• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

33 in May. =/

August here

right-here-bro.gif

bionic77

I live in a small NYC apartment - my living room CAN have a lot of light (right on 8th Ave with windows facing East so it gets flooded, especially in the morning/early afternoon), but drawing the blinds cuts a lot of the light down.

But I do plan on moving to a new apartment in 6 months (roommate's off to business school, so no need for a 2br apartment anymore), so I may just hold off until then to see what my new situation is like.
In my opinion most plasmas can't blast enough light in the daytime so if the room is not relatively dark you may want to wait or just be careful and get an LED.

They are still pretty good and much better in motion than what they were years ago (aim for 240hz if you can, but might be out of your budget).

Too much of a hipster and not enough killing deer. Plus I think ez has way more money than DD (I hear he's Florida poor now)

Yeah it's important to remember that he was still found guilty of being dirty. The league doesn't consider it an "accident" or whatever.
Poor Screech. :(

Zeke

His feet were numb! If the Packers would enter the 21st century and a put a dome on t hat JV field this wouldn't happen. No one is concerned for Suh and the possibility of frost bite on his feet that could seriously shorten his career. If anything Suh and the Lions should sue the Packers for numerous OSHA violations.

#RestoreTheRoar
Don't they have heated coils under the turf to keep it from completely freezing? I fully support open air stadiums, football was meant to be played in the elements. If Dallas wins and has to meet the packers its gonna be ice bowl II electric boogaloo.

Bowser

In my opinion most plasmas can't blast enough light in the daytime so if the room is not relatively dark you may want to wait or just be careful and get an LED.

They are still pretty good and much better in motion than what they were years ago (aim for 240hz if you can, but might be out of your budget).

Honestly I could afford a top of the line TV - I'm just being a cheap ass because that's how I was raised lol. Meh, maybe I should just bite the bullet if it's what I'll be watching for the next 3-5 years. Doesn't work out to all that much on a per year basis.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
Roman Harper named NFC defensive player of the week http://wp.me/p14QSB-9FJP

ErrZfku.gif

MRSA

Banned
GOOD MORNING AND GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

I got an initial approval for my conceal carry permit pending my LiveScan!

Pew, pew, pew.

MechDX

Don't they have heated coils under the turf to keep it from completely freezing? I fully support open air stadiums, football was meant to be played in the elements. If Dallas wins and has to meet the packers its gonna be ice bowl II electric boogaloo.

I have it on good info the Packers turned off the specific heating coils where ever the Lions defense was standing. Dirty Sconi bastards are just jealous of our rise to power in the NFCN!

#RoarRestored

brentech

I'm on the 3 monitor train

B3D2GX7CIAAXLxB.jpg:large

took this back when I added the 3rd a couple months back. All 3 hooked to PC, but left to a PS4, right to directv genie box

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm on the 3 monitor train

B3D2GX7CIAAXLxB.jpg:large

took this back when I added the 3rd a couple months back. All 3 hooked to PC, but left to a PS4, right to directv genie box

I always wonder about setups like these. Do you work at home? Do you spend all of your freetime at your command center? How awesome is your computer chair if this is your primary setup?

Zeke

See how the Packers had running success against the Lions: Run right at Suh.

B6MOMP1CIAACG7J.jpg
I'll be forwarding this to Garrett shortly. Packers have a really good line and their rookie center did great that game. Gives me hope our line can perform similarly and control the game. I also hope Fredrick can stonewall suh. Fredbeard deserves serious ROY consideration but I'm pretty Damn sure ODB wins it hands down.

brentech

I always wonder about setups like these. Do you work at home? Do you spend all of your freetime at your command center? How awesome is your computer chair if this is your primary setup?
I have ulcerative colitis so working away from home is mostly not done now. I can't pretend I do a lot of work anymore. I get small projects of all types here and there just for added income.

I have a ps4 in my living room as well. But I mostly just play the madden league on it. The one in my office I play almost everything else on. between that and pc games like DOTA on the middle monitor, yea...a lot of time spent there. Office chair is new, but way shittier than I would have liked. Christmas gift and all

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Finally , moved to the new house.

Congrats dude, wish you a prosperous 2015, get another property or two in 2015.

Hilarious to see all the Suh salt and butthurt. "Suh is the worst human being ever and I hope he gets hurt." Hes a talented, disciplined and physically gifted defensive lineman that come around one every 8 years or so. I want him to have a mean streak. Every single person bitching about his justified appeal ruling would take them on they're team in an instant.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have ulcerative colitis so working away from home is mostly not done now. I can't pretend I do a lot of work anymore. I get small projects of all types here and there just for added income.

I have a ps4 in my living room as well. But I mostly just play the madden league on it. The one in my office I play almost everything else on. between that and pc games like DOTA on the middle monitor, yea...a lot of time spent there. Office chair is new, but way shittier than I would have liked. Christmas gift and all

Sorry to hear about that, sounds like a bad deal.

I'm also throwing stones in glass houses because I spend hours upon hours in front of my poor person single monitor setup (at least it's a 27" screen!). I still have my old 24" monitor that's practically new and I thought about hooking it up for random GAF browsing since so many PC games hate alt tabbing.

I like keeping the PS4 separate though since it forces me off the computer. Those weird days off where you sit down at the computer in the morning and then get up to go back to bed are really weird and surreal. I don't miss them from my hardcore WoW playing days!

Shut the fuck up MRSA.

Suh like thuggery

Football fans should be rooting for the Cowboys.

Two best QBs in the conference, playing through pain, meeting at Lambeau, the incoming team undefeated on the road?

Or lions at Seattle and car/Arizona at GB?

Eww

Go cowboys

Congrats dude, wish you a prosperous 2015, get another property or two in 2015.

Hilarious to see all the Suh salt and butthurt. "Suh is the worst human being ever and I hope he gets hurt." Hes a talented, disciplined and physically gifted defensive lineman that come around one every 8 years or so. I want him to have a mean streak. Every single person bitching about his justified appeal ruling would take them on they're team in an instant.

Aaron-Rodgers-Smile-and-Laugh.gif

Two best QBs in the conference, playing through pain, meeting at Lambeau, the incoming team undefeated on the road?

Eww

Go cowboys

I like Romo so I will be rooting for them anyway.

Please don't hurt me

FTF

Eww

Go cowboys

Yup, another reason for go Cowboys.

Spinluck

If Romo is in the conversation why not Ben?

I thought Ben was easily a top 3 qb this season.

Monday night after work I was clearing the DVR and noticed I still had the Colts vs Steelers game on there. I don't rewatch games often, but I kind of wanted to relive how bad we were before the playoffs.

Ben was incredible that game, honestly I had to fast forward through some of it because it's hard stomach a bathroom stall beat down of that magnitude. QB wise he did the best I can remember any QB doing against us in years. I guess it doesn't mean much since we suck. But we did play PeyPey and Tammy this year.

For what it's worth, that game was secretly one of Luck's best games outside of the taint and tripping for the safety. He somehow kept us in that game for a small window of time. And was getting killed by hits. It also made me realize that Bradshaw was one of the best players on the team. The offense started to slowly die without him, dude gave it his all every down ;__;.

bionic77

Monday night after work I was clearing the DVR and noticed I still had the Colts vs Steelers game on there. I don't rewatch games often, but I kind of wanted to relive how bad we were before the playoffs.

Ben was incredible that game, honestly I had to fast forward through some of it because it's hard stomach a bathroom stall beat down of that magnitude. QB wise he did the best I can remember any QB doing against us in years. I guess it doesn't mean much since we suck. But we did play PeyPey and Tammy this year.

For what it's worth, that game was secretly one of Luck's best games outside of the taint and tripping for the safety. He somehow kept us in that game for a small window of time. And was getting killed by hits. It also made me realize that Bradshaw was one of the best players on the team. The offense started to slowly die without him, dude gave it his all every down ;__;.
I agree that Luck was incredible in that game.

Your defense was so bad in that game. It took an incredible game from Luck just to keep you in it.

That kind of pressure is not good for a young qb and I fear it will leave him with some bad habits.

They need to get him help quickly. And not the TRich variety. Actually NFL players and a decent defense so he doesn't feel like he has to drop 4 TDs a game.

ryseing

Eww

Go cowboys

I agree with all of this.

Also because I'd much rather go to Seattle than GB.

But still. Cowboys. Blah.

Zeke

Eww

Go cowboys
Amen, my dream would be fighting it out with the packers for nfc crown. Then moving to either the Steelers or pats sb. Steelers would be my first choice. Would be like old times again. Pats would be fun just of the possibility of them being 0-3 against the nfc east in the sb.

MRSA

Banned
I couldn't trust you to shoot baddies in Destiny, you think I want you out there with a concealed weapon???!!!

You say that now but when a taco and drug fueled kas comes charging at you, you'd want me around.

Although you are a Pats fan.......

Dead to me.

Do you have any idea what Dallas winning a Super Bowl would do to this thread?

Dallas vs New England super bowl would be the worst thing ever. Bring on the Seattle dynasty instead!

I'm well aware, that's part of the reason. Romo gets so much hate, I want to see the internet/media melt downs if he wins.

Bionic! I listened to the BS Report, and no wonder you like it, Simmons spent 20 minutes shitting on the Ravens and saying how confident he was that the Steelers would win. Too confident, if you ask me, bad juju.

Obviously, you never bet on road Flacco. Our secondary is abyssmal (although it's been slighly better over the last few weeks
Against Bortles, Keenum, and Shaw
), and Flacco has been exactly the guy I believe him to be over the last few weeks. I will point out that Haloti Ngata is back and rested, and Le'veon Bell may not play, and if he does, likely to be less than 100%. Ravens have beaten the Steelers once this year, ended up 8th in total defense, and we run out a bunch of murderous, bloodthirsty motherfucking bangers, who are going to go out there and look to maim, hurt and injure a team that they really don't like. That might be enough.

And, oh yeah, there's always a chance for:

57633139.jpg

bionic77

Bionic! I listened to the BS Report, and no wonder you like it, Simmons spent 20 minutes shitting on the Ravens and saying how confident he was that the Steelers would win. Too confident, if you ask me, bad juju.

Obviously, you never bet on road Flacco. Our secondary is abyssmal (although it's been slighly better over the last few weeks
Against Bortles, Keenum, and Shaw
), and Flacco has been exactly the guy I believe him to be over the last few weeks. I will point out that Haloti Ngata is back and rested, and Le'veon Bell may not play, and if he does, likely to be less than 100%. Ravens have beaten the Steelers once this year, ended up 8th in total defense, and we run out a bunch of murderous, bloodthirsty motherfucking bangers, who are going to go out there and look to maim, hurt and injure a team that they really don't like. That might be enough.

And, oh yeah, there's always a chance for:

57633139.jpg
Both of our team are frauds in a division that is composed of 6 fraudulent playoff teams.

No one other than Seattle should be feel confident about their team.

Yes I have thought of the possibility of playoff Flacco appearing. Though suprisingly he never showed up against us in the playoffs (at least not yet). Hopefully we bench Ike and Troy and the young guys give Flacco the dump offs to whatever wife beater the Ravens have in the backfield and don't fall for the PI or fuck it I am going deep play. you just have to keep your shit together and play the ball you assholes!

I am not so worried about Bell for this week. He is a huge part of our offense but if he is not 100% rest him this week and pray for gimp Manning to be there in Denver. The Ravens secondary is so bad that we still have a shot to score some points.

As always the battle is going to be upfront against the gangbangers and aliens the Ravens have and which Flacco shows up.

I hope the one that has showed up the last 2 times we have played in Pittsburgh shows up.

Top Bottom