• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he isn't a legit starter either.

Side note - The fact that Scott Tolzien has an NFL career astonishes me and does make me confused on how Kap doesn't have a job. Tolzien sucked even in college.

OK, Floyd summoned me in here to look at this post.

Speaking as someone who saw Tolzien play in person in college he most certainly didn't suck unless you're trying to compare him to NFL QBs. He won the Unitas Award for a reason. Should he ever be starting a game in the NFL? Of course not. But he was a very, very good college QB

Fantomex

No tear for Tuitt! Yay!

Mech is starting his conspiracy talk early this season.

Mech is calculating probabilities like:
Oo04a.gif

After watching the Giants I'm pretty sure the Eagles will win that game. There's NO WAY that offensive line can handle the Eagles base pass rush, so they can just stick double coverage on Odell the whole time. Even if they drop the game to KC they'll have a 2-1 start which would be pretty nice.

TI82

Banned
Is viewership down this season compared to last or is conservative media misleading people again? I keep seeing how it's because of the protesting during the anthem but it seems more likely because of the hurricanes.

Hindl

I really wonder if the deep ball accuracy is due to the fact that he barely had time with his new receivers and needs to work on the timing. Some were underthrown, some were overthrown. Is it just accuracy or also chemistry?

Someone with more knowledge can correct me, but while some of it is probably due to the new receivers, a lot of deep ball accuracy comes down to footwork and arm strength. I have to watch the game still but I'm going to bet for a lot of those deep throws he wasn't setting his feet properly. He seems more comfortable scrambling and playing backyard football anyway, which is alright for now. By the end of the year I hope he progresses more as a pocket QB though

What's the rumor?

I'm not going to say this is what he's talking about, and no matter what I can't stress enough that any consequence coming because of it isn't confirmed

What is confirmed is Duane protested the anthem at least once by standing, raising his fist, and bowing his head

mreddie

Is viewership down this season compared to last or is conservative media misleading people again? I keep seeing how it's because of the protesting during the anthem but it seems more likely because of the hurricanes.

Likely Irma and CBS was only 1 game for some cities but Nielsen Center is in Florida and they are offline for awhile.

Doomsayer

Or because the product is fucking terrible.

Pretty lackluster opening week so far; there was what, two exciting games? ATL vs CHI and PIT vs CLE.

What a time.

I'm hoping the fact my Cowboys beat a team we went 0-2 against last year bodes well for this season. I'm not expecting 13-3 but 10-6 or 11-5 and possibly a first round bye would be nice. Just gotta keep Zeke and our d-line healthy.

Someone with more knowledge can correct me, but while some of it is probably due to the new receivers, a lot of deep ball accuracy comes down to footwork and arm strength. I have to watch the game still but I'm going to bet for a lot of those deep throws he wasn't setting his feet properly. He seems more comfortable scrambling and playing backyard football anyway, which is alright for now. By the end of the year I hope he progresses more as a pocket QB though

I remember on one of the short throws specifically the pocket was collapsed and really tight around him so he couldn't fully step into the throw. The ones that were long could have been timing/chemistry.

I don't think it's arm strength. On the TD to Agholor he threw it 40+ yards without even setting his feet while on the run.

Doomsayer

I really like Lebaeu as a coordinator but he's way past his time. Time for another coordinator

The defense looked much improved though, especially the secondary. The Raiders are little farther along right now, but the Titans look to be pretty good this season, and can be great next season.

I do think they leaned on Mariota a little too much this game though.

I liked watching the raiders win ��

Obviously speaking as someone who isn't a fan of either of the teams. I like watching my team win regardless, but you get my point.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Are defensive linemen getting vastly better across the league? Because I can think of maybe three teams tops across the league from this week that had decent O-Lines

Doomsayer

Are defensive linemen getting vastly better across the league? Because I can think of maybe three teams tops across the league from this week that had decent O-Lines

I think a lot of this has to do with no one playing in the preseason anymore. Chemistry isn't really there week 1. Hopefully the quality of play goes up next week.

Doomsayer

College ball has been great. Y'all are free to start watching the superior version of the game at any time.

With no allegiance to any specific program, how would I go about watching good games? It seems like everything I try to watch ends up being a blow out 1 1/2 quarters in.

Hindl

I remember on one of the short throws specifically the pocket was collapsed and really tight around him so he couldn't fully step into the throw. The ones that were long could have been timing/chemistry.

I don't think it's arm strength. On the TD to Agholor he threw it 40+ yards without even setting his feet while on the run.
Eh arm strength doesn't necessarily mean you can throw the ball fall, but that you can throw the ball far fast. Weak-armed QBs can throw the ball 40+ yards, see Alex Smith on Thursday. But it'll float forever and can be inaccurate. Strong-armed QBs can throw the ball 40+ yards but it'll get there really quick and the ball will have a tight spiral. The Wentz to Agholor throw was pretty fast, but also pretty wobbly. He was on the run and couldn't set his feet but something to pay attention too
DL are getting better but OL are also getting vastly worse. OL aren't coming into the league ready for pro-style blocking anymore

BigAT

Lol wtf is this

I just looked up what it was and...WOW. There are rumors and then there are rumors. This would be the bombshell to end all bombshells.

This would be the end of the Texans as a franchise. I don't even feel comfortable thinking about it.

So the Texans only have around $4m in cap space for this year. What a disaster, at some point they have to sign Brown but they will need to restructure contracts to do so. Sucks for them that $10m of their cap for this year is going to Brock. That has to be the 2nd worst contract ever behind Flacco's.

Tom Penny

I believe Eli had never won a playoff game were the defense have up more then 20 points. I also believe he hasnt led the Giants to twenty points in like 7 straight games.

cdyhybrid

Superior where???
Not in Knoxville that's for sure 🐸☕

With no allegiance to any specific program, how would I go about watching good games? It seems like everything I try to watch ends up being a blow out 1 1/2 quarters in.
Just watch the big prime time games on the major networks. Games between ranked teams usually. Not a guarantee it won't be a blowout, but that's true in the NFL too.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I dont want to say it here but know this: if true in any way I am completely 100% done with the organization.

People here would blow it up and if it isnt true it still would never die

let me guess. they wont even negotiate with him about his contract because he raised his fist in support of BLM?

Nameless

Thank sweet baby Jesus Foster's injury doesn't look too serious. That really bummed me out yesterday on top of the ass kicking we took.

Afrikan

As a 9er fan and after 3 straight years of 1st round selections of Dlinemen..... I'll say no.

Hopefully we improve...feel kind of left out.

LionPride

Banned
Not in Knoxville that's for sure 🐸☕

Just watch the big prime time games on the major networks. Games between ranked teams usually. Not a guarantee it won't be a blowout, but that's true in the NFL too.

2-0 baby

Also cfb has such a mediocre product in comparison to the NFL that it made people paid to be scouts believe that Christian Hackenberg was a talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom