• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneHeero

Was an ugly game from cowboys, something about the Giants Dline that gets them. Frederick had fits against Snacks, that is one powerful man to get Frederick out of position

I agree to an extent, but only because I'm used to this from previous years. They march down the field only to settle for 3, every fkn time. I felt that Dak was forcing balls to Bryant and looked inaccurate in doing so. I fell asleep by the 3rd quarter though.

LJ11

I'm going to do everything I can to savor this week of the Bills being #1 in the AFC East.

That said, if McCoy gets hurt the team is dead...

Yup, was stupid what they did to the RB depth. At least last season they schemed up option runs and let Tyrod block defenders, it almost felt like we could sub anyone in and they would churn some yards. Karlos in 2015, Gilly in 2016, now it's all on Shady.

TE's are going to eat in that system too, forgot how easy it is for them.

Question, how does PFF grade Landon Collins as only giving up 1 reception for 3 yards when the Witten TD was on a post when Collins was the single high defender? Guess that's a question for them and not us, but it makes no sense.

dionysus

Yaldog
With the Vikings this year I have told myself that there's no way the offensive line can be worse than it was last year. But seeing teams who had trouble last year on the offensive line continue to have trouble this year, I think that is not necessarily so

If the Saints give the Vikings o-line trouble it means you have a bad line. We will see tonight. Saints had good sack numbers in the preseason but we played the Browns, Texans, Chargers, and Ravens. Saints got worse on the d-line with Fairley going out for the heart trouble, but probably improved in rushing from the new linebackers. Talent wise we should have a below average rush.

I agree to an extent, but only because I'm used to this from previous years. They march down the field only to settle for 3, every fkn time. I felt that Dak was forcing balls to Bryant and looked inaccurate in doing so. I fell asleep by the 3rd quarter though.

Lot of situations last night that easily called for Zeke and Garrett would rather placate Dez's ego. Same shit happened the second meeting last season.

Good morning

I have the solution for the Texans. Trade for the only qb that BoB has ever had success with:

940x.jpg
HoKessler for a 4th, who says no?

Come on Mech, Dega, Squicken.. we have made good deals so far in the past.

The Monday after the first game is always great here.

I don't know if there's ever as large of a group on GAF where people really sit and reflect on what they're doing with their lives than when the realization hits that their shitty team is still shitty yet another season.

I imagine Browns fans sitting around looking at all of their Browns stuff and wondering what's it all for? Bears fans sitting outside on the stoop smoking a cigarette staring blankly into space wondering if they can put up with this shit for another year. Bengals fans clutching their Andy Dalton jersey and feeling betrayed over broken promises of a supposedly elite quarterback.

The existential crisises can be cut with a knife!
I mean.. I was bummed, but not depressed after yesterday. We didn't have Myles playing because fat footed Erving fucked him up (can I get a fuck Ray Farmer Browns-GAF? He haunts us from the grave).

I am respecting the process because we have looked a fuckton worse than yesterday and maybe we will have a top 15 pick from Houston if they don't improve at all (I'm sorry Mech and everyone, I didn't want you all to fail like Philly last season honestly).

MechDX

Texans fault for sticking Tom Savage in there. Dude has never thrown a touchdown pass. Not one.

Forcing a young QB who's not ready into the game is a bad decision. Doing so when the offensive line is Swiss cheese is playing Russian roulette. Doing both of those things two quarters into the season makes you look like an indecisive fool who doesn't know how to evaluate the QB position. The whole situation is ridiculous

I said yesterday you cant put Watson in! Now he is hurt

Savage was pressured nearly 80% if his drop backs. 80%! Hopkins got paid and forgot how to catch the damn ball. Savage wasnt completely not at fault but he got almost zero help yesterday

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 43m43 minutes ago
More
One complicating issue for the #Texans & their QB choice: Source says Deshaun Watson was spotted limping with an ankle injury. Short week.

Bronx-Man

Banned

I don't know if there's ever as large of a group on GAF where people really sit and reflect on what they're doing with their lives than when the realization hits that their shitty team is still shitty yet another season.

I imagine Browns fans sitting around looking at all of their Browns stuff and wondering what's it all for? Bears fans sitting outside on the stoop smoking a cigarette staring blankly into space wondering if they can put up with this shit for another year. Bengals fans clutching their Andy Dalton jersey and feeling betrayed over broken promises of a supposedly elite quarterback.

tumblr_o6glfso1x41ts0osto1_540.gif

I'm experiencing some serious Monday blues after that display the Bengals offense put on.

All of our offensive issues from last year were dialed up to 11, despite more talent and 100% healthy weapons.

How do you take an offense with AJ Green, Tyler Eifert, Tyler Boyd, Giovanni Bernard, Jeremy Hill, and Joe Mixon and put up a goose egg on opening day.

Gio and Hill are bad, always have been. Your first pick in the draft was a WR, which historically has always taken the second longest position to develop into what they'll be in the future, and you still added no depth to WR since losing Jones and Sanu two offseasons ago.

The real issue is your dumbass front office let two of the best linemen in the game walk. That's why you guys put up a goose egg and that's why the Bengals are going to be the Bungals all year. Dalton is nothing without some time in the pocket. He won't be getting that at ALL this year.

Don't be surprised when the Browns sweep you. Unlike your FO, they valued the o-line this offseason.

gutshot

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Eagles CB Ronald Darby is out 4-6 weeks with an dislocated ankle, sources say. No major ligament damage. Surprisingly good news.

Thank god!

bionic77

You know who doesn't give a fuck?

The JCBs because we ain't about this shit no more!

I took a nap and watched a horrible tennis match yesterday. Tennis!

Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty because the bois are free at last!

Sephzilla

I can't entirely figure out why but I feel like the Packers were kind of lucky yesterday. Seattle hung around in that game way too long even though it felt like the Packers were mostly dominating that game.

Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty because the bois are free at last!

Yes Federer played great didn't he?

Greg

hello, bionic - I hope you are well

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I can't entirely figure out why but I feel like the Packers were kind of lucky yesterday. Seattle hung around in that game way too long even though it felt like the Packers were mostly dominating that game.

On the other hand it was weird to see the Packers do better in the second half for a change. Well the offense anyway.

Defense still can't stop the 2 minute offense.

Camwi

I'm already prepared for the ass kicking inbound for the Packers next week

Falcons didn't look too hot against the Bears, and the Packers' defense was phenomenal against the Seahawks.

I feel better about this matchup now than I did before the season started.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I said yesterday you cant put Watson in! Now he is hurt

Savage was pressured nearly 80% if his drop backs. 80%! Hopkins got paid and forgot how to catch the damn ball. Savage wasnt completely not at fault but he got almost zero help yesterday

Mobile QBs get hurt, its what they do. People on twitter were begging for Watson as if he was going to be much better behind that shit line.

Texans about to go 0-5 to start the season.

Sephzilla

On the other hand it was weird to see the Packers do better in the second half for a change. Well the offense anyway.

Defense still can't stop the 2 minute offense.

Well McCarthy didn't have a huge lead to sit on and become hyper conservative with, so he had to actually try in the second half for a change. The Packers always seem to play better in the 2nd half when the game isn't a blowout.

And yeah, that 2 minute offense stuff is why I think Atlanta is going to beat the tar out of us

Got power back at the office, so I drove over to finally watch the Packers game.

Rodgers looks a bit rusty, but he'll get there.

Ty looks good at RB (especially in the 2nd half).

Defense was good until they went pass heavy in the 4th.

MechDX

Mobile QBs get hurt, its what they do. People on twitter were begging for Watson as if he was going to be much better behind that shit line.

Texans about to go 0-5 to start the season.

Offensive issues are hiding the other issue. What the hell happened to the defense?

Got foolled on by Blake Bortles. Bort!

I feel like a fucking champion tbh.

Sephzilla

Falcons didn't look too hot against the Bears, and the Packers' defense was phenomenal against the Seahawks.

Got power back at the office, so I drove over to finally watch the Packers game.

Rodgers looks a bit rusty, but he'll get there.

Ty looks good at RB (especially in the 2nd half).

Defense was good until they went pass heavy in the 4th.

I'm worried that the only reason the Packers defense looked good yesterday was because Seattle's offensive line is hot garbage. Once Seattle actually put together any kind of momentum it felt like the Packers secondary was powerless. So I'm worried that Atlanta is going to make Swiss cheese out of the Packers next week.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I just assume that the Packers secondary is going to be college-tier every year now

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I still have the Falcons penciled in as a 6-10 team. Barely beating the fucking Bears doesn't change shit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom