• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never played Chrono Trigger.

Should I get it for DS or iOS?

Seriously?? DS and don't stop until you finish

davonebessmugshot.jpg

Is that Bess??? Man wth did the browns do to him

It's too expensive. 3DS had the same problem at first too.

U should be 200 right now not 300.

The PS4 seems like a bargain compared to the U and Bone.

I think gamers have shown that they dont mind paying more if they feel like they are getting something for their money. XB1 is selling great, the $500 price tag and the bad internet news havent slowed it down at all so far. $300 for the WiiU doesnt seem bad to me at all. Nintendo needs to somehow combat the idea that they dont have enough resolutions.

At this point, 3 gens in a row where 3rd party have basically ignored them. The only way Nintendo consoles are going to compete with MS/Sony consoles in the future is if they build up such a massive 1st party library they can release their own games on such a scale that its like the other consoles. There is too much a drought between their releases that most dont wanna deal with that. But say if they bought several IPs, build up several new dev houses and were releasing 2-3 good games a month. That would help them out quite a bit, time to stop sitting on their war chest and building new square buildings

I agree that it is super hard to support a console with only first party games. They have gotten a few 3rd party exclusives, like W101 and B2, but it isnt enough to come close to the support that MS and Sony will get this gen.

Luck has yet to prove he's at Fraudgers level. He may get there, but I wouldn't bet on it if I could choose between the two right now.

Of course Luck isnt at his level yet, but Luck has a higher upside, is younger, has a way more cap friendly deal, and doesnt have the injury history. If I was starting a new team their is no question at all that I would take Luck over anyone in the NFL, and I bet all 32 GMs would do the same.

razielim

Crying before the game? I did that a lot this year (and afterwards) but not because of the refs...

What world do I live in where Niner fans are crying more about the refs than the Seahawks?

Think Jim Harbaugh is infecting the fan base. He's always doing his best Phil Jackson impression complaining about the other team before the game.

manfestival

I dont get why people hate jim haurbaugh so much. He is quite a character and actually really entertaining. Hes also one of the most successful coaches currently in the NFL. Hes clearly doing something right by running into the middle of the field and having temper tantrums

Cant believe they had to lower their projections for WiiU by 6.2m. I wonder how Iwata can survive this. The funny thing is the WiiU is a good system, and the people who wont by it cause "not enough powerz" are idiots who are missing out. If I was Nintendo I would keep releasing games for it and hopefully as the library gets bigger and the price comes down it will sell better.
Wii U also doesn't have the 3rd party support the other two systems have so that hurts as well. I know the Wii U has good game but even I traded in my Wii U towards a ps4 due to the lack of games at the time. I'll pick it back up when Smash Bros comes out but the games out don't really interest me that much outside of a few game. But those games can wait till I get the system around that time.

Wii U also doesn't have the 3rd party support the other two systems have so that hurts as well. I know the Wii U has good game but even I traded in my Wii U towards a ps4 due to the lack of games at the time. I'll pick it back up when Smash Bros comes out but the games out don't really interest me that much outside of a few game. But those games can wait till I get the system around that time.

You traded in a WiiU due to not having many games for a system with even less games?

Talon

Nintendo hasn't had that top tier third party support since N64 - or, you could even argue, SNES.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont even know why I go on gaming side, people are insane. I just seen someone suggest the key to fixing Nintendos problem. Go 3rd party (typical gaf response).. but be a 3rd party that focuses on 1 platform.

boo-wut.gif

I dont even know why I go on gaming side, people are insane. I just seen someone suggest the key to fixing Nintendos problem. Go 3rd party (typical gaf response).. but be a 3rd party that focuses on 1 platform.

boo-wut.gif

I bet I can guess which platform that would be.

The worse than Peter King MMQBing about what Nintendo did the past decade made me give up on doing sensible posts about the real problems as I see it.

1st and foremost the #1 failing was lack of latching onto what helped make the N64. The genres and games that were acceding in the late 90s and early 00s. West games > East games.

What the jokers are saying,

Now it is... 'Wii U gamepad was an obvious mistake'
Then it was... 'Gamepad and screen not advanced enough'

Now it is... 'A more advanced Wii Mote and on par CPU power'
Then it was... 'Wii Mote is a gimmick'

Reality is it isn't 1985-2005 anymore. It is not feasible to build a fun for everyone game console. The gap is too wide. You need to focus on the high-end or low-end. From there you dabble in other.

Wii U was and is in a strange middle ground. Too much of a round peg for the square hole, too much of a square peg for the round hole.

Bowser

@BFeldmanCBS: #vandy offered Pep Hamilton its HC job & had a plane set to get him & his family this am but he passed to stay Colts OC,

Sorry Colts fans!

Nameless

Crying before the game? I did that a lot this year (and afterwards) but not because of the refs...

What world do I live in where Niner fans are crying more about the refs than the Seahawks?

If I cry before the game it's due to daddy issues not football.

But there has been a marked difference in how aggressively some officiating crews flag PI/holding compared to others. Just look at our last two games. Packers DBs got away with shit the Panthers DB didn't. Just saying it'll be a factor.

jakncoke

Banned
@BFeldmanCBS: #vandy offered Pep Hamilton its HC job & had a plane set to get him & his family this am but he passed to stay Colts OC,

Sorry Colts fans!

:me poor 12 vandy fans. going from a complete reversal of their historical suck. Now they lost their HC to a school that had a massive child rape cover up with 2 more years of bowl bans and scholly cover ups and now to get :browns and have a coach go ehhh you guys kinda suck id rather be a OC than a HC for you people.

dionysus

Yaldog

Best comments are the ones in NPD thread about how handheld gaming is dead, when the the NPD results show that the 3DS is the best selling console in a country that is not traditionally handheld friendly.

Honestly, Nintendo's strategy is exactly what they should be doing though they should experiment with a third pillar system again. Going mobile would destroy most of the value of the company. Yes their market in handhelds may be shrinking but it still going to profitable for the next decade. Going mobile takes away all their competitive advantages, devalues the price point, and makes them just one among many companies. Going third party would destroy even more value for largely the same reasons. You don't give up your unique position in the market to become the same company as 15 other companies.

Nintendo may have to contract but it will survive and be profitable even if it never wins a console "war" again.

The worse than Peter King MMQBing about what Nintendo did the past decade made me give up on doing sensible posts about the real problems as I see it.

1st and foremost the #1 failing was lack of latching onto what helped make the N64. The genres and games that were acceding in the late 90s and early 00s. West games > East games.

What the jokers are saying,

Now it is... 'Wii U gamepad was an obvious mistake'
Then it was... 'Gamepad and screen not advanced enough'

Now it is... 'A more advanced Wii Mote and on par CPU power'
Then it was... 'Wii Mote is a gimmick'

Reality is it isn't 1985-2005 anymore. It is not feasible to build a fun for everyone game console. The gap is too wide. You need to focus on the high-end or low-end. From there you dabble in other.

Wii U was and is in a strange middle ground. Too much of a round peg for the square hole, too much of a square peg for the round hole.

Are you saying they need more Japanese games? I totally disagree with that. They need more FPS and other online mp games, people love those types of games. They need to include a headset, people want to go online and trash talk with their friends.

Are you saying they need more Japanese games? I totally disagree with that. They need more FPS and other online mp games, people love those types of games. They need to include a headset, people want to go online and trash talk with their friends.

No I meant the opposite of that. The West was rising to be >>> in the gaming market. Just like you said "FPS and other online mp games"

NCL needs to give NOA more autonomy. Nintendo is an Eastern company trying to dictate Western culture and it's not working. NOA clearly knows they need more western styled games but they keep having to appeal to the East who has no taste for it.

Western gamers know GTA, Madden, Battlefield et al aren't on Nintendo consoles. Those are all lost sales. NCL thinks they don't need them.

JCizzle

NCL needs to give NOA more autonomy. Nintendo is an Eastern company trying to dictate Western culture and it's not working. NOA clearly knows they need more western styled games but they keep having to appeal to the East who has no taste for it.

Western gamers know GTA, Madden, Battlefield et al aren't on Nintendo consoles. Those are all lost sales. NCL thinks they don't need them.
Agree

Nameless

Cant believe they had to lower their projections for WiiU by 6.2m. I wonder how Iwata can survive this. The funny thing is the WiiU is a good system, and the people who wont by it cause "not enough powerz" are idiots who are missing out. If I was Nintendo I would keep releasing games for it and hopefully as the library gets bigger and the price comes down it will sell better.

Is it really a power issue though? Because the Xbone seems to be doing ok. Would a WiiU of comparable power to the One and PS4 be doing that much better? Gamers who don't like torturing themselves know how this work. Every 12-24+ months Nintendo puts out something awesome, the rest of the time their consoles are mostly useless. It's time to admit that Nintendo is losing their appeal, and have been for a while now. Handheld gaming will always have its stronghold, and Nintendo functions well within that space. But outside side of that....

I'm a grown fuckin man. I drink whiskey. I don't want to play Mario games unless i'm waiting in line at the grocery store and it's on my phone. Metroid & Zelda? Sure. But it's impossible to swallow their quirky gimmicky BS when I know there's games like Skyrim, GTA V, Last of Us, and Battlefield out there.

FYI my real reason for trading it in was cause since I wasn't playing my Wii U(which I almost went a year without playing) and need to put a big payment on my ps4 I just said fuck it and traded it in towards my reservation. Like I said I'll get a Wii U again when Smash Bros comes out.

bionic77

If I cry before the game it's due to daddy issues not football.

But there has been a marked difference in how aggressively some officiating crews flag PI/holding compared to others. Just look at our last two games. Packers DBs got away with shit the Panthers DB didn't. Just saying it'll be a factor.
I don't condone preemptive complaining unless it is against the Pats.

Man up brah. Your team has 60 minutes to kick the Seahawks ass. There will be shitty calls for both teams but don't let it come down to them. Outplay the other team and win it on the field.

And Nintendo and everyone in gaming is fucked. It's not a profitable business. Going 3rd party would be dumb too. Most 3rd parties went out of business last gen.

Handheld has already gone through a huge contraction. With the u DOA that is close to 100 million less consoles that are going to be sold. And it took MS and Sony like 10 years to sell less than that. I think everyone but a few companies are fucked. Hope Nintendo and Sony can ride it out. This is just a hobby for MS so they will bail if things go sour. But I don't know what will happen. If I had to guess I would say that gaming in 5 years will be completely different along with a huge change in the big parties involved.

bionic77

Is it really a power issue though? Because the Xbone seems to be doing ok. Would a WiiU of comparable power to the One and PS4 be doing that much better? Gamers who don't like torturing themselves know how this work. Every 12-24+ months Nintendo puts out something awesome, the rest of the time their consoles are mostly useless. It's time to admit that Nintendo is losing their appeal, and have been for a while now. Handheld gaming will always have its stronghold, and Nintendo functions well within that space. But outside side of that....

I'm a grown fuckin man. I drink whiskey. I don't want to play Mario games unless i'm waiting in line at the grocery store and it's on my phone. Metroid & Zelda? Sure. But it's impossible to swallow their quirky gimmicky BS when I know there's games like Skyrim, GTA V, and Battlefield out there.
Wow Niner fans really do suck. Harson and BLarry were right all along.

You are like the west coast Gata.

Nameless

Wow Niner fans really do suck. Harson and BLarry were right all along.

You are like the west coast Gata.

Real shit, brah. Come on bionic, when was the last time you played Pikimin or Animal Crossing?

and I live in the god forsaken south.

I'm a grown fuckin man. I drink whiskey. I don't want to play Mario games unless i'm waiting in line at the grocery store and it's on my phone. Metroid & Zelda? Sure. But it's impossible to swallow their quirky gimmicky BS when I know there's games like Skyrim, GTA V, Last of Us, and Battlefield out there.

Lol you really don't play Mario cause you're a "Grown fuckin man". That's a bad reason and you should feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom