• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

You can only quote this post if your team is undefeated.

suA0Jej.gif

He rushing a lot of throws and seems like he's seeing phantom rushers, and I can't blame him. He was destroyed by Chris Baker last year against Washington and I don't think he's forgotten it.

Yes, John Jerry allowed that hit too. He's still starting in 2017.
Pretty much. Bobby Hart had an awful game last night as well. Flowers had a bad snap or two but held up pretty decently against a middling defensive line. I want to see more when he goes up against quality rushers before I can say he's improved or not.

Right now, the Giants have a left guard and center. Every other position on the offensive line is in flux. Either those players improve or there will be have to be a serious rebuild/rethink of the line for 2018.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Eli hasn't played well either but I'm not ready to put a fork in him until the team gets its act together with what's in front of him.

Also, the play calling is still iffy as fuck. Darkwa/Perkins had run calls every time they were on the field. Vereen was a pass 100% of the time he took the field. The predictability of this offense continues to be an issue. If you're a defense sitting down to prepare for the Giants offense - it must feel like a week off at this point.:/

All of that having been said, the Giants defense was on the field for 40 minutes last night and still didn't give up 20 points. That's a pretty damned good night for that group who was totally let down.

Camwi

I'm worried that the only reason the Packers defense looked good yesterday was because Seattle's offensive line is hot garbage. Once Seattle actually put together any kind of momentum it felt like the Packers secondary was powerless. So I'm worried that Atlanta is going to make Swiss cheese out of the Packers next week.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I just assume that the Packers secondary is going to be college-tier every year now

Yeah, but there were at least a few plays where Wilson had some time to throw and nobody was open. I think the secondary will keep the Falcons in check, as long as they focus on Julio.

this_guy

Texans fan checking in. I rarely post on game day because the thread moves too fast and I rather watch football with real life friends than online video game nerds.

Anyways, the offensive line was expected to be terrible, but somehow they're worst than we could possibly think. Good job on GM Rick Smith to dig in his heels and not get Duane Brown back on the field. That doesn't fix the other tackle position nor the 2 guards but at least it's something.

Savage looked bad, but we can't see what he's capable of behind this line. He's willing to stand in the pocket and take the hit but behind this line that's all he'll do. Watson's mobility makes him the starter going forward.

The defense looked lost. That's on Vrabel.

And worst of all, no free McNuggets, no moster taco, and no 40% discount (limit 1 item) at Palais Royale.

LJ11

*Looks over list created yesterday*
Rams
Colts
Texans(for letting Deshaun grow/learn purposes)
Giants
Bills

Those definitely, actually like 3 of them won't at all so...

LamePride, why would the Bills consider Kap when they have Tyrod? Why do you put down one black athlete that's a decent QB and every bit as good as Kap, just so Kap can find a home?

Ronin

I can't entirely figure out why but I feel like the Packers were kind of lucky yesterday. Seattle hung around in that game way too long even though it felt like the Packers were mostly dominating that game.
The whole time I was expecting the usual Seattle pulling a win out of their ass at the last minute.

effzee

Did racism go away overnight while I was sleeping?

No but desperation came back. I'm looking at you Hou, Indy, and Cincy.

Which teams currently have a bad QB that would upgrade to a mediocre QB?

More like from a horrid QB to a legit starter in the league.

Still sucks, looks like he's out til November at best.

Depending how far along Douglas is and when they expect Sidney Jones back, I'd hold him out until after the bye.

Texans fan checking in. I rarely post on game day because the thread moves too fast and I rather watch football with real life friends than online video game nerds.

Anyways, the offensive line was expected to be terrible, but somehow they're worst than we could possibly think. Good job on GM Rick Smith to dig in his heels and not get Duane Brown back on the field. That doesn't fix the other tackle position nor the 2 guards but at least it's something.

Savage looked bad, but we can't see what he's capable of behind this line. He's willing to stand in the pocket and take the hit but behind this line that's all he'll do. Watson's mobility makes him the starter going forward.

The defense looked lost. That's on Vrabel.

And worst of all, no free McNuggets, no moster taco, and no 40% discount (limit 1 item) at Palais Royale.

3 starts, 0 TDs, 1 pick. You've seen what he's capable of.

top 5 QBs in the league now:

1) Alex
2) Matt Stafford
3) Jared Goff (and rising)
4) Phillip Rivers
5) Carr

It's time for these old past their prime fucks like Brady, Eli and Dalton to step aside and let the New Generation in.

Kap isn't a legit starter anymore unless the bar for legit starter has been lowered more than i realize

Savage had people sticking up for him for at least 2 seasons (last year and this to the point he started game 1 and potentially has to game 2 at least)
Glennon
Tolzien
Bortles
Eli scored 0 points
Dalton scored 0 points and couldn't even get his team to FG range
McCown
Hoyer

I'd start Kaep over any of them Week 2. In a heartbeat. Without a second thought, or a second of thought.

Eli's the only one I think could still be anything in the league. Dalton's never making playoffs again. Nobody else should be above backup-tier

Sephzilla

Did you watch week 1?
Savage had people sticking up for him for at least 2 seasons (last year and this to the point he started game 1 and potentially has to game 2 at least)
Glennon
Tolzien
Bortles
Eli scored 0 points
McCown
Hoyer

I'd start Kaep over any of them Week 2. In a heartbeat. Without a second thought, or a second of thought.

.........okay good point

Imagine telling someone a week ago the Rams scored the most points lmfao

On PFT this morning they had a discussion on which NFL team had the worst roster. Minus Luck they were saying that the Colts and Jets were about even. The Jets intentionally got rid of talent to help them tank while the Colts were supposedly trying to make the playoffs this year. It is nuts what a terrible job the Colts have done building a team around Luck.

Not feeling great about the Vikebike tonight.

Sammys got this, don't worry.

Please please please be better OL

Glennon
Tolzien
Bortles
Eli scored 0 points
McCown
Hoyer

Kaep over Eli? Come on now. I genuinely agree with the rest but that's ridiculous.

Kaep over Eli? Come on now. I genuinely agree with the rest but that's ridiculous.

As I said, Kaep and Eli scored the same amount of points yesterday

You and I scored the same amount of points yesterday as Eli

If you attribute that to "Eli needs Odell healthy to succeed", how can you argue Kaep couldn't also benefit from throwing to Odell?

Playoff Eli is the greatest of all time. You don't give that up.

Do you think they make the playoffs again? At least this year?

Nothing they showed last night has me thinking that, with or without Odell. And if they're dependent that much on a non-QB player, they're already fucked and should be thinking beyond the Eli Years

As I said, Kaep and Eli scored the same amount of points yesterday

You and I scored the same amount of points yesterday as Eli

If you attribute that to "Eli needs Odell healthy to succeed", how can you argue Kaep couldn't also benefit from throwing to Odell?

So one game is enough to say Kap = Eli got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom