• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it's just not helping the situation. There's a precedent of a player losing employment due to a wife or girlfriend. It's just something someone can point to to justify their reason for not giving him a shot.

He'd be out of a job regardless and we both know it, so it might not be helping the situation, but it's not hurting it either, and I can already see it becoming the next talking point for people wanting to deflect from what this really is about, especially now that the "he's just not good enough!" excuse is harder to push when's Brock Osweiller's scrub ass is on chance number 4.

Jeff-DSA

He'd be out of a job regardless and we both know it, so it might not be helping the situation, but it's not hurting it either, and I can already see it becoming the next talking point for people wanting to deflect from what this really is about, especially now that the "he's just not good enough!" excuse is harder to push when's Brock Osweiller's scrub ass is on chance number 4.

Obviously Kaep deserves to be on a roster based on ability and character. He would be a decent backup and in the right situation could be a good locker room guy. But after all this madness, the team that finally takes him is going to have ESPN parked outside their stadium 24/7 to scrutinize how much America hating is going on. I understand why an owner wants no part of that. It's not right, but maybe he'll get his opportunity if/when this overblown story starts to die down a little.

That's probably naive, but I think he'll find a spot eventually.

cdyhybrid

Obviously Kaep deserves to be on a roster based on ability and character. He would be a decent backup and in the right situation could be a good locker room guy. But after all this madness, the team that finally takes him is going to have ESPN parked outside their stadium 24/7 to scrutinize how much America hating is going on. I understand why an owner wants no part of that. It's not right, but maybe he'll get his opportunity if/when this overblown story starts to die down a little.

Brock Osweiler has become a part of two different teams in the meantime.

It ain't happening.

gutshot

It would be much less of a story by now if the owners hadn't blackballed him and he had signed with a team early in free agency.

Doomsayer

Look at all of the QB's who have been signed recently. Kap could start 8 teams right now and make them better.

He isn't getting a job in the NFL again.

Jeff-DSA

It would be much less of a story by now if the owners hadn't blackballed him and he had signed with a team early in free agency.

If not for the Castro shirt, I think he could have been a fine fit for Miami as a 3rd QB behind Moore. I just don't think that would have gone over well in Miami.

Look at all of the QB's who have been signed recently. Kap could start 8 teams right now and make them better.

He isn't getting a job in the NFL again.

for real

@adamlevitan
These 11 QBs are confirmed/ possible Wk 1 starters: Bortles, Tolzien, Peterman, Goff, Savage, McCown, Glennon, Cutler, Kizer, Siemian, Hoyer

11:49 AM - 29 Aug 2017

My team has a better QB situation than most and I'd still way rather have Kaep backing up Winston than fucking Fitzpatrick.

I think he's immediately the second best backup in the league and at least better than 5-10 starters.

I still think he gets a job when injuries hit and owners and GMs are forced to pull their heads out of their asses.

RBH

NFL maps are back!

mUSZTNy.png

YlsinbB.png

599mGn4.png

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=1

Sephzilla

Packers are stuck with Buck and Aikman again, ugh. Who's ready for a few hours of Aikman trying to hide his dislike for the Packers again?

Hindl

OAK @ TEN being forced on most of the West Coast?

wtf CBS
That's the best game in that slot though. 2 of the best young QBs and teams that should've been in the playoffs last year. Also both QBs got injured and this is their first game back

Hunter S.

That's the best game in that slot though. 2 of the best young QBs and teams that should've been in the playoffs last year. Also both QBs got injured and this is their first game back
I know the Raiders are scumbags, but they did make the playoffs last year, yo.

love those maps :)
Redzone or division rivals in PHI@WAS?
what to watch?

The PHI@WAS game. Biased answer but a) NFC East games are always a blast to watch because of the rivalries, and b) this game will tell you a lot about what will happen in the NFC East for the rest of the season. The game is a key game for both teams. Eagles haven't beaten Washington in a long time, so this game means something to them. If they can't beat Washington they basically will have to prove for the rest of the season that they even have a shot to compete against the rest of the NFC. For Washington it's going to be a big test on whether or not their revamp offense is worth a damn, especially against the Eagles D which seems to be improved over last year.

manfestival

this royally sucks that I wont get to see MAH BOIS play this weekend. wha else am i supposed to do with all this free time? watch the patriots? LOL NAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom