• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 7 [OT] - Challenge of the SuperFrauds

Ravens are an abomination. Four straight losses, yet they're sitting in second with a chance for first if they beat the Steelers this week. The AFC North is a trash fire.

Ravens will lose to Pitt this week. I honestly don't see any possible wins on the schedule except for the Pats, who the Ravens always play tight.

Fuck Flacco

SuperBowl 🐐 Flacco

Striker

Ed Valentine hits the nail on the head in so far as the Giants offense:

This is not the offense of the last two years and the crazy thing - they have more talent! They have more playmakers! If you're a Giants fan, you're scratching your head in disbelief. The defense is being hung out to dry in these games given how lopsided the time of possession has been in these games.

Also, did McAdoo honestly put an injured Odell Beckham to field punts after Harris went down? Da fuq, bro?
Then they need to do address the line by inserting Will Beatty somehow, and truthfully, end the charade with Larry Donnell. I would say sign a FB and cut a LB but I know that won't happen. They try running the ball without a true blocking TE and without a fullback. What do you expect? Pugh is playing great, Jerry hasn't been too shabby, but the rest have been meh, although I don't think Hart has played any worse than Newhouse.

Give Jerell Adams more time and try to integrate more of Perkins in there. Without Shane, he's the only back in there who can create some plays with his legs and has a quick burst.

Seeing Giants mentioned as having an interest in Joes Staley and Thomas but wonder how serious that is.

Yeah I couldn't believe Mac would even put OBJ out there on ST. What the hell? Roger Lewis stepped it up though.

Absolutely. You can see the blueprint developing which is very high praise for a first year HC. Next up is learning how to sustain that.

What are your thoughts on Miller vs. Ajayi?

I like Jay with our Oline more than Miller, Miller had (has?) the issue of going down quickly after contact while Jay just runs over people and keeps pushing plus he's been reading the blocking really well. I mean look at this:

@ArmandoSalguero 25m25 minutes ago
Adam Gase says Jay Ajayi been so decisive that even when blocks are wrong up front, he makes it right.

Miller is a more finesse runner, better in the open field and I think once we start using Grant more on offense he can be that type of back.

And did you see Tannehill feel the left side pressure and run right for that key third down throw to Landry? I loved it.

cdyhybrid

Seeing Giants mentioned as having an interest in Joes Staley and Thomas but wonder how serious that is.
Everyone with issues on offense will be "interested" in those guys until the trade deadline. The real question is what's the price tag and can/will they be willing to pay it.

Striker

Yeah I couldn't believe Mac would even put OBJ out there on ST. What the hell? Roger Lewis stepped it up though.
If the Giants are serious about winning now (and they are, hence the money spent on defense), they should absolutely consider it. I wouldn't give a 1st for Staley like the rumor says, though. TE is in dire shape as well but I believe just giving more snaps to Tye + Adams is helluva lot better than somersault Larry causing more problems.

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Sources: Based on initial MRI, belief is that #Jets QB Geno Smith tore his ACL. Incredible. Players in the locker room are learning about it

BRB, flying to NJ to try out for the Jets

bionic77

Steelers didn't lose because of Gronk. They lost because they couldn't contain Blount the deserter.
Miami ran all over us last week as well.

We are dying on defense and just have a ton of injuries overall. Hope Heyward can come back 100% and soon...

I have a bad feeling that despite the potential and talent on this team we may never get a chance to put it all together because of injuries.

Torn ACL for Geno.

Meanwhile Ryan Fitzpatrick, a journeyman QB, who somehow put himself in a contractual standoff with the Jets over the offseason, acted yesterday like the team threw him under the bus for throwing like eight picks in one game...

Hackenberg must REALLY not be NFL ready.

You're out of control. Jbug get the Michigan shirt.
So no?

Also Jbug... ignore his request.. I had a terrible weekend. Let's not make this week terrible

‏@RapSheet
Sources: Based on initial MRI, belief is that #Jets QB Geno Smith tore his ACL. Incredible. Players in the locker room are learning about it

Send out Hack.

Jets, you have his number...

0120-810x491.jpg

Call this man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Steelers didn't lose because of Gronk. They lost because they couldn't contain Blount the deserter.

Blount. He walks off the Steelers sideline two years ago and goes straight back to the Asterisks (with a playbook in tow no doubt).
Blount the Pittsburgh Legend was cut.

Torn ACL for Geno.

Meanwhile Ryan Fitzpatrick, a journeyman QB, who somehow put himself in a contractual standoff with the Jets over the offseason, acted yesterday like the team threw him under the bus for throwing like eight picks in one game...

poor Bryce Petty, already forgotten

Trey

Absolutely. You can see the blueprint developing which is very high praise for a first year HC. Next up is learning how to sustain that.

What are your thoughts on Miller vs. Ajayi?

Ajayi is the perfect runner for the offensive scheme you're running. Singleback zone blocking (like Dallas), lots of cut back lanes. His legs keep moving, really wears on a defense. hard to tackle. but it all starts with the line. Masterful performance from that unit yesterday, Gase himself could've found success running behind that blocking. Rex had no answers, better team that day won.

Rex overthought himself on both sides of the ball, starting Mccoy was a critical error.

Huh, how about that. Just listened to yesterday's ATNFL podcast and Chris Wesseling said the Cardinals had "thoroughly outplayed" the Seahawks up to the point where the chip shot FG was missed.

Cardinals had 18 first downs to Seattle's 4 with a minute to go in the game. David Johnson had more yards than the entire Seattle offense. But I'm crazy for suggesting that Seattle was lucky to get out with a tie.

And did you see Tannehill feel the left side pressure and run right for that key third down throw to Landry? I loved it.
Totally, that was one of the most important plays of the game. Threw it across his body and hit Landry on the run through a tiny window.

Ajayi is the perfect runner for the offensive scheme you're running. Singleback zone blocking (like Dallas), lots of cut back lanes. His legs keep moving, really wears on a defense. hard to tackle. but it all starts with the line. Masterful performance from that unit yesterday, Gase himself could've found success running behind that blocking. Rex had no answers, better team that day won.

Rex overthought himself on both sides of the ball, starting Mccoy was a critical error.
And when's the last time you can say any of that? Haven't seen the Dolphins push around a Rex team in ages. The Dolphins were a finesse team under Philbin which is why the Jets/Bills almost always beat up on them with Rex as the HC. All of a sudden the Gase future has me excited.

Fox318

‏@RapSheet

Jets had 4 qbs to start the year and for some reason they won't let petty or hack even dress

cdyhybrid

Huh, how about that. Just listened to yesterday's ATNFL podcast and Chris Wesseling said the Cardinals had "thoroughly outplayed" the Seahawks up to the point where the chip shot FG was missed.

Cardinals had 18 first downs to Seattle's 4 with a minute to go in the game. David Johnson had more yards than the entire Seattle offense. But I'm crazy for suggesting that Seattle was lucky to get out with a tie.

Totally, that was one of the most important plays of the game. Threw it across his body and hit Landry on the run through a tiny window.

And when's the last time you can say any of that? Haven't seen the Dolphins push around a Rex team in ages. The Dolphins were a finesse team under Philbin which is why the Jets/Bills almost always beat up on them with Rex as the HC. All of a sudden the Gase future has me excited.
Well, I guess that settles it. Chris Wessling's analysis is bulletproof!

Like I said, if you want to prop up empty yards with zero points as quality play, you do you.

Trey

like i said, better team that day won. Bills up 17-6, pretty much everyone thought the game was over. Dolphins dominated the rest of the way. Bills got punched in the mouth, we'll see whether they learn from it. flip side is that as much as the dolphins dominated in the trenches, they had a bunch of dumb penalties and still could have lost. Tannehill's game winning TD was a horrible throw, Stills bailed him out. reminds me a lot of the Bills last year; these teams have a way to go but they both have talent.

either of them could beat the pats if they just play their game. gotta get outta their own way though, and need more consistent qb play.

Well, I guess that settles it. Chris Wessling's analysis is bulletproof!

Like I said, if you want to prop up empty yards with zero points as quality play, you do you.
No, more that you have to be consistent and say he's being hyperbolic as well (kas).

Is your argument that a team can't be outplayed if they get the win/tie? Because I think that's an understandable argument if you take a super literal definition of "outplayed" (score more points). Otherwise it's hard to argue that the Cardinals weren't the better team yesterday by a fair margin.

Torn ACL for Geno.

After what Fitz said yesterday, surprised he still has a job, other Jets QBs must be complete shit...

cdyhybrid

No, more that you have to be consistent and say he's being hyperbolic as well (kas).

Is your argument that a team can't be outplayed if they get the win/tie? Because I think that's an understandable argument if you take a super literal definition of "outplayed" (score more points). Otherwise it's hard to argue that the Cardinals weren't the better team yesterday by a fair margin.
My point is they scored three points in regulation. In my opinion, you didn't outplay anyone if you scored three points in regulation. There has to be a minimum level of production to qualify for "outplaying" someone, and the Cards were not there. Both offenses were dog shit (partially because they were playing great defenses). If you consider 98% dog shit to be outplaying 99% dog shit, go for it.

Grover Cleveland's Official Sports Rankings

1) Baseball
2) Football (played with your feet)
3) Basketball
11) Tennis
23) Lacrosse
67) Luge
101) Archery
140) Football (played with your hands)

My point is they scored three points in regulation. In my opinion, you didn't outplay anyone if you scored three points in regulation. There has to be a minimum level of production to qualify for "outplaying" someone, and the Cards were not there. Both offenses were dog shit (partially because they were playing great defenses). If you consider 98% dog shit to be outplaying 99% dog shit, go for it.
Okay so you're literally looking at nothing but points scored. From now on I'll make a point to not discuss games with you outside of the final score as other stats clearly don't exist to you.

cdyhybrid

Okay so you're literally looking at nothing but points scored. From now on I'll make a point to not discuss games with you outside of the final score as other stats clearly don't exist to you.
I'm sorry for looking at the things that actually determine the outcome of the game instead of trying to analyze the big random number generator in the sky.

Teams that "outplay" their opponent lose. It happens every week. It's not luck. If they actually outplayed them they would have won. This isn't rocket science.

I'm sorry for looking at the things that actually determine the outcome of the game instead of trying to analyze the big random number generator in the sky.

Teams that "outplay" their opponent lose. It happens every week. It's not luck. If they actually outplayed them they would have won. This isn't rocket science.
Fine. Like I said, won't bother discussing stats with you from now on outside of the final score.

j-wood

It's awesome that the titans STILL can't fucking get out of their own way.

We take the lead, defensive just really needs a stop with how our running game has been.

Nah, let luck go all the way down the field and score.

That's fine, offense gets the ball back with 2 minutes, score and we win.

Nah, fumble it and give the colt's defense a TD.

Fucking trash. Mularky should have never been hired.

cdyhybrid

Obtuse is looking at basic stats like first downs and yards and talking about a random number generator.

Never knew it was such a revolutionary idea to suggest the final score of a game doesn't always tell the whole story.
I never said it did. I'm just wondering how putting up more yards automatically means you're the better team and should have won the game.

You have to look at the team's performance as a whole. Yes, you put up more yards, but did you get points out of it? Did you get stuffed in the red zone? Did you turn the ball over? Did you fuck up on special teams?

Top Bottom