• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

cdyhybrid

So the pressure got to him and he missed a routine kick, seattle sure were lucky that happened

Oh hauschka missed, arizona sure were lucky that happened

I don't even know what you're trying to argue, that this one example doesn't make SEA one of the biggest benefactors of opponents' mistakes? The kind that come from plays that should be routine irregardless of past actions?

Is luck invalid because its not easily quantifiable? Does luck not play into fumble recoveries and almost INTS? What wrong in saying that they are lucky teams have choked against them more than others

Huh? No, it wasn't luck. There's no such thing as luck. Do you believe in the Madden and SI curses too? :jnc

I'm getting tired of people screaming "SEATTLE LUCK" every time anything positive goes Seattle's way. That's all. It's the laziest commentary possible.

Taking advantage of the other team's mistakes is being opportunistic and you have to put yourself in position to take advantage of it. And the existence of those mistakes isn't luck either - there are a number of plays every week for every team that could end up burning them if the other team is in position to take advantage. Football players are human, they make mistakes. It's going to happen. It's not some divine miracle when it does.

A 6-6 tie in primetime between two teams we all thought were two of the best in the league coming into the season just about sums up 2016 in the NFL.

Cancel this season and start over fresh and well rested next year.

Sanjuro

A 6-6 tie in primetime between two teams we all thought were two of the best in the league coming into the season just about sums up 2016 in the NFL.

Cancel this season and start over fresh and well rested next year.

What kind of national anthems will we have in this rebooted NFL season?

Walking Dead was trash.
Football is trash.
Where is there not trash

Why did the league think we want to watch Brock in primetime so fucking much?

What kind of national anthems will we have in this rebooted NFL season?

By then, Trump will be President so there will be mandatory standing for the Star Spangled Banner and the State Anthem of the Russian Federation at all sporting events.

Related: If I don't post again after November 8th, I'm probably in a concentration camp.

MechDX

Walking Dead was trash.
Football is trash.
Where is there not trash

Why did the league think we want to watch Brock in primetime so fucking much?

Tonight

In a few weeks in Mexico vs the Raiders

And on Xmas eve. That's against the Bengals though so Yates should be on the roster by then.

Brocktober gives all year long

Watched the highlights:

giphy.gif

squicken

So.. I missed a slobberknocker last night?

I think SEA has a very good defense, but I'm not so sure they don't also have a mediocre offense as long as Wilson is hobbled.

The kicker stuff is funny, but I have no idea what it means. The Cards kicker looked like a defeated man on the sidelines. How can they have confidence in him the rest of the year?

MechDX

Never have I seen a group of local media rush to suck off a GM of an NFL team more than Denver media does for Elway

It's fucking unreal

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Never have I seen a group of local media rush to suck off a GM of an NFL team more than Denver media does for Elway

It's fucking unreal

I don't understand it.

He gave Oz a huge fucking offer and nearly broke apart the defense as a result!

Elway the god

So lucky they won the Super Bowl thanks to Von because had they lost the Peyton era would have been a huge flop or maybe Peyton would have kept playing idk

Zimmer held nothing back at his press conference, and called out everything that went horribly wrong in the game. He didn't sugar coat it, didn't come up with excuses. Gotta respect a coach that flat out says his team sucked.

Also, he is gonna be busting some asses in practice this week. I almost pity their OL players.

That feeling of hope you get watching last night and seeing that both teams are beatable only to realize your team is also terrible.

#2016intheNFL

Primetime at Seattle is an automatic loss. I don't care if Wilson is playing on crutches, they'll still probably win that game 20-0 with three defensive touchdowns and a missed XP. Hopefully it gets flexed out in favor of Random NFC East Game #5254856185 to save the Panthers the embarrassment.

The Cardinals this week at home look like they can be taken tho.

MechDX

I don't understand it.

I noticed you saw my tweet yesterday. How anyone who isn't a direct fan of either of the teams tonight can't root for Osweiler to show up big time tonight has no soul. The kid just keeps getting attacked by Elway's coven and he just keeps taking it in stride

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That feeling of hope you get watching last night and seeing that both teams are beatable only to realize your team is also terrible.

#2016intheNFL

Primetime at Seattle is an automatic loss. I don't care if Wilson is playing on crutches, they'll still probably win that game 20-0 with three defensive touchdowns and a missed XP.

The Cardinals this week at home look like they can be taken tho.

Everyone is bad except the Cowboys and Patriots.

It's fucking happening. The nightmare scenario of a Pats and Cowboys Super Bowl.

I'm sorry grober, I'd rather have your guy doing dabs in the end zone and planning his victory $50,000 outfit than that.

I noticed you saw my tweet yesterday. How anyone who isn't a direct fan of either of the teams tonight can't root for Osweiler to show up big time tonight has no soul. The kid just keeps getting attacked by Elway's coven and he just keeps taking it in stride

I don't think many people are actually rooting for him to personally fail. Maybe Broncos fans but that's it.

People like to laugh at failures but there's less laughing going on right now because this season we're all failures (unless you're one of the aforementioned legions of fans of the Cowboys or Patriots)

It's fucking happening. The nightmare scenario of a Pats and Cowboys Super Bowl.
Good we deserve nothing less than this and then have Bama win another title.

We're degenerates and deserve what could possibly the worst timeline in the history of mankind.

We deserve this

Cowboys-Pats would test the heart of men.

That's an easy decision for me but I wasn't really watching football as a toddler when the Cowboys were on a hooker and blow powered rampage through the league back in the 90s. I haven't built up hate for them yet.

But I imagine that would be HARD on you old school fans.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't understand it.

I'm glad he passed on it., locking up Von was a bigger priority.

Especially when you're getting similar production from a guy making ~17.5m less.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I really do want to see a pats vs cowboys super bowl because the salt will be amazing.

I'm sorry grober, I'd rather have your guy doing dabs in the end zone and planning his victory $50,000 outfit than that.

Good we deserve nothing less than this and then have Bama win another title.

We're degenerates and deserve what could possibly the worst timeline in the history of mankind.

We deserve this
giphy.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Last season was remarkably worst, IMO.

Yeah I'd go along with that. Gimp Peyton Manning and Rodgers was still sucking it up for most of the year. When Peyton noodle armed his way to winning the Super Bowl his first response was a fucking commercial for Budweiser.

Cam Newton was the worst MVP we've had in a while. Statistically, Russell Wilson had a better year for instance but he didn't have "teh winz".

AP was the leading rusher in the league and everyone forgot that he was a child abuser.

Fucking daily fantasy commercials were on every 2 minutes.

Yeah it was kind of a shitty year also.

Top Bottom