• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Can we talk about the horrible iggels or skins?

Or what about keap? He got many players speaking for him and how he is good enough to be a starter in the NFL

I disagree. He went down sooo hard after the first 2 seasons. He is not better or worse than Brock

ARRL8qI.png

This while Kaep played on a much less talented team.

bhQ6SEk.png

Can we talk about the horrible iggels or skins?

Or what about keap? He got many players speaking for him and how he is good enough to be a starter in the NFL

I disagree. He went down sooo hard after the first 2 seasons. He is not better or worse than Brock

Brock is worse in almost every way except being bad. In that category he does beat kapernicus hands down.

Now, you can say well no one sign kap because it's not the right system for him. Why do the Seahawks have austin Davis as backup? Why does Joe Webb have a job?

All I remember is back in Madden '12, FMT traded Alex Smith and started Kaepernick ahead of him and cheesed him the whole year. Kaep is being cosmically punished for FMT's cheese.

All I remember is back in Madden '12, FMT traded Alex Smith and started Kaepernick ahead of him and cheesed him the whole year. Kaep is being cosmically punished for FMT's cheese.

I was owed those niners teams after years of Tim rattay, jt O'Sullivan and Shaun hill. Also Alex rookie year he had a pencil dick for a vision cone

Fantomex

My boy Goff is gonna do it this year. He will at least go from Terribad to Mediocre. I guarantee it. If not, Gata will stop posting. We all win.

I hope something bad happens to the packers this year.

All my packer fan friends have been awakened this week and have been concern trolling me about the season. If the packers won in Minneapolis I'd have to stop watching football.

Go Cardinals!

Addressed the largest offenders on ST that cost us around 4 games last year, we going back to the playoffs this year! The division is ours for the taking! Funny how old our new kicker and punter are but dependable vets and it's somewhat fitting for this all-in one last ride for the championship before Fitz retires (most likely). Please Football gods let our team remain healthy this year. Throw Honey Badger a bone and let him do his thing a whole season for once. I cast protect on Palmer and David Johnson. Let's do this shit!

Week one, the Lions who have been our bitch the last 6 or more games, I've lost count. This time it's in Detroit though and there's always Week one fuckery around the league. I like our chances, let's crush them, Cardinals! Football is back woooooooooooooooooooo!

Good article, with two good WR this year people will see Wentz really open up more. Going to field a tough team for Dallas to beat this year

One of the things I want to keep an eye on is how well Ertz and Wentz work together early this year. Ertz has basically never had any consistency at QB. His first year he worked all preseason with Vick, then Foles took over. The next year Foles got replaced by Sanchez. The year after they got Bradford. Then last year obviously he got no time in with Wentz. Every season he's come alive toward the end of the year, and I wonder if that's because it took a while for him to click with his QBs. Ertz has been putting up good numbers as is, but it would be great if he could spread that out over the season some more.

Afrikan

ARRL8qI.png

This while Kaep played on a much less talented team.

There is alot more to it when really looking at the #s.

Here is a nice write up. It also discusses the other QBs.

http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/nfl-quarterback-tiers-evaluations-ahead-of-the-2017-season/

"Relies on his athleticism, can't play from the pocket, stares down his first read and throws every pass like it's a fast ball in baseball. Something peculiar happened this offseason. A consensus was reached on an NFL quarterback. The same scouting report was reproduced on mass from those who had watched him casually and those who hadn't been paying close attention. It was an accurate scouting report, at least it was back in 2014. Kaepernick is out of the league because of his anthem protest. Justifying that decision by tearing him down as a player is both dishonest and vindictive. Kaepernick had his best season in the NFL last year, he showed the growth as a passer that Jim Harbaugh had hoped he would before his tenure came to a close.

Kaepernick's numbers won't reflect his development. He lost a completion because of receiver error on an accurate pass once every 8.49 attempts last year. Only three quarterbacks in the league lost one every 10 or fewer attempts. But when you can separate Kaepernick's performance from the failures of his supporting cast, you find a quarterback who had developed the nuance he lacked early in his career. Harbaugh's offense was a run-oriented, play action-heavy system where Kaepernick spent most of his time under center. He took shots downfield off of hard play fakes and primarily relied on half-field reads. Chip Kelly's offense asked Kaepernick to exclusively play in shotgun. He spread the field with as many receivers as possible and expected his quarterback to figure out where to go with the ball before the snap. Kaepernick did that.

He took care of the ball better than any quarterback with more than 200 attempts, Kaepernick had an interceptable pass rate of 2.11 percent. His accuracy on throw that didn't travel further than five yards downfield was outstanding. Kaepernick ranked fourth in the league with an 89.71 accuracy percentage to five yards. He ranked 18th in the league on throws that travelled further than five yards downfield. He didn't take unnecessary sacks. 12.50 percent of Kaepernick's sacks were considered avoidable, the eight-best rate in the league. Kaepernick showed off subtle footwork to shift his weight within the confines of the pocket, he not only used his eyes to read through progressions and find open receivers, he even manipulated defenders with his posture to create throwing lanes at times. Kaepernick did what you hope your raw draft prospect does, he developed. He developed from a narrow skill set player into a wide skill set player.

But that development coincided with the 49ers roster losing all of its talent so it's easier to pretend it didn't happen. It's easier to pretend he's just some guy who can run and frame his running ability as a negative rather than a trait that diversifies the offense's whole running game and gives the quarterback an option when none of his receivers are open.

Did you know?

Colin Kaepernick threw 56.76 percent of his passes between 1 and 10 yards downfield last year, the fifth-highest rate in the league. He threw 21.78 percent of his passes in the 11-20 yard range, the 15th-best rate in the league."

Afrikan

I don't think that post has nearly enough underling and bolding

Sorry I just copied and pasted it from my 9er forum post where you NEED to bold and underline shit since folks don't want to read....yet still respond with the same shit over and over.

Afrikan

Hoyer will lead us to the Promised Land! Which is either the playoffs or a high draft pick.

We have a talented roster... finally speed on offense and defense again.

With Hoyer, our recorda might be somewhere in the middle... which would not a be the promise land you described.

We have a talented roster... finally speed on offense and defense again.

With Hoyer, our recorda might be somewhere in the middle... which would not a be the promise land you described.

A guy can dream!

Just trying to get pumped up since I'm going to the game on Sunday. Cam Newton, we comin' for you!

Draxal

Remember when this biggest controversy with Kap was this video of him not noticing his wide open receiver for a sure TD http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...rs-Colin-Kaepernick-doesn-t-see-open-receiver

I still think he deserves a chance in the NFL when pinheads like Glennon are paid to be starters. Those playoff games were some of the most exciting games I have ever seen, dude is a gamer and needs another chance

Looks like he got Brent Grimesed along with the regular blackball.

Sephzilla

My opinion on Kap is that the reason he doesn't have a job right now is actually not incredibly different from the reason Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL anymore. Yes, Kap's protest is absolutely affecting his job status, which sucks, but it's more than just the protest. Kap is still not a very good quarterback and there's enough statistical evidence to support it. Since he's been to a Super Bowl he's not going to be cheap. And he's not a conventional pocket passer, which makes him kind of worthless as a backup to a conventional quarterback since the offense would need to be restructured to suit him should Kap need to enter a game.

So basically, he's not getting a job for similar reasons to Tebow. Nobody wants an unconventional backup quarterback who isn't that good and has a media circus following him. Kap should get one more shot in the league, especially when you see some of the scrubs that keep getting chances, but I see why he isn't.

You don't even post in these threads typically, how would you know what we talk about?

Weren't you for this move from Community to main OT

At some point yall will learn how this turns out every time (bad)

See you and the rest of main crew back at the fort <3

gutshot

Are we posting our division predictions this year? Here's mine:

NFC East: Dallas
NFC West: Seattle
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Tampa
NFC Wildcards: Philly, Carolina

AFC East: New England
AFC West: Oakland
AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC South: Tennessee
AFC Wildcards: Kansas City, Houston

Draxal

My opinion on Kap is that the reason he doesn't have a job right now is actually not incredibly different from the reason Tim Tebow isn't in the NFL anymore. Yes, Kap's protest is absolutely affecting his job status, which sucks, but it's more than just the protest. Kap is still not a very good quarterback and there's enough statistical evidence to support it. Since he's been to a Super Bowl he's not going to be cheap. And he's not a conventional pocket passer, which makes him kind of worthless as a backup to a conventional quarterback since the offense would need to be restructured to suit him should Kap need to enter a game.

So basically, he's not getting a job for similar reasons to Tebow. Nobody wants an unconventional backup quarterback who isn't that good and has a media circus following him. Kap should get one more shot in the league, especially when you see some of the scrubs that keep getting chances, but I see why he isn't.

Kap is alot better then some of the other quarterbacks that have been getting 4 and 5th chances. Like I agree with you theoretically, but I wouldn't use Tebow an example. Kaep is a ten times better qb than Tebow.

The problem with Kap is not just the protests, its the girlfriend, its the dolphins hat, its not just somebody you want to sign as a backup.

Cappa

Banned
what a joke Bucs vs Dolphins postponed to Week 11.

Edit: To be clear, obviously they shouldnt play in a hurricane but move it to a neutral site jesus christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom