• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

cajunator

Banned
I started up Captain Toad last night. I LOVE IT. The level design is so good. Simple yet effective without making you want to tear your hair out. Just what the doctor ordered after the time I spent in Dragon Age.

Amusingly, I completed the first 18 levels and saw the credits roll and was "Really? That's it?" I mean it was about 3 hours long. Then episode 2 unlocked along with the bonus levels from having the Super Mario 3D World save on my Wii U and I just got a big smile on my face.

I'll dig into Episode 2 as the week progresses. I completed the first 18 levels including all of the bonus challenges. I'll be doing the same for the whole game. It's really the perfect Nintendo experience wrapped up in a $40 dollar package. Gorgeous, charming and just pure unadulterated fun.

Yeah and theres also an episode 3 too!
So basically 4 different books of levels to play through. Its pretty large!

I have an avalanche of games waiting to be played behind the dam that is Dragon Age. That game has consumed all of my gaming time for almost two months. Of course, I'm always mixing in a little FIFA!

I have an avalanche of games waiting to be played behind the dam that is Dragon Age. That game has consumed all of my gaming time for almost two months. Of course, I'm always mixing in a little FIFA!
As much as I enjoyed it, I'm happy to be moving on from Dragon Age. Nearly a month a half for me as well with plenty to play.

I'm mixing in Dreamfall Chapters with Captain Toad though frankly I'm a bit bored by it. I loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall but the episodic nature of this game seems to have hurt it. The first two hours are wonderful in pushing the narrative forward but the last two have been me controlling Zoe through menial life shit and having (admittedly well written) conversations with characters that have little to do with the main story. I get they are trying to establish the new characters and what not but the pacing seems off. I'll finish it but I hope the remaining chapters are more focused.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is next after I complete these two.

So Jameis Winston says he's going to play baseball for FSU in the spring.

Which of course means he can't enter the 2015 NFL Draft, and he would be coming back for another year of college football.

It would be shocking after all of that talk about (and in some circles, celebration of) the end of Jame's college career last night, he comes back for another year.

As much as I enjoyed it, I'm happy to be moving on from Dragon Age. Nearly a month a half for me as well with plenty to play.

I'm mixing in Dreamfall Chapters with Captain Toad though frankly I'm a bit bored by it. I loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall but the episodic nature of this game seems to have hurt it. The first two hours are wonderful in pushing the narrative forward but the last two have been me controlling Zoe through menial life shit and having (admittedly well written) conversations with characters that have little to do with the main story. I get they are trying to establish the new characters and what not but the pacing seems off. I'll finish it but I hope the remaining chapters are more focused.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is next after I complete these two.
I finally started slowing down a bit around the 80 hour mark. I'm exploring all of the areas fully and doing all the side stuff I come across but the formula finally started to wear on me a little in Emprise du Lion and Emerald Graves. I've come too far to leave a stone unturned now, though.

The last time I played I did a story mission for the first time in forever (Here Lies the Abyss) and I loved it. That in turn opened a ton of new companion quests so now I'm jumping into some of that. The game is great at pacing itself thanks to the variety between the world exploration and the story/companion content, it's truly impressive for an RPG of this type.

Did you end up doing most everything you came across? What was your final playtime? I'm thinking it's going to take me 110-120 hours or so.

cashman

Banned
It's about time for me to get a new phone. What's the best android phone out there these days? Note? S5? Nexus6? One of those sony phones?

Did you end up doing most everything you came across? What was your final playtime? I'm thinking it's going to take me 110-120 hours or so.
I did everything. Every area 100% explored with no quests left over. Killed all 10 dragons, did all of the companion quests, found all of the mosaics, etc. etc. You name it, I did it. My final play time was about 115 hours.

I did everything. Every area 100% explored with no quests left over. Killed all 10 dragons, did all of the companion quests, found all of the mosaics, etc. etc. You name it, I did it. My final play time was about 115 hours.
Very nice. I'm at 85 hours now, 30 more seems about right! I'll get to play some holiday 2014 releases eventually, I suppose...

Thankfully January and February look pretty open for me in terms of new releases. Later this year is going to be nuts, though.

Thankfully January and February look pretty open for me in terms of new releases. Later this year is going to be nuts, though.
February got much easier with Bloodborne and Witcher 3 being delayed, yeah.

Debating on whether I want to bother with Dying Light or not. Grim Fandango is immediately bought in January.:)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I started up Captain Toad last night. I LOVE IT. The level design is so good. Simple yet effective without making you want to tear your hair out. Just what the doctor ordered after the time I spent in Dragon Age.

Amusingly, I completed the first 18 levels and saw the credits roll and was "Really? That's it?" I mean it was about 3 hours long. Then episode 2 unlocked along with the bonus levels from having the Super Mario 3D World save on my Wii U and I just got a big smile on my face.

I'll dig into Episode 2 as the week progresses. I completed the first 18 levels including all of the bonus challenges. I'll be doing the same for the whole game. It's really the perfect Nintendo experience wrapped up in a $40 dollar package. Gorgeous, charming and just pure unadulterated fun.

OMG SPOILERS!!! OMG!!!

...oh wait I don't give a fuck! Glad you enjoy it, I plan on getting it this month.

No idea when I'm getting a Wii U (hopefully soon), but I really wanted to get Captain Toad. Loved what I saw from it at E3, and I'm glad to hear it's great!

Bowser

Poor Kelvin Benjamin:

post-6922-0-11558300-1420211368.png

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
The #Bucs requested to speak with #Titans TE coach Mike Mularkey for their OC job, as @MikeGarafolo said. The request was denied.

I can't tell whether to laugh or be mad the Bucs won't get a chance to hire Mularkey

bionic77

Ugh why are we talking about college football when we have a glorious weekend of wildcard REAL football coming up?

Speaking of which, it doesn't look good that Bell will play.

I am now officially scared.

I don't want to see see Fluke-o unleashed again this playoffs!

squicken

Man, FSU really did get their asses kicked. Not what I expected at all.

I didn't think they'd lose that bad, but I thought all year they were overrated. I actually thought TCU should have been a solid 3rd team with Baylor, FSU and OSU interchangeable. I'm not surprised OSU won, given that the SEC was really down this year. But I'm still salty that TCU got left out. I thought that was an easy, obvious choice to people who ignored helmet logos

Draxal

I didn't think they'd lose that bad, but I thought all year they were overrated. I actually thought TCU should have been a solid 3rd team with Baylor, FSU and OSU interchangeable. I'm not surprised OSU won, given that the SEC was really down this year. But I'm still salty that TCU got left out. I thought that was an easy, obvious choice to people who ignored helmet logos

TCU has nobody to blame but themselves, they lost a conference game when they gave up a mammoth lead.

squicken

Joe Banner was on Twitter last night saying the analytic group they had study the college QBs liked Bridgewater the best, even above Mariotta. Didn't like Winston at all

Ray Farmer obviously would have been privy to that study

eznark

Banned
Last night on the radio broadcast Todd "Brohm is light years better than Rodgers" McShay said Winston is the best NFL prospect in over a decade.

I'd stay as far away from Winston as possible.

JNA

Banned
Last night on the radio broadcast Todd "Brohm is light years better than Rodgers" McShay said Winston is the best NFL prospect in over a decade.

I'd stay as far away from Winston as possible.

Best prospect in over a decade?

Uhhh...I remember Luck being pretty much as locked as you can get as an NFL prospect. I don't see Winston being even close to that good.

But I'm not an expert so who knows. We will see about that.

eznark

Banned

Uhhh...I remember Luck being pretty much as locked as you can get as an NFL prospect. I don't see Winston being even close to that good.

Well yeah Todd McShay is a fucking idiot

Ugh why are we talking about college football when we have a glorious weekend of wildcard REAL football coming up?

Speaking of which, it doesn't look good that Bell will play.

I am now officially scared.

I don't want to see see Fluke-o unleashed again this playoffs!

I was trying to talk myself into this game because of this news, but I just can't do it. Our Run D is good, but our secondary is the problem, and with Bell out, they'll just look to exploit it more. Six touchdowns could be in the cards again, who knows.

Of course there's a chance the Ravens win. Flacco goes into Elite Playoff Mode 2.0, Ngata's back, and Suggs, Doom and McPhee get to Ben. But to rely on Flacco to go 2012 again is basically relying on voodoo magic.

Either way, I'm hyped. Fuck the Steelers.

we are now talking about Todd mcshay, so his mission is accomplished.

I still remember watching Winston's first game at FSU and being blown away. The physical tools are there and they are much more developed than what you see in most top QB prospects.

The big question mark for me is the mental side, but I think Jameis can succeed there as well if he puts in the work. Will he? Who knows.

If I was a fan of a team in need of a QB I would not be upset with picking Jameis. His ceiling is Big Ben and it doesn't seem insane to think he could achieve it.

As far as the off the field issues they are certainly a concern but I think a guy like Manziel had even more red flags. Jameis seems to be very competitive and passionate, he's just stupid at times. I also think he has shown good leadership skills on the football field.

I can't wait to see how he pans out but overall I am more positive on him than negative. It's hard to ignore what the kid does right. His arm is no joke, extremely rare combination of touch, accuracy, and strength.

Same here. TCU could beat anyone in the nation.

Top Bottom