• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

eznark

Banned
He basically earns three free years with the Jets while getting paid for four yeas of work. Bills have no first, no quarterback, and are in Buffalo.

Why would you opt out of your contract when your team seems on the precipice of being able to at least contend for a wild-card spot, especially when the playoff field is almost undoubtedly going to be larger next year?

Because he can't coach the Jets and the Bills, but he can get paid by both!

Bucket, I think you should move to L.A. Lots of marketing and design jobs, and the single life is amazing there. I'm an old now, but I enjoyed my youth there at Sony and downtown.
I'd love to. I just need to find a job and lose 10 pounds or else I'll be skinny fat by LA standards.

Fox318

OMG he might just move a few hours south:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 37s38 seconds ago
New York Jets become favorites to land former Bills HC Doug Marrone, who is from the Bronx.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bowser

I don't think Marrone's that great of a coach IMO. The reason that team any good over the past few years is their defense, and I attribute that more to both Pettine and Schwartz than Marrone, who's supposed to be an offensive guru, but didn't do much with the offense in his two seasons with the Bills.

Who do you want?
Theres a man just itching to get his first crack at being a HC.

ryan3.jpg

Milchjon

Happy New Year and greetings from 2015!

Someone tell Dutch to stop sending me Shirtless pics, he's gonna catch a terrible cold.

I don't think Marrone's that great of a coach IMO. The reason that team any good over the past few years is their defense, and I attribute that more to both Pettine and Schwartz than Marrone, who's supposed to be an offensive guru, but didn't do much with the offense in his two seasons with the Bills.

He didn't have Geno in those two seasons.

Yup, the guy who was supposed to bring some fast paced no huddle offense and was an oline coach led an offensive line that regressed year after year and had some horrid play calling.

But have fun Jets fans if Marrone is your new HC. Hope you enjoy punting from your opponent's 40 yard line on 4th and inches.

Kusagari

I legitimately feel bad for Bills fans.

First winning season in a decade and then Orton retires and Marrone gets the hell out dodge.

Now they're stuck with EJ Manuel and a new coach.

LJ11

It's the talent, D has some good players.

Fuck Marrone, he coaches like a coward. Good fucking riddance to this fucking scumbag. Feel bad for the players who laid it on the line for this piece of shit.

Bowser

Fuck Marrone, he coaches like a coward. Good fucking riddance to this fucking scumbag. Feel bad for the players who laid it on the line for this piece of shit.

Sounds like Frank Reich (Chargers OC) is a name that's popping up early for the Bills. Thoughts?

eznark

Banned

lol being mad at him. Be mad at your retarded owner for the contract. You put that clause in you have two options, fire him or extend him. Instead Pegula rolled the dice and lost.

Fox318

Are you submitting your resume to coach?

Tom Penny

That's how you treat a coach with it's first winning record in forever and coached the Bills to their first win at Gillette.

It wasn’t known that Marrone, if he chose to leave, would walk away with his full salary for 2015. According to ESPN, that’s precisely the term he negotiated when he became the coach two years ago. Marrone gets $4 million for 2015, with no offset if he takes another job in football for next season.

lol i would do the samething. that is $4 mil free and you can go get a job elsewhere and get paid by them too. Get paid doug!

RBH

I used to be a Keurig guy.

But free coffee in the physician lounge at the hospital........no complaints from me.

Bowser

Interesting tweets regarding the Bills and Marrone:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m6 minutes ago
Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

Dan Hanzus ‏@DanHanzus 3m3 minutes ago
Fire. RT @BuckyBrooks: Marrone abandons team, pockets $4M.. I'm sure he will stand in front of "new" team + preach sacrifice & togetherness

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 3m3 minutes ago
Marrone’s clause was stipulated only if there was an ownership change… he had real leverage with offers from other teams in 2013.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 3m3 minutes ago
The Bill Polian/Bills rumblings have persisted. And if he lands there, Tom Gamble and Frank Reich would make a ton of sense joining him.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
During the season, @ByTimGraham suggested on PFT Live that Terry and Kim Pegula possibly would make a run at Bill Cowher.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 3m3 minutes ago
Put it this way: If you're one of the many head coaches the Jets reportedly 'plan to interview,' you might wanna wait to press that shirt...

Seems like Marrone to Jets is destined.

eznark

Banned
Guess Pegula wasn't the owner, still it's up to him to keep Marrone if he wanted him. That is a great option for a coach though!

lol being mad at him. Be mad at your retarded owner for the contract. You put that clause in you have two options, fire him or extend him. Instead Pegula rolled the dice and lost.
That's more on Ralph Wilson, right? Pegula only got the team this year and Marrone was already in that contract.

Top Bottom