• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Would love to see a behind the scenes on how they are handling the logistics of using all That money.cant imagine being given millions and having to figure out how best to use it without any experience. I assume he has people volunteering with experience and with no overhead it must be pretty damn streamlined.

He is using his foundation that is run by his mother to utilize the money. He has also had discussions with Drew Brees from the Saints on how he handled the funds after Katrina.

ESPN Jeff Darlington did a story on it a couple days ago

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/904672591910125568

Also the 5 truck loads of supplies he gave out this past weekend were donated from Wisconsin near the area he grew up. The drivers and trucks who delivered it here were donated

Bowser

Might as well put these out there before the season starts:

NFC
1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Panthers
4. Giants
5. Falcons
6. Lions

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Titans
4. Chiefs
5. Chargers
6. Bengals

WC Weekend
Panthers over Lions
Falcons over Giants
Titans over Bengals
Chargers over Chiefs

Div Weekend
Panthers over Packers
Seahawks over Falcons
Patriots over Chargers
Steelers over Titans

Conf Champ Weekend
Seahawks over Panthers
Steelers over Patriots

SB LII
Seahawks over Steelers

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
AFC

E - *s, Mia, Buf, NYJ - someone's gotta finish second
N - Pitt, Cle, Cin, Bal - for BG
S - Ten, Hou(w), Jax, Ind - depends on Luck
W - Oak, KC (w), LAC, Den - Texans sneak the other wild card after these teams beat each other up

NFL

E - NYG, Dal(w), Was, Phi - if Eli can get a modicum of protection...IF
N - GB, Min, Det, Chi - Stafford literally eats his contract
S - Car, TB(w), Atl, NO - SB curse
W - Ari, SF, LAR, Sea -
just kidding, Seattle walks

SB

Pittsburgh 81, Fighting snes' 3

DonShula

Am I too late to bitch about the Week 11 reschedule of Dolphins-Bucs?

*checks previous page*

Well I'm still gonna do it anyway. This sucks.

*is no longer ready for some football*

Jeff-DSA

So weird. If the teams didn't share a bye week then they would have been forced to just move the venue, which means it's obviously an option. And both teams wanted to play this weekend, so why the hell is the NFL doing what no one wants them to do? What is the reason behind it?

I really don't know what the real the difference will be playing 16 straight and basically being a game behind everyone for the first 6 weeks or so. But it doesn't sound like it will be beneficial in any way. Every time I saw the Bucs schedule I thought "thank god they have a bye at that point"

Another week for this endless offseason too!

It sucks. They really should have put this on a neutral field for competitive reasons. Sure, Miami would be giving up a home game, but I bet they'd rather do that than give up their bye week.

LionPride

Banned
PLAYER SAFETY

*has players play 16 straight weeks with no breaks even though both teams are willing to play at a neutral site between Thursday and Monday*

PLAYER SAFETY WOOOO

Hunter S.

Brock is worse in almost every way except being bad. In that category he does beat kapernicus hands down.

Now, you can say well no one sign kap because it's not the right system for him. Why do the Seahawks have austin Davis as backup? Why does Joe Webb have a job?
Brock was signed for pennies. Knows the team and already played under Mike McCoy. The Broncos tried to sign Kapernick last year, but he wanted too much money. They only want a backup for about a month until Paxton Lych's throwing arm heals. The Broncos have said they do not want a fight for the starting qb position they need a guy that knows it is Seimian's team and Collin does not meet that.

Pay attention to details before comparing the two qbs because there is more to it than just signing the most talented qb available.

I really hope Michael Bennet gets the body cam footage released to the public. This is bullshit everyone needs to see. The fact that he's rich and famous might make it hit home for people that don't/won't care about the fact that it's happening to just about every black person.

Striker

OBJ is at practice. He did warmups and now doing some jogging on the side. I do expect him to play, even if he is a decoy.

MechDX

Brock was signed for pennies. Knows the team and already played under Mike McCoy. The Broncos tried to sign Kapernick last year, but he wanted too much money. They only want a backup for about a month until Paxton Lych's throwing arm heals. The Broncos have said they do not want a fight for the starting qb position they need a guy that knows it is Seimian's team and Collin does not meet that.

Pay attention to details before comparing the two qbs because there is more to it than just signing the most talented qb available.

The Elway is strong in Hunter

Gigglepoo

1. Seahawks
2. Packers
3. Falcons
4. Eagles
5. Bucs
6. Panthers

1. Patriots
2. Titans
3. Steelers
4. Raiders
5. Chargers
6. Chiefs

Packers over Raiders

All my picks are guaranteed to suck!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I really hope Michael Bennet gets the body cam footage released to the public. This is bullshit everyone needs to see. The fact that he's rich and famous might make it hit home for people that don't/won't care about the fact that it's happening to just about every black person.

Guarantee the body cam footage doesn't register or it wasn't turned on.

cdyhybrid

It won't even matter if there is footage.

Bread

Banned

If Siemian goes down and the Broncos are forced to start their backup they will be relieved to have a very talented guy who knows the system in Brock instead of a wildcard in Kaepernick who while is better in every way could cause trouble.

@APMarkLong
Among prop bets by @BettingDime: Jaguars QB Blake Bortles has 1/1 odds of getting benched in opener at Texans. Fournette 5/2 to get 100 rush

ed; Here's the image Kaep's girlfriend tweeted that the Ravens took offense to btw

0s1muQl.jpg

ed; Here's the image Kaep's girlfriend tweeted that the Ravens took offense to btw

0s1muQl.jpg
Is anyone, at any point in the Kaepernick saga, gonna address that his girlfriend and her agitating suggestions have probably been one of the biggest sources of everything that has come down on him?

Is anyone, at any point in the Kaepernick saga, gonna address that his girlfriend and her agitating suggestions have probably been one of the biggest sources of everything that has come down on him?

I hadn't seen her tweet before but that is absolutely horrific. She is definitely not helping his cause by doing stuff like that.

Yeah let's blame Colin and his girlfriend for the NFL blackballing him. If "agititating girlfriends on twitter" was what this was about, Brent Grimes wouldn't have a job.

Doomsayer

Yeah let's blame Colin and his girlfriend for the NFL blackballing him. If "agititating girlfriends on twitter" was what this was about, Brent Grimes wouldn't have a job.

It's seriously such a stupid fucking argument. People are so scared to call out other who make their favorite sport happen. Majority of the owners are racist shitbags and most of the fans are racist shitbags. Call a spade a spade.

Jeff-DSA

Brent Grimes has a job

He was dropped because of her, to be fair. Also, he's a better DB than Kaep is a QB. Not saying that Kaep isn't being blackballed and that the situation isn't ridiculous, but saying that Grimes wasn't affected by his wife's tweets is a little disingenuous.

LionPride

Banned
He was dropped because of her, to be fair. Also, he's a better DB than Kaep is a QB. Not saying that Kaep isn't being blackballed and that the situation isn't ridiculous, but saying that Grimes wasn't affected by his wife's tweets is a little disingenuous.
Brent is also 34

Kaepernick is 29 goin on 30 which is seen as a QB's "prime"

And again, Brent currently has a job despite his wife bein crazy as fuck

BigAT

I follow the NFL as close as anyone and I had no idea he even had a girlfriend, let alone the fact that she is apparently an "agitator" and ruining his career. It must be his girlfriend's retweets, not institutional racism.

Your point seems like some real stretching bullshit if I'm being honest.

What is disingenuous is the people bringing up Kaep's girlfriend at all. Let's be real, if Kaep didn't even have a girlfriend do you think he'd have a job right now?

Jeff-DSA

What is disingenuous is the people bringing up Kaep's girlfriend at all. Let's be real, if Kaep didn't even have a girlfriend do you think he'd have a job right now?

No, but it's just not helping the situation. There's a precedent of a player losing employment due to a wife or girlfriend. It's just something someone can point to to justify their reason for not giving him a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom