• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
45_33091831_hiya_buddy.jpg

Got a wiener between your buns?

Shame that people are picking against the Broncos. Broncos implementing a new offense, and we have a legit defense. Never doubting Peyton after the first year in Denver then the streak they went on. Dude is a legend for a reason. Never doubt the great ones.

Fuck the haters. See you tmmw game time.

ampere

Shame that people are picking against the Broncos. Broncos implementing a new offense, and we have a legit defense. Never doubting Peyton after the first year in Denver then the streak they went on. Dude is a legend for a reason. Never doubt the great ones.

Denver's defense looks great, but until Peyton starts playing better I see mostly FGs from Denver. That's what makes me lean towards KC

Bread

Banned

"How dare you question my favorite team?"

Narag

but thursday night football

Gobias

Banned
I look forward to beating the Bengals on Thursday Night for our only win of the year.

Sorry about my use of the word our.

Go Cards!

After beating down the Saints the Cardinals are on to hunting the Bears in their neck of the woods. The Cards run D will not let Forte have the field day he had against the Packers (unless they burn us with screens :0) and containing the stud RB will force Cutler to throw (away the game). Peterson will continue his stellar play in shutting down Jeffrey and Cutler will force throws feeding the Cards D with multiple picks.

We are all Packer fans this week and after GB shreds the chickens, the Cards will increase their lead of the division to two games. Lets go Cards! Lets go Pack! We'll help each other out and rise to 2-0!

Great news today that Iupati is ahead of schedule and practiced in pads to a limited capacity. They expect him to be ready for the Niner game next week and that will be amazing if true. I can't wait to see what the running game looks like with him in the lineup. At the same time, I don't want him to forcibly rush it and risk re-aggravating the injury but he already commented on that so don't think he will play unless he's confident he can handle it. Ellington was in a brace but showed up at practice. If he's able to practice by the end of the week the outlook will be good that he'll return for the Niner game as well. I feel good about the Johnson duo while he heals up, best depth we've had in forever.

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF@ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

Eleuin

Never is such a strong word.

linkboy

Go Cards!

After beating down the Saints the Cardinals are on to hunting the Bears in their neck of the woods. The Cards run D will not let Forte have the field day he had against the Packers (unless they burn us with screens :0) and containing the stud RB will force Cutler to throw (away the game). Peterson will continue his stellar play in shutting down Jeffrey and Cutler will force throws feeding the Cards D with multiple picks.

We are all Packer fans this week and after GB shreds the chickens, the Cards will increase their lead of the division to two games. Lets go Cards! Lets go Pack! We'll help each other out and rise to 2-0!

Great news today that Iupati is ahead of schedule and practiced in pads to a limited capacity. They expect him to be ready for the Niner game next week and that will be amazing if true. I can't wait to see what the running game looks like with him in the lineup. At the same time, I don't want him to forcibly rush it and risk re-aggravating the injury but he already commented on that so don't think he will play unless he's confident he can handle it. Ellington was in a brace but showed up at practice. If he's able to practice by the end of the week the outlook will be good that he'll return for the Niner game as well. I feel good about the Johnson duo while he heals up, best depth we've had in forever.

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF@ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

Be worried about Iupati in pass protection, he's not very good in that department.

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

Sorry Broncos-GAF, think it's going to be a long night for Manning. Trust KC's offense more than I do Denver's. Probably will be a low scoring affair. Like 15-9 type deal.

I was so wrong about Minnesota...

I realize in my picks that Seattle goes 0-2 while the rest of the division goes 2-0. I think people will freak out and act like they will miss the playoffs, but I think the FO will pay Kam and they'll still contend for the division or a WC spot at the very least.

Same goes for the Colts, as I pick the Jets to be my upset pick of the week. Even without Cromartie the defense is good enough to keep Luck under distress, and Fitzmagic is more capable than Tyrod Taylor and has a good receiving corp. I look for the Colts to be upset once again.

cdyhybrid

I realize in my picks that Seattle goes 0-2 while the rest of the division goes 2-0. I think people will freak out and act like they will miss the playoffs, but I think the FO will pay Kam and they'll still contend for the division or a WC spot at the very least.

We were three games behind at one point last season IIRC. I'm not too worried about potentially going 0-2 as long as they fix the issues they're having. Plus, there's always the inevitable Carson Palmer injury coming.

ampere

We were three games behind at one point last season IIRC. I'm not too worried about potentially going 0-2 as long as they fix the issues they're having. Plus, there's always the inevitable Carson Palmer injury coming.

How long you think the Kam holdout goes

cdyhybrid

How long you think the Kam holdout goes

I thought he would come back for Week 1, and if he didn't then it would be Week 10 (which I understand is the latest he can come back while still having the year count towards his contract - a Pats fan here mentioned that Logan Mankins did it?). Seems like it's still on that course to me.

He stays on message.

Who do you want starting this week?
I guess Manziel, he showed some improvement last game. Still proabaly dealing with the elbow issue. MCcown just keeps taking the same dumbass hits. MCcown went down earlier then I thought he might. Last year I wanted Manziel to sit as long as he could, but he wasted that time.

We have no talent at the skilled position that anyone is afraid of. Guys that can be some really good pieces like Hawkins but collectively they're not scaring anyone. We have so little talent. Running backs are still up in the air. We're just about setting anyone at qb to fail.

This is probably one of the times I've been most down on the team. I know it's one week, but that shit was embarrassing, and idk if it'll get better before worse. At this point I don't want to see farmer doing another draft for us. The lack of talent and arrogance on the front office side is incredible.

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

Sorry Broncos-GAF, think it's going to be a long night for Manning. Trust KC's offense more than I do Denver's. Probably will be a low scoring affair. Like 15-9 type deal.

I was so wrong about Minnesota...

Same goes for the Colts, as I pick the Jets to be my upset pick of the week. Even without Cromartie the defense is good enough to keep Luck under distress, and Fitzmagic is more capable than Tyrod Taylor and has a good receiving corp. I look for the Colts to be upset once again.

Cromartie just had a knee sprain. Likely he'll be ready for Monday.

Be worried about Iupati in pass protection, he's not very good in that department.
This I know but let it be known that he's better there than what we had last year. Depressing, I know. He's a slight upgrade in Pass protection over the previous scrub and a MASSIVE upgrade at Run blocking. When you were 31st in rushing the previous year and you acquire the 2nd best run blocking guard of the previous season, you get a little excited ;)

We both know there's no chance in hell you would have taken it from us last year if Palmer stayed healthy. Hell, if Stanton stayed healthy.

That said, this is a new season and you are the team to beat and as much as I enjoy talking trash about a division rival, you're the favorite going into the season. Again, that said, it is very possible for us to win the division and homer nonsense aside, I really believe we'll be better than most give us credit for. It's going to be fun watching us face each other with Palmer actually playing this time, especially since he beat you in SEA last he did ;)

This I know but let it be known that he's better there than what we had last year. Depressing, I know. He's a slight upgrade in Pass protection over the previous scrub and a MASSIVE upgrade at Run blocking. When you were 31st in rushing the previous year and you acquire the 2nd best run blocking guard of the previous season, you get a little excited ;)

We both know there's no chance in hell you would have taken it from us last year if Palmer stayed healthy. Hell, if Stanton stayed healthy.

That said, this is a new season and you are the team to beat and as much as I enjoy talking trash about a division rival, you're the favorite going into the season. Again, that said, it is very possible for us to win the division and homer nonsense aside, I really believe we'll be better than most give us credit for. It's going to be fun watching us face each other with Palmer actually playing this time, especially since he beat you in SEA last he did ;)

i know i'm terrified of the great carson palmer

i know i'm terrified of the great carson palmer

Either you're trolling, projecting you're inner pain concerning how shit the Niners are now or simply haven't payed attention to his win record in Arizona. In Arians' system with the weapons he has, Palmer has been very good. I really don't even have to argue the point anymore, the win-loss record does it for me but you can go further and look at his TD/INT ratio with us as well. Started a little rough the first season between learning the new system and force feeding it to Fitz but there was a dramatic improvement the next year when he started spreading the ball around and had the playbook down.

I'm going to assume you just wanted to rile me up though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom