• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

LJ11

It's the age of instant overreactions. Luckily for Winston the draft isn't tomorrow and NFL teams are run by people who are a little more sensible than the average PFT commenter.

If he was clean off the field I don't think there's any doubt he'd be the consensus #1 pick.

Edit: I mean hang onto the ball, guys.
Yeah, he'd go real high, if not first. Long throwing motion but he does a lot of good things, he's such a talented player but you can't overlook the shit that's gone down over the last year. Still worth the risk, I'd rather go out gambling on a prospect like Winston than on the Gabberts Ponders and Manuel's of the world. Off field stuff is crazy though,

effzee

Trey

What's crazy is that FSU could have easily been in the lead if Greene catches a ball and/or dude doesn't fumble on the opening drive.

Football is weird like that. Ducks haven't outplayed the Noles by 40 points.

Should make it 8 teams in the playoffs.
Leaving out a #9 or #10 won't be as much of an impact as leaving out a #5 team who could actually challenge for the title.

LJ11

One more thing. I keep seeing "its a shame that Mariottas going to be dragged down by Lovie," Cheeto said it a few days ago too I believe. Get fucking real, you can say that about 2/3 of the HC in this league. Should be changed to, it's a real shame he's going to the NFL.

Yeah, he'd go real high, if not first. Long throwing motion but he does a lot of good things, he's such a talented player but you can't overlook the shit that's gone down over the last year. Still worth the risk, I'd rather go out gambling on a prospect like Winston than on the Gabberts Ponders and Manuel's of the world. Off field stuff is crazy though,

Even with the issues I don't think the Titans pass him up. That regime won't survive another season there without a signal caller.

rando14

FOles will be included in the trade.

in 15 years when he's washed up, sure.

You guys need so much more. Wait for your QB until next draft.

From 20 into top 5? Probably take this year's and next year's 2nd round pick plus the #20 pick of coursecourse.

Sammie watkins was two 1st round picks, If you want mariota you'll need to get TB's pick and that'll be a near-RG3 load

Colasante

in 15 years when he's washed up, sure.[/QUOTE ]

You guys need so much more. Wait for your QB until next draft.

From 20 into top 5? Probably take this year's and next year's 2nd round pick plus the #20 pick of coursecourse.

To get from 20 to 2, I think the Eagles would have to give up their 2015 1st, 2015 2nd, and 2016 1st.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
WTF I just put on this game cause you guys were going so cray cray about it.

And they're playing Mario Bros. now?

Yeah from a pure football perspective he's probably one of the best pro prospects since Luck (he's a tier below Luck but who besides Russell Wilson isn't?). You hope the off field stuff is just him being a kid and not something more chronic ala Manziel and that with mentorship he cleans it up and just focuses on football.

Teams are so insanely desperate for QBs that like you said guys Gabbert, Ponder, Manuel, Geno Smith etc are all first rounders, you have to imagine a guy with better tools and talent than all of them combined is a first rounder.

WTF I just put on this game cause you guys were going so cray cray about it.

And they're playing Mario Bros. now?

Second time.

CEO of Nike congratulating Mariota.

He gonna get a BIG pay day.

CEO of Nike already paid Mariota a lot of money. Dude legit bought a relevant college program.

You'll never get me to think Winston is or ever will be a success

B6TthJnIQAEMBXX.jpg

Colasante

The Titans need to take Winston. It's a shock that Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt kept their jobs, so they're on borrowed time. Drafting a QB like Winston could buy them time to develop him. If they draft a pass rusher like Randy Gregory and roll with Mettenberger, they're just asking to be fired.

effzee

Sammie watkins was two 1st round picks, If you want mariota you'll need to get TB's pick and that'll be a near-RG3 load

Considering how much talent thr Eagles have on offense and how much they are limited with the likes of Foles and Sanchez, I'd be willing to trade 2 first round picks to move up.

Tampa can enjoy the #20 this year and #32 next draft.

Obviously best case scenario is that Winston goes first and Mariota is passed by a team questioning his transition into the pros. Not all the top 10 teams need QBs. Eagles hopefully don't have to move up to 1 but maybe somewhere around 5-10.

I do get serious Wussy vibes from how the media talks about Mariota though.

I can't wait for the fluff pieces about how he spends his spare time saving cats from trees and reading to little kids and shit

DominoKid

The Titans need to take Winston. It's a shock that Ruston Webster and Ken Whisenhunt kept their jobs, so they're on borrowed time. Drafting a QB like Winston could buy them time to develop him. If they draft a pass rusher like Randy Gregory and roll with Mettenberger, they're just asking to be fired.

im so with this plan.

@WeLoveRobDyrdek ·
MANTI TE'O's girlfriend with her first career sack!!
B6TsNq-CMAE7Ewl.jpg

At least Winston stayed to shake hands, which was cool. Can't believe half the team bailed.

Bowser

Damn, FSU team bitching out by heading to the tunnel. Good on Winston and the others who stayed behind to congratulate Oregon.

It'd be fitting because he does sort of remind me of McNair.

Top Bottom