• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

squicken

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham
Well-placed source: Polian's decision on Bills shifted in past day. Major factor in change of heart was talking to Marrone, who ripped org.

Marrone and Whaley need a steel cage grudge match!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5m5 minutes ago

It's now undeniable that Bills ownership was negotiating with Bill Polian and current CEO Russ Brandon had no idea it was happening.

Yeah. Should've sold to Bon Jovi!

Crisco

Banned
11014DIV.png

Why not?

Jesus lord. the Panthers are up to 6.5 point favorites? Have any of these people watched our games against good teams? We'd be lucky to score 6 points.

Bowser

PFT reports it was about the money:

Not mentioned by Mortensen is the reality that, per a league source, Polian ultimately decided he wanted more money than Pegula was willing to pay. It’s also possible that Polian leveraged the interest into a sweetened deal with ESPN, to remain there “for 2015 and beyond.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/01/polians-return-to-bills-breaks-down-over-money/

I'm more inclined to believe that being the deciding factor (I'm sure Marrone's assessment didn't help matters). Only reason for a guy who's been out of the game for years to leave a cushy ESPN gig for the rigors of trying to put together an NFL winner is cold hard cash.

So far this bowl season, we've learned that the SEC and B1G aren't all that hot.

Maybe TCU and Baylor should've been in the CFB playoffs.

Jesus lord. the Panthers are up to 6.5 point favorites? Have any of these people watched our games against good teams? We'd be lucky to score 6 points.

To be absolutely fair, the Cardinals haven't looked all that hot with Lindley at QB.

You know shit's bad when you're praying for Drew Stanton to be healthy.

Winston was shit this year, no denying that. He mailed it the fuck in, pathetic.
He is just not smart. Would not trust him to run the franchise.

I hope the Bears draft him

I'm bitter about Wisconsin RBs breaking Barry Sanders '88 season records.

Watt sighting!!
I kinda feel the same way about Jordy Nelson breaking Robert Brooks' yardage record last week.

But I'm slowly learning to accept the passage of time... and just in time, since I'm beginning to see dubious signs from my hairline...

Bowser

To be absolutely fair, the Cardinals haven't looked all that hot with Lindley at QB.

Speaking of:

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 7m7 minutes ago
Arians confirms: QB Drew Stanton out for Panthers game. Ryan Lindley starts.

JNA

Banned
Holy shit at my posts in the drunk thread.

No knolls hon hold Ji just thought of theses Hands iv dh, glare I'm going to a rttake it to the mountain pass.
I think I am over here, Suzakusan up in midriff I have found the correct patterns BM like an evening pikachu more pika pc If will. Be a master piece. In the garden of hope and despair I writeto you all, a wonderful New Years. After math hoas been a total cucos lets just.beack I'm yp from there
Fifth eating wtuff would not Kwame.toh using to do against me in that fashion I have drone down the idols of winter. And now I have no idea why I am even trying. I can't hold this. Much in. I can not comprehend my self in this lathering fashion in an unapeakably Chase such a creature no harm to me or to another I don't like in patricular. Jusoh got it will you please? For the children and thhe eggs that come aground to the adventure where it all begins...to end, yay.

Now press send should we can goo to sleep and drink and sleepeee. Weeeeeee

And now to begin my sequal, gotta correct those spellchecks they are not fun . No way do I want to doll with them. They are annoying and I can seem to ever catch them on their place. They either appear or disadpeer, it makes no sense at all. That's all. I should go somewhere else right now. Hopefully the bookie or whatever the person's name is will give me a ride home. Home to my place where I can do great things, like hop scotch and tid dosing. Let's do that right now and get this train going. HUZZAH!

I have really done a number on me. I can't stop him hopping. Don't know what to do. I guess I will head to where I am supposed to go to now. That will be great. I promise, won't come to this page again. Im deleting as much as I can so that I don't look like a fool to other crowd. That would be bad. I hope to last a good long while. All is well, and all is love. Love yous all, goodnight . Yay

I'm glad I was aware enough to post in that thread last night but holy fuck... 0_0

Do defensive strategies in college football amount to little more than "Find whomever has the ball and pray you can catch up to him"?
It's basically "try to confuse opposing QB so he forgets that his 3rd WR has some scrub trying to cover him and is wide fucking open"

Basically, think the Packers' D circa 2009.

squicken

Crisco

Banned
So far this bowl season, we've learned that the SEC and B1G aren't all that hot.

Maybe TCU and Baylor should've been in the CFB playoffs.

Yeah I know, but to be fair to the Cardinals, they were a legitimately good team before the QB trouble and stretch of games against tough teams. The only bad loss was @ATL.

They only got their asses kicked once, compared to a string of blowouts during our losing streak. This is a good team, and they'll come out with an inspired effort Saturday. I think QB play (ours as much as theirs) ultimately dooms them but they won't go down without a fight.

Top Bottom