• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

LJ11

I didn't think they'd lose that bad, but I thought all year they were overrated. I actually thought TCU should have been a solid 3rd team with Baylor, FSU and OSU interchangeable. I'm not surprised OSU won, given that the SEC was really down this year. But I'm still salty that TCU got left out. I thought that was an easy, obvious choice to people who ignored helmet logos

Bama and FSU were really overrated. Secondary for Bama is trash, FSU is young on O and D lost too many starters over the last two years. Feel bad for TCU as well, Patterson is a hell of a coach, his big nickel/nickel 4-2-5 really changed things up against spread run teams. Deserved a better outcome.

Boston Globe said:
Prosecutors also want Bristol Superior Court Judge E. Susan Garsh to ban the defense from calling an expert witness they want to testify about the effects of PCP use on the brain. There is no evidence that Hernandez himself used PCP when Lloyd was killed June 17, 2013, the prosecution said.

“The Commonwealth asserts that there will be no evidence of the use of PCP by any defendant on the date of the murder,’’ prosecutors wrote. “The defense seeks to mislead the jury by raising the bogey man of the illicit use of PCP without being able to show how it in any way has relevance to the events of the murder.’’

The defense, the prosecution said, is trying to keep the prosecution “in the dark so that his expert can attribute certain murderous behaviors to ingestation of PCP where there is no evidence that such drug was consumed close enough in time to be relevant.’’

The defense wants to call Dr. David Greenblatt, a medical expert on marijuana and PCP, according to court records.

Hernandez's defense wants to blame drugs even though there were no drugs found in his body and drugs has no relevance to his case :jnc

Bama and FSU were really overrated. Secondary for Bama is trash, FSU is young on O and D lost too many starters over the last two years. Feel bad for TCU as well, Patterson is a hell of a coach, his big nickel/nickel 4-2-5 really changed things up against spread run teams. Deserved a better outcome.
Clearly the solution is a 64 team playoff!

bionic77

I was trying to talk myself into this game because of this news, but I just can't do it. Our Run D is good, but our secondary is the problem, and with Bell out, they'll just look to exploit it more. Six touchdowns could be in the cards again, who knows.

Of course there's a chance the Ravens win. Flacco goes into Elite Playoff Mode 2.0, Ngata's back, and Suggs, Doom and McPhee get to Ben. But to rely on Flacco to go 2012 again is basically relying on voodoo magic.

Either way, I'm hyped. Fuck the Steelers.
I am beyond hyped and scared.

I just hope that we win in a blowout.

My old heart can't take another down to the wire Steelers/Ravens game.

By the way. Has anyone other than Ben ever beaten Fluke-o in the playoffs?

iPhones are FUCKING garbage. Jesus Christ how do people use the dog shit that is iOS?
Phone people are crazy.

I have not seen anything substantially better on either platform to justify the hyperbole.

There was point when Android phones were garbage. They caught up to the iPhone eventually and I have not really seen much advancement since then. I feel both platforms are kind of stuck with very incremental upgrades and we are waiting for the next big thing.

Sounds like you're a poor.

I have an htc one m8, I'm doing okay (besides the piss poor camera).

Phone people are crazy.

I have not seen anything substantially better on either platform to justify the hyperbole.

There was point when Android phones were garbage. They caught up to the iPhone eventually and I have not really seen much advancement since then. I feel both platforms are kind of stuck with very incremental upgrades and we are waiting for the next big thing.

The fact that I have to jail break the mother fucker to do what I want with it is insane.

You like that phone? My wife needs a new phone and I don't know if she'll like the Z3, which I have, so I was thinking about that for her.

My favorite phone so far (but isn't that the case when you get a new flagship phone?). Runs everything great. Has a pretty good battery (nothing like the Maxx but it gets me through the day no problem and with the new android options you can make it last longer). If you take a lot of photos and actually use them to share or whatever I might suggest something else.

I got one a few months ago. Its nice and the camera is not near as bad as advertised.
My favorite phone so far (but isn't that the case when you get a new flagship phone?). Runs everything great. Has a pretty good battery (nothing like the Maxx but it gets me through the day no problem and with the new android options you can make it last longer). If you take a lot of photos and actually use them to share or whatever I might suggest something else.

Have you run into any problems? On my Z3 for instance it has this weird habit of not successfully sending text messages on occasion, and I had to disable stamina mode on the wireless because it was causing some weird connection issues (IE wireless wasn't working sometimes). It doesn't really bother me much, but those two issues combined will infuriate my very impatient-with-electronics wife.

Also, apparently my brother saw Connor Barwin at like two (maybe three?) parties over the holidays. I guess he doesn't have much going on since we're out of playoffs.

MechDX

Have you run into any problems? On my Z3 for instance it has this weird habit of not successfully sending text messages on occasion, and I had to disable stamina mode on the wireless because it was causing some weird connection issues (IE wireless wasn't working sometimes). It doesn't really bother me much, but those two issues combined will infuriate my very impatient-with-electronics wife.

Also, apparently my brother saw Connor Barwin at like two (maybe three?) parties over the holidays. I guess he doesn't have much going on since we're out of playoffs.

No real issues on the M8 except occasionally the swipe to wake up the phone doesn't seem to work. You just have to tap the power button and it comes on though.

Oh and to hell with that hipster Barwin.

bionic77

I have an htc one m8, I'm doing okay (besides the piss poor camera).

The fact that I have to jail break the mother fucker to do what I want with it is insane.
What exactly do you need to do on your phone that any phone from 3 years ago can't do?

They all do exactly the same shit these days.

I don't even see any real speed increases in most phones from the past year plus for 99% of apps.

I am beyond hyped and scared.

I just hope that we win in a blowout.

My old heart can't take another down to the wire Steelers/Ravens game.

By the way. Has anyone other than Ben ever beaten Fluke-o in the playoffs?

I'll be dead for sure with another close game.

Flacco's playoff history---------

Losses to Ben, Peyton, and Billy Cundiff

oxPnr6C.png

Yup for a couple of weeks text messages would just randomly fail. I think it might have been an Android issue because my dad was having the same issue with his Maxx. It works just fine now.

No real issues on the M8 except occasionally the swipe to wake up the phone doesn't seem to work. You just have to tap the power button and it comes on though.

Oh and to hell with that hipster Barwin.

Oh ya and this sometimes too.

bionic77

I'll be dead for sure with another close game.

Flacco's playoff history---------

Losses to Ben, Peyton, and Billy Cundiff

oxPnr6C.png
Wow he has a really low completion %.

Love those stats from that 2009 NE game.

One of the very few times in my life that Ray Rice and the Ravens put a smile on my face.

Aside from piracy what feature does jail breaking provide that isn't part of the stock OS at this point?

I was fucking around with my dads work phone last time I visited and I hated every aspect of iOS. The layout, options, OS, and just the fundamental way it works. Is it better now? Yes? Could I make the move if I really needed to, especially now that the 6 is out? Yes. Do I want to? No. It feels like a walled garden where in Android I'm flashing ROMs and side loading apps. Plus multiple companies working with Android will get me a base level phone that I want. Not just one company working on iOS. This isn't an I hate Apple post. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro and I love OSX (and any Unix based OS) so I'm that weird dude that mixes and matches.

I also don't pirate anything anymore really, maybe a tv episode here and there.

Wow he has a really low completion %.

Love those stats from that 2009 NE game.

One of the very few times in my life that Ray Rice and the Ravens put a smile on my face.

That 2012 run is ridiculous. Seriously, some Ravens fans were making blood sacrifices under the full moon in Leakin Park.

bionic77

I was fucking around with my dads work phone last time I visited and I hated every aspect of iOS. The layout, options, OS, and just the fundamental way it works. Is it better now? Yes? Could I make the move if I really needed to, especially now that the 6 is out? Yes. Do I want to? No. It feels like a walled garden where in Android I'm flashing ROMs and side loading apps. Plus multiple companies working with Android will get me a base level phone that I want. Not just one company working on iOS. This isn't an I hate Apple post. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro and I love OSX (and any Unix based OS) so I'm that weird dude that mixes and matches.

I also don't pirate anything anymore really, maybe a tv episode here and there.
As I said your previous post was pure hyperbole.

You just prefer Android. Which is cool but that is all you had to say. Instead of saying crazy stuff right out of Fox's Androidwars handbook about how iOS is lightyears behind or that it would require you to jailbreak your phone to get it do what you like on a Android phone. The same applies to iOS users too. I have enough friends with galaxies and notes to see some cool things in the phones, but for the most part everyone is doing the same shit on their phones.

Honestly I could switch to Android pretty easily if I was not in the Apple ecosystem for my laptops and desktops. It is really nice to have the integration between my phone and computers.

As I said your previous post was pure hyperbole.

You just prefer Android. Which is cool but that is all you had to say. Instead of saying crazy stuff right out of Fox's Androidwars handbook about how iOS is lightyears behind or that it would require you to jailbreak your phone to get it do what you like on a Android phone. The same applies to iOS users too. I have enough friends with galaxies and notes to see some cool things in the phones, but for the most part everyone is doing the same shit on their phones.

Honestly I could switch to Android pretty easily if I was not in the Apple ecosystem for my laptops and desktops. It is really nice to have the integration between my phone and computers.

I should have said in my first post that most of my experience with iOS was 4 and 5 which I absolutely did not like. That was my fault. The communication with 6 and the other hardware is pretty cool. I didn't say it was light years behind but if you can't comprehend that MY post was MY opinion then thats your fault. There are things I can't do on iOS that I can on Android. End of story.

Bowser

I didn't say it was light years behind but if you can't comprehend that MY post was MY opinion then thats your fault. There are things I can't do on iOS that I can on Android. End of story.

I mean, to be fair to bionic, you did say in your first post that iPhones are "fucking garbage" and you don't know how ANYONE could use iOS.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 31s31 seconds ago
Rex Ryan is set up. Interviews with #49ers & #Falcons, interest from #Bills. Has retained broadcast agent CAA’s Nick Khan, that’s an option

Man. Ryan with that Bills defense would be insane

this would be so amazing:
http://nfl.packers.com/fan_zone/con..._campaign=2014 Divisional Playoff Sweepstakes

if I don't win, maybe one of Packers-GAF can win!

Entered. If I win Ill wear my Texans #99 jersey and carry a sign that says "Fuck A-ron! Greg 4 MVP biiiitch!"

I mean, to be fair to bionic, you did say in your first post that iPhones are "fucking garbage" and you don't know how ANYONE could use iOS.

Again that was my fault. I should have clarified when making a statement like that. I should have put my opinion and that statement in quotes. My fault.

Milchjon

I love how bionic always acts like he's above the phone wars shitpool, yet he's chin-deep in it every single time the topic comes up.

Sanjuro

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 31s31 seconds ago
Rex Ryan is set up. Interviews with #49ers & #Falcons, interest from #Bills. Has retained broadcast agent CAA’s Nick Khan, that’s an option

Man. Ryan with that Bills defense would be insane

Entered. If I win Ill wear my Texans #99 jersey and carry a sign that says "Fuck A-ron! Greg 4 MVP biiiitch!"

Same. y not?

Look at all these non-Packer-Age members entering. Disgusting.

bionic77

Again that was my fault. I should have clarified when making a statement like that. I should have put my opinion and that statement in quotes. My fault.
I was about to quote you but thats all it takes is to say that is like your opinion man!

I love how bionic always acts like he's above the phone wars shitpool, yet he's chin-deep in it every single time the topic comes up.
Bro you should know by now that I call out people on everything!

I still shit on console wars too.

Bowser

I just entered and left all the "email me more infomration" boxes checked by accident...rip inbox.

fb0.jpg

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4m4 minutes ago
As I just mentioned on PFT Live, some think Rex Ryan is talking to NFL teams in order to squeeze more money out of ESPN.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3m3 minutes ago
If Rex has choice between Buffalo and Atlanta, it's a no-brainer. Go to Georgia. If it's Bristol vs. Buffalo, hello Bristol?

Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!

bionic77

Looks like they're about to release the AP All-Pro list soon
Ben was the best qb in the AFC this year and this better reflect that or I will take to the internet to voice my extreme displeasure!

Also being at work when things are slow is the fucking best.

No kids. Plenty of coffee. And internet.

What more could a man ask for? I guess I could ask one of the younger secretaries or file clerks to wear suggestive clothing and bend and reach for files but that seems kind of sleepy!

Fantomex

That OT thread about 11 year olds having sex straight baffles me. Especially all the opinions of people who are usually suicidal, freeloaders, trolls and fanboys all of a sudden being able to hand out parenting advice out of their ass. Gaf, you scary.

rando14

#whynotme

I have to be real here, I think it would be really cool to visit The House That Greg Built EVEN as a non-fan, there's more history there than the Space Needle that's for damn sure!!

Ben was the best qb in the AFC this year and this better reflect that or I will take to the internet to voice my extreme displeasure!

Also being at work when things are slow is the fucking best.

No kids. Plenty of coffee. And internet.

What more could a man ask for? I guess I could ask one of the younger secretaries or file clerks to wear suggestive clothing and bend and reach for files but that seems kind of sleepy!

If I was a member of the AP Ben would certainly have my vote!!

Top Bottom