• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admit the team got worse each year. We started year 2 9-3 and then missed the playoffs, and completely fell off a cliff year 3 once Chip had full control. Our defense was also gassed the 2nd half of every season, which led to us getting blown out of games when it actually mattered. Idk, I wanted to see Chip get more time, but I understand why he was fired.

Chip went 10-6 each of his first 2 years and that is with his starting QB going down both years. Not sure how many coaches could overcome that. It wasn't Chip's fault that the OL had been neglected for years, or that Howie couldn't find any help in the secondary. Chip got one offseason to try and fix all of Howies mistakes while also trying to find a starting QB. It was an impossible task for one single offseason. If Lurie had just given him one more offseason to try and fix things I think we would have seen some good results.

Pepiope

Chip went 10-6 each of his first 2 years and that is with his starting QB going down both years. Not sure how many coaches could overcome that. It wasn't Chip's fault that the OL had been neglected for years, or that Howie couldn't find any help in the secondary. Chip got one offseason to try and fix all of Howies mistakes while also trying to find a starting QB. It was an impossible task for one single offseason. If Lurie had just given him one more offseason to try and fix things I think we would have seen some good results.
Chip created more holes than he fixed. If he had it his way we'd have Marcus Mariota and a roster full of nobodies. We'd be the Colts with a worse QB.

It's just the nature of the NFL.

There's only a handful of teams that keep a coach on when the team under-performs to the owner's expectations.

Bare in mind there's only 5 active head coaches with a winning percentage below .500 with their current team... Hue Jackson (1 season), John Fox (2 seasons), Doug Pederson (1 season), Mike Mularky (2 seasons), Jay Gruden (3 seasons), Todd Bowles (2 seasons).

Kelly's winning percentage of 55.3% with the Eagles puts him right in the "hot seat" pack. Coaches right around that percentage are Marvin Lewis, Mike Zimmer, Ron Rivera, Jason Garret, Jim Kaldwell... Other than Ron Rivera, none of those guys' jobs are really safe. Garret seemingly has a safe position, yet every off season there's rumors of him leaving Dallas or Dallas getting rid of him.

gutshot

While I was as big a Chip Kelly fan as anyone, I had no problem with them letting him go when they did. He absolutely gutted the roster of talent and given another year, I shudder to think how much worse the Eagles would look right now.

DI_M-4ZWsAAbs_d.jpg

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
More
Bucs-Dolphins game likely to be rescheduled for Week 11 (Nov. 19), when both teams have a bye, per @JeffDarlington. Not final but likely.

God Dammit.

Bucs and Dolphins have to play their first games against teams who have already played and (presumably) shaken off all the offseason rust.

Obviously the hurricane is the bigger issue, but this really blows from a football standpoint.

Pepiope

Why cant the game just be moved somewhere else? Worse case scenario just play without fans like the O's did and the Chargers will do all year.

Why cant the game just be moved somewhere else? Worse case scenario just play without fans like the O's did and the Chargers will do all year.

Seems like the super obvious solution. Atlanta and New Orleans are on the road on Sunday. If they don't do it I assume the reason is some money and greed type thing.

Gigglepoo

Doesn't a bye week exist because players need to rest from participating in such a physically demanding sport? Taking away a team's bye is so dangerous the NFLPA should vehemently protest.

As if this season couldn't get any worse for Miami, just keep pouring it on Football gods, who know what Bill sacrificed to them to keep us away

Doesn't a bye week exist because players need to rest from participating in such a physically demanding sport? Taking away a team's bye is so dangerous the NFLPA should vehemently protest.

If they wanted the bye week to be fair they should have all teams play 8 weeks, off a week, then play 8.

Zee-Row

Banned
The Bucs having to play 16 straight weeks is fucking garbage. Just okay a neutral game in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I think my Bears' defense will be surprisingly good this season, but our impotent offense will keep them on the field for too long and everyone will end up injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom