• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
halpern_goodell_inbox_final.jpg

"He's an Actor you Idiot!" ahahaha.

Josh Gordon "Catching a terrible pass"

A'int that the truth. Still can't believe this guy won the receiving title this year with 3 Browns QBs throwing him the ball, one being Weeden.

Apparently Seattle is where all the cool kids play:

The Seattle Seahawks came out of the 2013 offseason with the NFL's strongest roster, thanks to savvy drafting and the salary-cap freedom provided by Russell Wilson's meager contract.

The Seahawks will have yet another advantage entering the 2014 offseason. Coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider have a created a player-friendly environment and winning atmosphere that is attracting veteran free agents to a northwest corner of the country that was formerly an NFL outpost.

"When I first arrived, we never really got any respect over here, and we felt like people kind of ignored us," wide receiver Sidney Rice said this week, via NFL Media columnist Michael Silver. "As you see now, more and more people are coming in this direction. ... It's basically word of mouth. This is where you want to be. And when guys get here, they always end up asking, 'Why didn't I come here earlier?' And then they never want to leave."

That word of mouth not only lured Rice, but also defensive ends Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril to Seattle.

NFL Exposure
Best of Seahawks and 49ers
Take a look at the best 49ers vs. Seahawks matchups throughout the years.
"People want to come here and play for Pete," Bennett said after last Saturday's victory. "He just lets you be yourself. And we're only gonna get better, too. We're so young, man. It's gonna be great to see us grow."

Defensive Player of the Year candidates Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas believe players across the league will choose to sign with the Seahawks because they want a chance to win.

"Guys who come to this team are in awe," Thomas told Silver. "It's a fun organization, a light atmosphere, and we work hard. ... We have genuine respect for one another. It's a great place to be."

The allure of Seattle is bad news for the rest of the league. Since Wilson's contract cannot be extended until 2015, the Seahawks will have a competitive edge in roster building for at least another calendar year.

As an astute Vernon Davis pointed out last June, Carroll and Schneider are constructing a dynasty in the Pacific Northwest.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Watched the movie Commando (again) with friends tonight. Never realized how Counterstrike the end of the movie was. It was only missing the AWP.

Spinluck

On the way back from seeing Her

Great fucking movie, I definitely give it the Spindasher seal of approval.

I never thought ScarJo's voice alone could give me a boner.

JABEE

Really bad news for Nintendo. So many of the games that I love. Completely mismanaged launch of a consumer product in this day and age. This includes the 3DS. I still love you Animal Crossing, Super Mario 3D Land, and Link Between Worlds.

They're finally going to own up to shitting the bed after missing their projections this badly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753029

Really bad news for Nintendo. So many of the games that I love. Completely mismanaged launch of a consumer product in this day and age. This includes the 3DS. I still love you Animal Crossing, Super Mario 3D Land, and Link Between Worlds.

They're finally going to own up to shitting the bed after missing their projections this badly.

I'm hoping they say something along the lines of " Yeah we fucked up with the WiiU so we're gonna make an up to date system in 2 years to compete with the rest". I mean sony learned it's lesson with the ps3
Also agree with this

More good news for Lions fans: the QB "coach" got fired.

Downing joined the Lions in 2009 as a quality control assistant on offense. In 2010, he became the assistant quarterbacks coach, and he was promoted to the main quarterbacks coach role in 2011. Considering his, well, lack of track record as an NFL coach, many wondered why he was put in charge of directly working with Matthew Stafford, but that's no longer a concern with him not being retained.

Downing joins Scott Linehan, Tim Lappano and Kyle Valero as the offensive assistants who have been let go from Schwartz's staff (that we know about). Expect more news to be released about who is staying and who is going in the coming days.
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/1/16/5317852/todd-downing-lions-coaching-rumors

What type of organization promotes a glorified grad student with no coaching experience to be the QB coach for its franchise QB. Come on /Gob

Stafford was working out at the facility mere days after the bad 2012 season ended. I'd like to believe that he's a hard worker, he just hasn't been working on the right stuff - in part due to a horrible coaching staff that babied him. If he puts in work again this winter/spring and buys into Caldwell's shit, I think he can improve. To me personally this is his last shot: if he can't prove himself next season I doubt he ever will.

It's all over. My childhood. Absolutely finished.

Oh my god just read about that Rex Ryan extension.

Does anyone have that picture with all the coaches going 8-8 looking miffed, but Rex Ryan celebrating?

bionic77

I never played Chrono Trigger.

Should I get it for DS or iOS?
DS. Real games belong on your phone.

I'm hoping they say something along the lines of " Yeah we fucked up with the WiiU so we're gonna make an up to date system in 2 years to compete with the rest". I mean sony learned it's lesson with the ps3
Also agree with this
Gaming industry is fucked not just Nintendo. But people only want to focus on their failures.

Nintendo should give up on consoles and just focus on dwindling handheld market.

Tom Penny

Lots of dumb shits in the NFL. Why the fuck would you start a team with a guy in his late 30s with a broken neck. And lol @ Luck over Fraudgers. Don't make these guys spend 2 years jerking off in college anymore.

Dumbest thing is putting a RB on the list. Today's NFL your're choosing a RB to start the franchise. Yeah no.

squicken

I think she deleted her twitter haha, people were tweeting her yesterday.

What a dumb broad. That doesn't help her dad when she takes a shot at the organization he's trying to get a job with. I like Pettine. I think it would be an okay hire but he has to have a good OC to be successful

Nameless

I haven't looked up the officials yet but I honestly believe a major deciding factor will be whether or not it's a crew that flags cheating DBs. We've seen both.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, Tremaine Brock has mastered the art of pass interference too, which is why he shot to the top of our depth chart and got paid.

Cant believe they had to lower their projections for WiiU by 6.2m. I wonder how Iwata can survive this. The funny thing is the WiiU is a good system, and the people who wont by it cause "not enough powerz" are idiots who are missing out. If I was Nintendo I would keep releasing games for it and hopefully as the library gets bigger and the price comes down it will sell better.

razielim

I haven't looked up the officials yet but I honestly believe a major deciding factor will be whether or not it's a crew that flags cheating DBs. We've seen both.

And before you get your panties in a bunch, Tremaine Brock has mastered the art of pass interference too, which is why he shot to the top of our depth chart and got paid.

I believe the officials secretly want a return to real football and don't want to referee pinball anymore. If they wanted to ref pinball they could go do college games. Love watching receivers and QBs whine when defenses don't just let them run around the field untouched, although understand why they do since it's what they're used to.

bionic77

Cant believe they had to lower their projections for WiiU by 6.2m. I wonder how Iwata can survive this. The funny thing is the WiiU is a good system, and the people who wont by it cause "not enough powerz" are idiots who are missing out. If I was Nintendo I would keep releasing games for it and hopefully as the library gets bigger and the price comes down it will sell better.
It's too expensive. 3DS had the same problem at first too.

U should be 200 right now not 300.

The PS4 seems like a bargain compared to the U and Bone.

bionic77

Crying before the game? I did that a lot this year (and afterwards) but not because of the refs...

What world do I live in where Niner fans are crying more about the refs than the Seahawks?

jakncoke

Banned

lol what a terrible star tattoo

At this point, 3 gens in a row where 3rd party have basically ignored them. The only way Nintendo consoles are going to compete with MS/Sony consoles in the future is if they build up such a massive 1st party library they can release their own games on such a scale that its like the other consoles. There is too much a drought between their releases that most dont wanna deal with that. But say if they bought several IPs, build up several new dev houses and were releasing 2-3 good games a month. That would help them out quite a bit, time to stop sitting on their war chest and building new square buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom