• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Looks like our choices for fandom will be THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Oregon and their super douchey bandwagoners or the SEC.

Go Urban! O-H!

Winstein INT. Jeez what a completely different half for him.

It's sad that this game is going to decrease his draft stock dramatically.

It's not. The whole team self-destructed in the second half and it's hard to hold it all against him. At the end of the day, teams go back and evaluate all of the tape of his college career as well as the whole combine/pro day process.

One bad half isn't going to tank him.

LJ11

Some of you are way too harsh on Winston. Not a good sophmore campaign, but he's 21 next week and he dominated last season. Got lazy this year, no question,and his off field stuff is scary, but the NFL has a ton of trash at the QB position. I'd take him over most of the guys who have gone in the first the last half decade.

His off field stuff is what scares you the most.

JNA

Banned
Looks like our choices for fandom will be THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, Oregon and their super douchey bandwagoners or the SEC.

Go Urban! O-H!

It's not. The whole team self-destructed in the second half and it's hard to hold it all against him. At the end of the day, teams go back and evaluate all of the tape of his college career as well as the whole combine/pro day process.

One bad half isn't going to tank him.

It shouldn't you're right but combine this with character issues and how frustrated his play gets when he turns the ball over is a red mark to some teams.

Marcus jeez.

Milchjon

B6ToJyXCcAATczu.jpg:large

Courtesy of the CFB thread.

By the same token, two FSU fumbles, a terribly blown coverage, and the ref fucking up on the missed PI call in the first half won't suddenly turn Mariota into a Luck-eqsue can't miss No.1 lock.

Winston was the better QB for the first 40 minutes of this game.

Vire

You know I thought I'd watch the inaugural playoffs for college football... but after seeing that gif I was instantly reminded why I hate college sports.

It's like every game is a Jets game.

Some of you are way too harsh on Winston. Not a good sophmore campaign, but he's 21 next week and he dominated last season. Got lazy this year, no question,and his off field stuff is scary, but the NFL has a ton of trash at the QB position. I'd take him over most of the guys who have gone in the first the last half decade.

It's the age of instant overreactions. Luckily for Winston the draft isn't tomorrow and NFL teams are run by people who are a little more sensible than the average PFT commenter.

If he was clean off the field I don't think there's any doubt he'd be the consensus #1 pick.

Edit: I mean hang onto the ball, guys.

JNA

Banned
yup, he looks very comfortable in the pocket and if he goes to a team with a good o-line i can see him turning into a really nice pro.

He looks like a Jags player.

I don't know why but he looks like a QB for the Jags.

JNA

Banned
This is going to be the longest 4th quarter for FSU.

Racist

Just because he's black like David Gerrard and Byron Leftwich doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like a second class citizen and sent to the Jags.

Don't worry I said the same thing about Ryan Tannanil. (I keep spelling his last name wrong lol)

Top Bottom