• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

neoemonk

After the Lions lost to both the Titans and Bears I had them figured for dead. This three game winning streak was totally unexpected for me.

Hindl

Eagles beat the Vikings and steelers, but lose to the lions and Washington. Idk how to feel

Eagles beat up good teams and bad teams, when they play middle of the road teams they lay an egg. Also Washington might be our version of the Rams. Plus, home field advantage and all.

Last season was remarkably worst, IMO.

Yeah, I think it might be that last season was the first I noticed the quality dip with poor OL play, fuckery, and the increased frequency of penalties, especially unsportsmanlike shit. This season just seems like a continuation of that

Line_HTX

I don't think many people are actually rooting for him to personally fail. Maybe Broncos fans but that's it.

People like to laugh at failures but there's less laughing going on right now because this season we're all failures (unless you're one of the aforementioned legions of fans of the Cowboys or Patriots)

Missing a White House visit and Ring ceremony for OTA's and more practices got turned into a felony by a good amount of national media people. So yes, many people are rooting for failure in a year where they fucking suck themselves.

MechDX

Texans need to come out tonight and do what the Falcons and Chargers did the past two weeks: quick throws to the TEs and RBs. Wade still refuses to use zone defense to prevent this and his linebackers can't cover. Throw in some runs by Lamar Miller. Isn't really new either. It's what Brady did to the Texans defense under Wade in 2012

This also will get Oz into a rhythm. After they soften up the middle then he can do his best Rex Grossman and fuck it go deep to Fuller.

Honestly don't give them much of a chance. Texans have a history of shitting the bed in prime time. I'm more interested in seeing if something just clicked for Brock in that comeback last week. Go back and watch the 4th quarter and OT of the colts game and he just had the look of an ice cold killer and played like it.

Pepiope

Eagles beat up good teams and bad teams, when they play middle of the road teams they lay an egg. Also Washington might be our version of the Rams. Plus, home field advantage and all.
And they were pretty dominant wins too...I don't expect playoffs, but I hate how they can beat really good football teams pretty easily.

55-13 between the vikes and Steelers.

I loved how Wentz bounced back after those turnovers, that 2 PT conversion and that 4th down before the 2nd half were big from him. They're finally putting in some of those designed runs. Gives teams another thing to worry about. Next week we have to kill Dallas though.

bionic77

I hate football.

I can usually enjoy football even when my team sucks (I was very entertained by the Eagles Vikings game until it got out of hand), but the only team that looks competent so far is the Pats and that just makes this the worst. Add on top of the slight chance that we might have a Pats fan in the white house? Just too much garbage to handle.

Hopefully we get healthy by the end of the year and the injury bug that seems to be killing everyone else catches up to them so they are fucked up when it is win or go home season.

Thank God the Jets beat the Ravens. We need some serious help to keep our division hopes alive until Ben comes back. Hopefully the whole fucking team can get healthy and we can actually make the playoffs as well.

Fuck you football.

bionic77

And they were pretty dominant wins too...I don't expect playoffs, but I hate how they can beat really good football teams pretty easily.

I loved how Wentz bounced back after those turnovers, that 2 PT conversion and that 4th down before the 2nd half were big from him. They're finally putting in some of those designed runs. Gives teams another thing to worry about. Next week we have to kill Dallas though.
I actually did not like how Wentz played in the first half. He was very fortunate that the Eagles defense was so dominant and has been at home for the most part.

Some really questionable decisions. But he is a rookie and I also agree that he came back from the INTs really well and after the 3rd TO it looked like he and the coaches adjusted and started to make better decisions.

It was weird how both teams were able to run the ball early and yet kept slanging and kept slanging despite the disastrous results. Somewhere out there Andy Reid was watching the game and happy to see that.

I hate football.

I can usually enjoy football even when my team sucks (I was very entertained by the Eagles Vikings game until it got out of hand), but the only team that looks competent so far is the Pats and that just makes this the worst. Add on top of the slight chance that we might have a Pats fan in the white house? Just too much garbage to handle.

Hopefully we get healthy by the end of the year and the injury bug that seems to be killing everyone else catches up to them so they are fucked up when it is win or go home season.

Thank God the Jets beat the Ravens. We need some serious help to keep our division hopes alive until Ben comes back. Hopefully the whole fucking team can get healthy and we can actually make the playoffs as well.

Fuck you football.
Brady owns the Steelers. You just have to accept it. Only person who owns them more is Gronk.

Hindl

Dallas game gives me a lot of worry. Still need to see the full game since I had to step out pretty early, but Wentz had such an awful start, and looks like he was able to game manager the rest of the way with a few of those improvisations. Which is good, and also good to know that when he isn't the best player on this team the Eagles can still beat elite teams.

With Dallas though I think it comes down to if our D is the one of Weeks 1-3 and yesterday, or Weeks 5-6. And also how legit their D is. Their D has been stepping up huge lately. Stopping the Bears and 49ers aren't a big deal, but the Bengals and Packers are a different story. And, they're coming out of a bye so they'll be healthy. I feel like the magnitude of how much better their O is than our O is higher than the magnitude of of how much better our D is than their D. If our D can step up and our OL can largely keep Wentz clean like yesterday, I think they can win. If not, Cowboys gonna own the division. Predicting an Eagles win though because Eagles win in Dallas and Cowboys win in Philly.

Also shoutout to Big V, dude stepped up big against one of the best DLs in football after that disastrous first performance. Still needs a lot of work, and he's nowhere near LJ, but the improvement was remarkable.

RBH

7x9Nzj8.png

Sanjuro hanging out with Grover

bionic77

Brady owns the Steelers. You just have to accept it. Only person who owns them more is Gronk.
The Dolphins just beat the shit out of us too.

We are playing with a 2nd string qb and our defense is decimated with injuries.

Also, fuck the Pats. They are cheating scumbags and Trump supporters. I don't accept anything they do because it is all tainted.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck football.

So much doom and gloom around here, let me cheer y'all up

Miami has the Dolphins
The Greatest Football Team
We take the ball from goal to goal
Like no one's ever seen
We're in the air, we're on the ground
We're always in control
And when you say Miami
You're talking Super Bowl

'Cause we're the...

Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One.
Yes we're the...
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One

See, all better :D

Zeke

You degenerates ready for Dak vs. Wentz on Sunday night? I'll gladly accept the results of Sunday's game-If the Cowboys win.

If this season comes down to Cowboys vs. Patriots in the SB then just call me Jerry Jr. I'll be right there with Chris rooting for the 'boys to give Romo his first ring.

*vomits uncontrollably*

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yesterday's slate of games was boring as fuck outside of like 2 or 3 games at best. No wonder ratings are down.

This might be the first year ever that of the pro sports I'm more excited for the NBA than the NFL or MLB.

Jarnet87

Colin Coopernickel could only muster 143 yards in the air against Chris Conte and the Bucs. That is an embarrassment to the game of football. Bring back Blaine Gubbo. Chip go back to college.

Tom Penny

I hate football.

Fuck you football.
Pats played like garbage. If Ben played it might have been a different outcome. I enjoy Tomlin continuing to l try long FG's at Heinz. It's almost like he's not a good coach... The challenge was even better lol

Damn, nice post, Chris.

It is funny how this is by far the happiest I've been as a Dolphins fan in at least a year yet everyone else is all depressed.

You mean Dak. We all know that even if Romo comes back one sack and he'll be gone for the year.
Well yeah, he'd get a ring warming the bench. Thought that was implied.

bionic77

Pats played like garbage. If Ben played it might have been a different outcome. I enjoy Tomlin continuing to l try long FG's at Heinz. It's almost like he's not a good coach... The challenge was even better lol
I agree that the Pats did not play well.

I don't know the reason for it. Did the Cheat just lay down because he knew it was a guaranteed win saving his special stuff (this means great coaching in NE and next level cheating everywhere else) for later in the season? Did the Steelers find a way to counter the Pats cheating technologies? Are the Pats just frauds who are not much better than the Dolphins of Miami? I really don't know the answer to these questions. I know we did make it close with Landry fucking Jones at qb for a little while.

I can't explain for Tomlin going to long FGs at Heinz. He has been there long enough to know that anything close to 50 and up is very fucking iffy. Especially if you are kicking to the open side of the stadium. One day he will understand this. Probably around the same time that Belichick stops cheating and being a enormous cuntbag.

Tom Penny

Damn, nice post, Chris.

It is funny how this is by far the happiest I've been as a Dolphins fan in at least a year yet everyone else is all depressed.

Well yeah, he'd get a ring warming the bench. Thought that was implied.
All my dolphin fan friends are currently happy yet they know it's all just going to end in a worse draft pick and sadness.

They didn't play like garbage though. They dropped everyone on coverage and made Jones beat them passing.

cdyhybrid

#Brocktober continues tonight, friends!

I think SEA has a very good defense, but I'm not so sure they don't also have a mediocre offense as long as Wilson is hobbled.

The kicker stuff is funny, but I have no idea what it means. The Cards kicker looked like a defeated man on the sidelines. How can they have confidence in him the rest of the year?

Calling our offense mediocre at the moment would be the glass-half-full approach.

Like I mentioned last night, they can't/won't run the ball enough, they can't get open for quick passes, and they can't pass block. So they have to pray the OL holds up long enough for Russell to find someone deep.

Top Bottom