell that you are unfamiliar with is soap.

While that looks amazing, I don't think it is practical. At least not for me.

Maybe younger people will be able to successfully process 15 monitors on their desk at the same time without going blind or crazy.

You could at least put this in your mancave

G4qNrBj.png

Its disgusting

Caja 117

I want some help here, Im looking at the NFL shop, and there are two types of Jerseys :Games and Elite, what is the difference between them? as the elites are 200+ dollars.

MechDX

I want some help here, Im looking at the NFL shop, and there are two types of Jerseys :Games and Elite, what is the difference between them? as the elites are 200+ dollars.

Game jerseys are for every player. Elites are only for truly great players like Suh and Stafford.

Zeke

Can't believe suh won his appeal. I hope he doesn't try any of his dirty shit Sunday. I'm worried he'll try and reinjure rooms back. I fully support Dallas players throwing fists if he purposely hurts or tries to hurt a player.

bionic77

Can't believe suh won his appeal. I hope he doesn't try any of his dirty shit Sunday. I'm worried he'll try and reinjure rooms back. I fully support Dallas players throwing fists if he purposely hurts or tries to hurt a player.
If?

:lol If he gets a shot he is definitely going straight for Romos back. Might even do it after a whistle seeing as how dumb he is.

And if he does that it is going to start a bench clearing brawl in which everyone will be rooting for him to get seriously fucked up. Hell Troy Aikman and Joe Buck might run down on the field to help out if he tries that.

brentech

He didn't win the appeal outright. They just couldn't suspend him the game. Still fined for that action.

bionic77

Best Buy still has these in stock: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...8877693027&skuId=8490071&st=8490071&cp=1&lp=1

Wirecutter's pick for best plasma at 44% off - must be clearing stock. Thinking of just biting the bullet...
Make sure your room doesn't have a lot of light.

Otherwise gaming and sports look a lot better in plasma. The picture is just a lot smoother and for me at least it is pretty noticeable. In my new house there is no place that doesn't have a ton of light. Even the basement has a walkout and the curtains they left don't fully cover the doors.

In my old house I rocked a Panny plasma downstairs and I loved it. It was not even their top of the line but the picture was so smooth in motion.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dustin Diamond got arrested for a bar fight in Wisconsin and is apparently a very angry Packers fan.

Is there any chance that ez is DD?

I didn't realize it when I wrote that but according to wirecutter plasma is dead.

Too much of a hipster and not enough killing deer. Plus I think ez has way more money than DD (I hear he's Florida poor now)

He didn't win the appeal outright. They just couldn't suspend him the game. Still fined for that action.

Yeah it's important to remember that he was still found guilty of being dirty. The league doesn't consider it an "accident" or whatever.

Bowser

Make sure your room doesn't have a lot of light.

Otherwise gaming and sports look a lot better in plasma. The picture is just a lot smoother and for me at least it is pretty noticeable. In my new house there is no place that doesn't have a ton of light. Even the basement has a walkout and the curtains they left don't fully cover the doors.

In my old house I rocked a Panny plasma downstairs and I loved it. It was not even their top of the line but the picture was so smooth in motion.

I live in a small NYC apartment - my living room CAN have a lot of light (right on 8th Ave with windows facing East so it gets flooded, especially in the morning/early afternoon), but drawing the blinds cuts a lot of the light down.

But I do plan on moving to a new apartment in 6 months (roommate's off to business school, so no need for a 2br apartment anymore), so I may just hold off until then to see what my new situation is like.

Hunter S.

If the Packers face the Cowboy this playoffs. Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen would murder each other with their polar opposite one sided commentary.

Top Bottom