• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Sapp with the bold prediction that Niners score 35 points.
KuGsj.gif

squicken

Why Ken Whisenhunt chose the Tennessee Titans

-The coach also appreciated the lack of hoopla surrounding the Titans job, an under-the-radar opening without the huge expectations of the Lions' gig. The Detroit role came with built-in pressure to rattle off double-digit-win seasons and make the playoffs immediately. Tennessee lined up as a place to more patiently build a team.

-The city of Nashville, planted in the low-key South, was a big pull. As former Titans coach Jeff Fisher used to say about Nashville, the only thing he had to worry about -- instead of rush-hour traffic -- was not hitting a deer on his way to work.

-Detroit's looming salary-cap issues also played a role. With three players -- Ndamukong Suh, Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson -- swallowing up such a large percentage of the payroll, building a deeper team would take considerable work with the Lions.

squicken

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Teams and refs were send videos of the 1st half of Panthers-Niners last week for examples of what will and won’t be tolerated in Seattle.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Message from Dean Blandino to #SEA-#SF and refs: Refs will set the tone early and not let the game get out of control. Same as all season

lol SF, CAR and SEA were pushing the limits all year. "Same as all season" is a joke. So many games got out of control

ATF487

People on the radio last week were talking about whether or not you'd rather lose in the AFC Championship game or the Superbowl. Normally I'd say the former since the latter is so heartbreaking, but this Pats team is so weird. They can beat anyone and lose to anyone.

Go Pats and go 49ers

really don't want pete carroll to win a superbowl

Afrikan

lol SF, CAR and SEA were pushing the limits all year. "Same as all season" is a joke. So many games got out of control

I'm guessing they are talking about the pushing and shoving after plays...and not regarding holding by the defensive backs. *rolls eyes* and I guess "push offs" by WRs.

why is it so hard for the Refs to see the first person starting shit before the second retaliates and gets punished?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
ah good to be back, to gaf and the USA.

Got banned for saying that chick that cheated on her husband who drove 160 miles to kill the guy that she cheated with needed a soul. Apparently thats misogyny, even though I think anyone who cheats, man or woman, needs a soul. But a week of that ban was spent on my honeymoon in Barbados, so not really a big deal.

Would love to see a broncos seachickens superbowl cause I want to see Manning get his second ring so everyone can shut the hell up about him being a playoff choker. Also tired of worst harbaugh, when I was in Barbados I saw an ESPN headline that said "best of his generation" with a picture of him. He's not even the best coach in his family! How can he be the best of his generation?

Loved how before the divisional games everyone on local radio kept saying how there is always a big upset that weekend, they jinxed it, no upsets.

oh also lol at the lions hiring jim caldwell.

People on the radio last week were talking about whether or not you'd rather lose in the AFC Championship game or the Superbowl. Normally I'd say the former since the latter is so heartbreaking, but this Pats team is so weird. They can beat anyone and lose to anyone.

Go Pats and go 49ers

really don't want pete carroll to win a superbowl

I'd rather get there and lose the Super Bowl than not go at all.

But I'd rather win it all.

Got banned for saying that chick that cheated on her husband who drove 160 miles to kill the guy that she cheated with needed a soul. Apparently thats misogyny, even though I think anyone who cheats, man or woman, needs a soul. But a week of that ban was spent on my honeymoon in Barbados, so not really a big deal.

Would love to see a broncos seachickens superbowl cause I want to see Manning get his second ring so everyone can shut the hell up about him being a playoff choker. Also tired of worst harbaugh, when I was in Barbados I saw an ESPN headline that said "best of his generation" with a picture of him. He's not even the best coach in his family! How can he be the best of his generation?

Loved how before the divisional games everyone on local radio kept saying how there is always a big upset that weekend, they jinxed it, no upsets.

Welcome back, also, Seahawks Broncos? Go fuck yoself

Spinluck

I'd rather get there and lose the Super Bowl than not go at all.

But I'd rather win it all.

Nice to know Pats fans have a losers mentality now.

I don't think I can deal with the pain of losing a SB again. Replaying that Tracy Porter commercial- even after a year that it happened was fucking bullshit.

Tom Penny

Nice to know Pats fans have a losers mentality now.

I don't think I can deal with the pain of losing a SB again. Replaying that Tracy Porter commercial- even after a year that it happened was fucking bullshit.

So were you happy you made the playoffs this year or angry you don't get a better pick since the season was worthless right?

effzee

Congrats on the marriage and honeymoon.

I was on gaf during my honeymoon in Cancun but only because the lock out had just ended and the Eagles were signing every available FA.

Tom Penny

Poor Dolphins.

“There’s not great respect for the coaching staff there,” said a close associate of several Dolphins players.

“Criticism of the coaches is consistent with everyone I talk to on the team,” one source said. “You have some assistants who weren’t experienced or comfortable in their jobs. Some players said they didn’t learn much. It’s pretty disconcerting.”

Added another source, “There’s not a lot of great teaching there.”

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hate Cheatin' Pete and several of the Seahawks players but I'm not sure why any neutral party would prefer the Patriots or Niners over the Seahawks. Every franchise should have at least one Superbowl win (Detroit and Minnesota need not apply here, nor should Philadelphia but that's because Philly would burn if they won).

njean777

But you're ok with hearing about Brady getting his 4 ring or Niners getting their 6th?

Would rather the better QB have the SB ring then Peyton. I have always felt Brady is better than Peyton, but the media disagrees quite clearly. Also I do not care for the Seahawks and never have.

I hate Cheatin' Pete and several of the Seahawks players but I'm not sure why any neutral party would prefer the Patriots or Niners over the Seahawks. Every franchise should have at least one Superbowl win (Detroit and Minnesota need not apply here, nor should Philadelphia but that's because Philly would burn if they won).

Hey fuck that, Philly deserves one.

Konka

Banned

Go to hell!

Tabris

So I fly out to Boston tomorrow for work. I have to do a bunch of stuff to get ready before hand so I will be at home today. I will be able to chime in every so often to trash talk!

Hunter S.

You are a welcome member to team light.

Coldplay has long been part of team evil.

I am getting slightly nervous finally. Might have to get a small church buzz going.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Spinluck

So were you happy you made the playoffs this year or angry you don't get a better pick since the season was worthless right?

Of course I'm glad we made the playoffs. And what better pick would we have? Lol, we have Trent Truck!

Not once this season did I think we would actually win it all. There's nothing worse than having high playoff hopes (especially in the Superbowl), then being crushed. I mean, if you go in expecting to lose, I guess it makes it easier. But if it's a Superbowl, I want that W. Nothing else, regardless of how shit my team is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom