• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck has actually won a playoff game, and lead an amazing comeback, while Dalton has played terrible and lost in the playoffs with a much more talented team.

Too much underdogging by Pats fans. Same thing every year. You are here for a reason. Either team could realistically win this game.

Everybody in the media is entitled to their opinion obviously, but they don't know anything more than us. Just guessing like everyone else, don't let it bother you, turn it off and enjoy the weekend leading up to the game.

Same amount of critical injuries as well for both teams, so that's not an excuse either way.

The "I told you so" defense, it's very popular among pat fans.

JABEE

CLEAR THE DANCE FLOOR
iGhYpuWLWAkb7.gif
I missed this earlier, but Greg, you make me laugh.

:jnc

The knock on Arian at Tennessee was that he didn't love football, as was indifferent as to team success. Loved what football did for him and not the game itself.

There were always worries he would shut it down once he got paid, but the Texans felt they owed him since they had used him so much. Sure enough, he was never the same. Injuries got him, but he also looked a bit softer. fwiw so did Duane Brown, which speaks to leadership and accountability

Arian was big on cultivating an image that he was different than most football players, and always had more interest in an off the field career. LZ thinks he's done with football.

Just for the sake of argument, should not loving football preclude you from playing it? Just thinking about it I can name ten guys who clearly couldn't care less about the game outside of what it affords them but are talents. How many guys does the NFL honestly think live and breathe the game?

squicken

Just for the sake of argument, should not loving football preclude you from playing it? Just thinking about it I can name ten guys who clearly couldn't care less about the game outside of what it affords them but are talents. How many guys does the NFL honestly think live and breathe the game?

Agree. I just don't think you give big money deals to the guys who don't love it. Those guys become de facto team leaders. That was the thing about Arian: The Texans needed to be ruthless and keep him hungry with a UDFA tender and then the franchise tag

That's what Mike Brown might do with AJ Green. Give him that 5th year, then he still can franchise him twice. It's so much leverage. A dumb team like STL will give Robert Quinn infinity money for one great year, but Brown will play tough with Green, who has had several

Konka

Banned
Agree. I just don't think you give big money deals to the guys who don't love it. Those guys become de facto team leaders. That was the thing about Arian: The Texans needed to be ruthless and keep him hungry with a UDFA tender and then the franchise tag

That's what Mike Brown might do with AJ Green. Give him that 5th year, then he still can franchise him twice. It's so much leverage. A dumb team like STL will give Robert Quinn infinity money for one great year, but Brown will play tough with Green, who has had several

That's what you gotta give Tammy credit for at least.

rando14

Never really cared for them. Really only eat chips with salsa when I think about it.

That's fair, to be honest once my winter bulk is over I wont be able to eat Doritos until the fall!! :(

Doritos does have some weird flavors though, I mean I saw Tapatio flavor, what's up with that!!

Konka

Banned
That's fair, to be honest once my winter bulk is over I wont be able to eat Doritos until the fall!! :(

Doritos does have some weird flavors though, I mean I saw Tapatio flavor, what's up with that!!

Call up cheatin pete and you won't have to worry about bulking anymore.

wow first dick sherman guarantees domination in the nfc title game now cheatin' pete says harvin will be ready for the superbowl! bulletin board material!

actually in all seriousness i always laugh when people say "OOOOOOH YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE THEM BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!".... was a player before those comments like "ehhh i mean i'm going to definitely give it my best i suppose" and then "he said WHAT!? omfg time to turn this up to 11 now!"

cdyhybrid

wow first dick sherman guarantees domination in the nfc title game now cheatin' pete says harvin will be ready for the superbowl! bulletin board material!

actually in all seriousness i always laugh when people say "OOOOOOH YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE THEM BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!".... was a player before those comments like "ehhh i mean i'm going to definitely give it my best i suppose" and then "he said WHAT!? omfg time to turn this up to 11 now!"

"It's only the NFC Championship Game and I only have millions of dollars in contract incentives on the line, so I was going to take it easy, but now I'm mad!"

JABEE

FMT, I don't think anyone in this thread is prepared for your reaction if the Niners win the Super Bowl.

FMT, I don't think anyone in this thread is prepared for your reaction if the Niners win the Super Bowl.

i told you holmes those days are behind me. i'm just an old man never meanin' no one no harm and if the 49ers were to win another superbowl in my lifetime well that would be a satisfactory day

Just had our oven spark and smoke. Called the fire department because there was a small flame. Thankfully theres no damage and no one is hurt but man was it scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom