• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Is the Thursday night game going to be streamed on Amazon tommorow?

The opener is not one of the games to be streamed on Prime. Here are the Prime games:

amazon-nfl-schedule.jpg

Grexeno

Looking forward to the watching the gamble of a Steelers season totally depending on a healthy Big Ben with absolutely no viable back-up QB on the roster.
There is no such thing as a viable back-up. If your starter goes down you are in "just lucky to get the W" territory no matter who you are.

effzee

Is anyone, at any point in the Kaepernick saga, gonna address that his girlfriend and her agitating suggestions have probably been one of the biggest sources of everything that has come down on him?

LOL WTF? Teams actively didn't sign him for close to 6 months and now we are going to blame his GF?

And while it was stupid for her to post, this was after the Ravens owner publicly asked his fans for their opinion which was beyond hypocritical and asked the public to pray for them. Like they were about to sign a rapist or a murderer. Or Vick straight out of prison when the Eagles signed him no questions asked.

The reason she even posted that was because Ray Lewis came out telling Kap what he needs to do or not do to get signed.

My opinion on Kap is that the reason he doesn't have a job right now is actually not incredibly different from the reason Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL anymore. Yes, Kap's protest is absolutely affecting his job status, which sucks, but it's more than just the protest. Kap is still not a very good quarterback and there's enough statistical evidence to support it. Since he's been to a Super Bowl he's not going to be cheap. And he's not a conventional pocket passer, which makes him kind of worthless as a backup to a conventional quarterback since the offense would need to be restructured to suit him should Kap need to enter a game.

So basically, he's not getting a job for similar reasons to Tebow. Nobody wants an unconventional backup quarterback who isn't that good and has a media circus following him. Kap should get one more shot in the league, especially when you see some of the scrubs that keep getting chances, but I see why he isn't.

Except Tebow still received 3 chances after he was on the Broncos. He was on the Jets, Patriots, and the Eagles. Kaep is not even getting a 2nd chance.

The nonsense about he won't take less money is also just speculation on the part of fans and commentators who like to justify why racist owners aren't signing him.

"oh he won't take less money!"

"oh he is too good to be a backup but not good enough to be a starter"

"we would have to change our whole offense! he can't read a defense!"

Nevermind guys like Bortles can't lead a normal offense or read a defense to save their lives.

Wow. I was never a fan of Carton but that is pretty crazy.

Not a shock. Another hypocritical Trump supporter who bases Colin Kaepernick for taking a stance on racial equality but is cheating ppl on the side. Asshole him and Boomer.

Suspended for six games but of course he's allowed to play against the Giants. One of the highest rated games of the year. Shocker.

This is more due to the legal process than the NFL conspiring to allow him to play. Zeke or no Zeke, Giants Cowboys opening SNF was going to do amazing #s.

Hindl

The closer and closer we get to Week 1 the more I feel like the Eagles beat the Skins, even though they're probably not going to. Guess it's just me being a pessimist
Eagles could have the best roster in the league and the Skins could have the worst, but until the Eagles actually beat them, I won't believe they're capable of it

effzee

Chip created more holes than he fixed. If he had it his way we'd have Marcus Mariota and a roster full of nobodies. We'd be the Colts with a worse QB.

He took over in year 3. So if we are going to blame him for the holes he created, he also didn't get any time to fix them.

And LOL at the idea that Marcus Mariota would have been bad for the Eagles. They still gave up a king's ransom to get Wentz. They would have given up a buttload of picks for Mariota but still would have had Peters, Lane Johnson, and could have gone after FAs like they have in Alshon or Tory Smith.

Wentz might turn out to be an amazing all time QB but right now he is not better than Mariota. I'd take him over Wentz in a blink of an eye. Oh and he would have been just about the perfect QB for Chip to run his offense.

You have to admit the team got worse each year. We started year 2 9-3 and then missed the playoffs, and completely fell off a cliff year 3 once Chip had full control. Our defense was also gassed the 2nd half of every season, which led to us getting blown out of games when it actually mattered. Idk, I wanted to see Chip get more time, but I understand why he was fired.

He also lost his starting QB in both years. If Vick stays healthy they were a better team despite the #s Foles put up. Could have won that playoff game too.

No, you don't understand why he was fired because you refuse to acknowledge he was fired for reasons other than football.

If it was pure football, you don't give a coach full control of the FO after 2 years where you claim the team got worse, the D wore out, and the team regressed. You don't give him full control and presumably more than 1 off season to build, and then pull the plug before the season even finishes.

Why Lurie gave him full control I will never understand. Howie started this mess by firing personnel guys Chip wanted in the FO to work with Howie. Chip threatened to leave at which point if Lurie was seeing the product on the field regress, he should have said ok fuck you Chip you are out. No, he turned around and basically said "baby don't leave how can I make this better? Let me give you full control! Everything! I'll even put Howie in time out in an office down the hall away from you!"

fast fwd 6 months later and he is fired? WTF?

effzee

Also for the life of me, I don't get why the NFLPA is bitching and moaning about the power the commissioner has.

You really want to fight for the less than 5% of players who can't stop committing crimes? in the last CBA you won less practice and training camp time. You got more % of the revenue. But instead, now you want to give some of that up so you can limit the power Roger has to suspend shitstains who beat women and or commit other crimes.

Fuck D. Smith. You should have fought for this during the CBA talks.

Hindl

Chip got fired because the players didn't want to play for him anymore. That's the end of the story. It wasn't all of them, but enough of the players weren't happy with him

And LOL at the idea that Marcus Mariota would have been bad for the Eagles. They still gave up a king's ransom to get Wentz. They would have given up a buttload of picks for Mariota but still would have had Peters, Lane Johnson, and could have gone after FAs like they have in Alshon or Tory Smith.
They ended up trading two underperforming defensive players, a 2016 3rd and 4th, and a 2018 2nd while getting back a 2018 4th after the Bradford trade. Hardly a king's ransom

JABEE

If you look at every team in the league outside of the Cheats, they suck once their starting QB goes down.

Chip Kelly went 10-6 with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez as his quarterbacks. Think about that for a second.

I sometimes wonder what McCarthy would be without Rodgers. His teams fell off a cliff the seasons he went down to injury.

Tall4Life

If you look at every team in the league outside of the Cheats, they suck once their starting QB goes down.

Chip Kelly went 10-6 with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez as his quarterbacks. Think about that for a second.

I sometimes wonder what McCarthy would be without Rodgers. His teams fell off a cliff the seasons he went down to injury.
Well, we went from going undefeated in the regular season to not making the playoffs after Brady got hurt, and we got blown out by the Bills of all teams last season.

cdyhybrid

You mean if HundleyOF was starting?

Well, we went from going undefeated in the regular season to not making the playoffs after Brady got hurt, and we got blown out by the Bills of all teams last season.

Only reason you didn't make playoffs is because you lost tie break with Miami when we kicked your ass and we got first in the division.

Y'all still went 11-5 without brady.

Bill can win 10+ games with all that cheating.

Tall4Life

Only reason you didn't make playoffs is because you lost tie break with Miami when we kicked your ass and we got first in the division.

Y'all still went 11-5 without brady.

Bill can win 10+ games with all that cheating.

We had retained pretty much all of our lineup from the season before, not making the playoffs is a total joke even if it was a tie break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom