• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli has always been the anti-Peyton. Sucks during the regular season and then goes Super Saiyan when it becomes playoff time

Playoff Eli is the greatest of all time. You don't give that up.

It's fun to say things.

Eli Manning 2016 Playoff record:

23 cmp 44 Att 299 Yards 1 TD 1 Pick. Giants scored 13 points, 0 in the 4th quarter.

Giants lost yesterday's game the second it was known Odell wouldn't play. They have NOTHING without him.

Tall4Life

Do you think they make the playoffs again? At least this year?

Nothing they showed last night has me thinking that, with or without Odell. And if they're dependent that much on a non-QB player, they're already fucked and should be thinking beyond the Eli Years
Giants have practically always been a bullshit team. You're greatly undervaluing Odell here. Without Odell on the field, the Cowboys just needed to double cover Brandon Marshall and they did. And the Cowboys defense is trash. But without Odell, they only needed to stop one receiver, really.

Brady without Edelman suffered a lot more than I'd say most of us expected but I wouldn't say that we should put Kaep in instead

If you have Kaep in, no Odell, that game against the Cowboys gets even worse. His best receiver would be double covered and that receiver isn't super great anyhow.

Sephzilla

Tom Coughlin leaving the Giants means they wont win another Super Bowl under the Eli Manning era. They wont have that resurgence because they don't need to save Tom's job every 4 years anymore

Tall4Life

It's fun to say things.

Eli Manning 2016 Playoff record:

23 cmp 44 Att 299 Yards 1 TD 1 Pick. Giants scored 13 points, 0 in the 4th quarter.

Giants lost yesterday's game the second it was known Odell wouldn't play. They have NOTHING without him.
I'm a Patriots fan. Playoff Eli is the greatest of all time. Who needs stats when you have every god and goddess from every religion on your side.
nc7pdm.gif

I'm a Patriots fan. Playoff Eli is the greatest of all time. Who needs stats when you have every god and goddess from every religion on your side.
nc7pdm.gif

Or

The Asterisks got beat twice by Joe Flacco the prototype.

Let's face it. The Giants defense dominated the Asterisks that first Super Bowl, and even then they were a handful of jersey and a dropped interception away from winning. Eli came through with the flukiest play possible. The 2011 Asterisks teams was not good, and was bested by the better overall team. At least Eli made some good throws in that one.

Draxal

Eli was good in 2007, one of the stories of that game was how the Pats dline was kicking the crap out of the Giants oline in that game.

Adalius Thomas especially was great iirc.

Out of 2008/2009 Giants olines weren't that great.

LJ11

Giants have practically always been a bullshit team. You're greatly undervaluing Odell here. Without Odell on the field, the Cowboys just needed to double cover Brandon Marshall and they did. And the Cowboys defense is trash. But without Odell, they only needed to stop one receiver, really.

Brady without Edelman suffered a lot more than I'd say most of us expected but I wouldn't say that we should put Kaep in instead

If you have Kaep in, no Odell, that game against the Cowboys gets even worse. His best receiver would be double covered and that receiver isn't super great anyhow.

The only guy that flashed for the Giants was Engram.

I look at the roster and the Giants have enough weapons, they're not scheming up enough easy throws, that's the biggest issue. They can't do shit with that OL, they're spreading out and going 5 wide on 3rd and 1.

Here's a good contrast to Dallas vs Giants. Late in the 4th the Cowboys go empty, easy for Dak to spot man coverage, plus they knew by that point how the Giants would defend an empty set. They bring Zeke back into the formation, Giants LB thinks he's in to just block so he goes green on the blitz for +1. Guess what they sneak Zeke to the backside, and it's an easy chunk play. I don't see this from the Giants.

Hopefully they improve, because even with Odell, that O is going be limited.

Bread

Banned
Tall did you just post a helmet catch gif

Why

That's what giants fans do and we aren't supposed to look when they do it

Dolphins asked to move London game back to Miami....

Even though the Miami Dolphins’ start to the season was disrupted by Hurricane Irma, the NFL dismissed inquiries by the Dolphins to move the Oct. 1 Saints game in London to Hard Rock Stadium.

“I asked,” Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said Monday, via email. “It will be played in London.”

But player safety ($) is too important

As I said, Kaep and Eli scored the same amount of points yesterday

You and I scored the same amount of points yesterday as Eli

If you attribute that to "Eli needs Odell healthy to succeed", how can you argue Kaep couldn't also benefit from throwing to Odell?
In Eli's defense, I attribute that to him actually needing an Oline that isn't trash. I think I agree with pretty much everyone else on your list. Eli has lost a step.. but he's not broken to the point like say.. Carson Palmer for example. That is a broken man completely.

So.. which Oline is worse? Seattle, Giants, or Houston should be the question of the day.

To be fair, he isn't a legit starter either.

Side note - The fact that Scott Tolzien has an NFL career astonishes me and does make me confused on how Kap doesn't have a job. Tolzien sucked even in college.
How are you gonna legit dog the best QB in Wisconsin history not named Russell?

Also somewhere Ez had an aneurism and he doesn't know why.

Lions punter is done, possibly for good

@AroundTheNFL
Injury roundup: Lions punter Kasey Redfern suffers torn ACL, MCL and partial tear of his patellar tendon

Eli was good in 2007, one of the stories of that game was how the Pats dline was kicking the crap out of the Giants oline in that game.

Adalius Thomas especially was great iirc.

Out of 2008/2009 Giants olines weren't that great.

??

2008 offensive line was one of the best in the league. The line started to decline in 2009 and was just about done by 2010.

Fox318

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/907004170171011072

Jeremy Rauch ✔ @FOX19Jeremy
Here's why Andy Dalton runs off...
One fan: "You suck."
Another throws hat at Dalton.
Another fan yells: "I want Carson back." #Bengals

I kinda feel sorry for the players and coaches.

They have the worst ownership in the NFL.

Whatever I may say about the jets at least he doesn't have family members working the scouting department.

Afrikan

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/907004170171011072

Jeremy Rauch ✔ @FOX19Jeremy
Here's why Andy Dalton runs off...
One fan: "You suck."
Another throws hat at Dalton.
Another fan yells: "I want Carson back." #Bengals

Pretty Accurate throw there by that fan.

Also someone linked video of Jet fans...and Holy Shit I guess I didn't know it gets this bad at games for home teams. One or two fans understandable..but...lol

I mean it was *only* halftime. D:
https://mobile.twitter.com/iExecute0rder66/status/907249067159379968

MechDX

Read a rumor at BRB about Duane Browns hold out. If true this does not make the Texans look good at all.

I dismissed it at first but now think there may be something to it

Draxal

Gotcha. My bad.

All good.

I'm trying to remember the most infuriating thing I remember as a Giants fan (people mention the Desean Jackson punt return but that didn't phase me at all).

The most infuriating thing I recall is when it was the last game of the season, Rich Seubert was doing an amazing job of center. They promptly put back an injured Shaun O'Hara because HE IS THE STARTER JUST LIKE JOHN JERRY, he sucks gets hurt again and as a domino effect Seubert got hurt and his career was effectively done.

Hindl

Still need to watch the game, but sounds like what I expected. Defense, especially DLine, is great, Doug's playcalling is bad, and Carson's impossible to bring down but his mechanics still need work, especially his deep ball accuracy.
You can only quote this post if your team is undefeated.
:)
I can feel it in my bones this year.. more than I did any year past
Let's get to double digit wins before saying undefeated

Still need to watch the game, but sounds like what I expected. Defense, especially DLine, is great, Doug's playcalling is bad, and Carson's impossible to bring down but his mechanics still need work, especially his deep ball accuracy.

:)

Let's get to double digit wins before saying undefeated

I really wonder if the deep ball accuracy is due to the fact that he barely had time with his new receivers and needs to work on the timing. Some were underthrown, some were overthrown. Is it just accuracy or also chemistry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom