• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

LOL

"After four years of screwing up the offense, Rex says at the pool last week - it came to him how to run the offense.

Folks if you figure out what was slipped to Rex at the pool, let me know. He apparently learned to run the offense at the pool last week!"

Amazing. Fat man on fire.

The audio clips of Ryan from the conference sound even worse than they do in print.....he just stammers and talks total gibberish. I get the feeling Rex spends more time with his foot fetish than he does on football.

The audio clips of Ryan from the conference sound even worse than they do in print.....he just stammers and talks total gibberish. I get the feeling Rex spends more time with his foot fetish than he does on football.
What's amazing to me is that the guy can go in and watch the team completely fall apart and then get a fresh start as if he had nothing to do with it. Most coaches talk about their failures after getting fired but Rex is talking about it before gearing up for round two of failure. Whatever, works for me.

Why is FMT and the rest of 9ers GAF so quiet? They've been vocal all year. A little nervous that you're facing the best post season QB ever, perhaps? Or that your best cheater will be out or gimped? Or that you couldnt even beat the St Louis Rams once this season? Or that over the past few weeks your team has gotten progressively worse while the Packers have steadily improved?

Too busy playing Dota 2 to play word games over a game I have no control over. No I'm not very confident about the game.

The Giants salaries by year:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/yearly/

Some reasonable stuff there. We have a good bit of UFA's to work through and some decisions on those big ticket salaries.

Here's the list of FA's:

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/new-york-giants/

Victor Cruz
Martellus Bennett
Kevin Boothe
Will Beatty

That's about the extent of FA's that I feel need to be resigned. Stevie Brown could be added to that list if we let Kenny Phillips go but he's restricted so the team could offer an appropriate tender for him. The same for Cruz if contract talks break down (put a first round tender on him).

squicken

The Giants offensive line still managed to allow the least amount of sacks in the league so it's not as though the line needs MAJOR retooling but the right side must be addressed and when discussing the lack of sacks, you can't ignore Eli's pocket presence and movement helping in that regard.

Not going to dispute that Eli is fantastic in the pocket, but the Giants only played two top 10 teams in sack rate, and 4 top 10 defenses. It's something I've noticed with Rams fans where they get carried away with a guy who does well vs bad opponents. Not saying that's you, but the Giants really didn't go through the grinder with their schedule.

edit: not a critique of Eli but of the other players on O

squicken said:
Not going to dispute that Eli is fantastic in the pocket, but the Giants only played two top 10 teams in sack rate, and 4 top 10 defenses. It's something I've noticed with Rams fans where they get carried away with a guy who does well vs bad opponents. Not saying that's you, but the Giants really didn't go through the grinder with their schedule.

edit: not a critique of Eli but of the other players on O
Won't find much disagreement from me on that. We have a pretty cup cake schedule in 2013 from the looks of it (maybe. We don't know what those teams are going to be at the end of the day...)

I think we have solid players on one side the line. Boothe and Beatty in particular have big upside. The Giants MO isn't to draft high on the offensive line. They look at it as the sum is greater than the parts and that's worked well for them. The 07-09 line is a great example with standouts in Suebert, Snee and Mckenzie and lesser guys like O'Hara and Diehl. Snee being the highest drafted in the group.

Hunter S.

The high for the Broncos win over the Ravens will be 19°. I cannot remember if it is the coldest game yet this year for them. I think Flacco's unibrow will freeze off.

This will be funny to see Shannon Sharpe and his obvious greater love for the Broncos.

Spinluck

What are your keys to the game? I'm hearing a lot about how Ravens fans feel they can do it, but little in the way of how they will get it done.

Lol. PeyPey is gonna go no Vaseline on that defense lol. Ed Reed occasionally fools him, and that'll probably be their defensive highlight. I just don't see Slacco holding his own against this D. Those bullshit Eli lob throws won't bail him out this week, and Ray Rice will need the game of his life. If they don't stay on the field, they're done. Unless Manning regresses to the Manning who used to turn into a popsicle in cold weather, or RayRay decides the only way to win against elite QBs in the playoffs is to kill them, I don't see it happening. That Ravens D will all be needing oxygen towards the end of the 3rd in Mile High.

Striker

Won't find much disagreement from me on that. We have a pretty cup cake schedule in 2013 from the looks of it (maybe. We don't know what those teams are going to be at the end of the day...)

I think we have solid players on the line. The Giants MO isn't to draft high on the offensive line. They look at it as the sum is greater than the parts and that's worked well for them (07-09 line is a great example with standouts in Suebert, Snee and Mckenzie and lesser guys like O'Hara and Diehl).
The 2012 schedule was pretty much a grinder, but that's a BS excuse for the way it ended the way it did.

The East was full of flops, but Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, San Francisco, Atlanta, Green Bay, and despite being awful defensively, New Orleans were never a push-over. Still, even with the schedule, they had no business blowing the lead they had. I do agree rebuilding the defense and adding a few new prints offensively (RG, RT and possibly another TE are the only concerns) is what they will likely focus on.

Why is FMT and the rest of 9ers GAF so quiet? They've been vocal all year. A little nervous that you're facing the best post season QB ever, perhaps? Or that your best cheater will be out or gimped? Or that you couldnt even beat the St Louis Rams once this season? Or that over the past few weeks your team has gotten progressively worse while the Packers have steadily improved?
Alex smith does what kapernick doesnt.

JCizzle

Too busy playing Dota 2 to play word games over a game I have no control over. No I'm not very confident about the game.

Packers fans just talk big considering we already beat them once in Lambeau this year with Small Hands starting. Point this out and they get more sensitive & defensive than Aaron when someone calls him small.

lol @ the overconfidence, just like week one. Steady improvement is allowing 199 yards rushing rather than 250.

eznark

Banned
Packers fans just talk big considering we already beat them once in Lambeau this year with Small Hands starting. Point this out and they get more sensitive & defensive than Aaron when someone calls him small.

lol @ the overconfidence, just like week one.

I think I predicted the Packers would lose by three touchdowns in week 1.

lol @ the overconfidence, just like week one. Steady improvement is allowing 199 yards rushing rather than 250.

You guys are no fun.

Something for Packer fans to think about:

That's TT, to a tee.

brentech

I don't remember anyone here acting like we were going to smash week one.

I've said multiple times that I feel better about the Packers going into this game than I did the opener.
Doesn't mean it won't be a game, but I feel like we have a very good shot.

JCizzle

I think I predicted the Packers would lose by three touchdowns in week 1.

I honestly thought the Niners would get smoked by that same margin. The Niners are way too unpredictable this year, going into next week I wouldn't be surprised by any result.

Hunter S.

Willis Mcgahee is practicing again. I am looking forward to them having a one-two punch to run over Ray Lewis' mechanical, rusty arm. Mcgehee was less flashy than Moreno, but he still manages more per drive. Hard to know who will be the broncos top runner.

brentech

I honestly thought the Niners would get smoked by that same margin. The Niners are way too unpredictable this year, going into next week I wouldn't be surprised by any result.
I just think the 9ers peaked really early in the season, but that doesn't mean you guys don't play tough ass football on both sides, which makes for quite a match up against the Packers.

I just think the 9ers peaked really early in the season, but that doesn't mean you guys don't play tough ass football on both sides, which makes for quite a match up against the Packers.

I think when you play as physically as they do that intensity has to taper off to a certain degree after a long season. I guess we'll see.

JCizzle

Aye, I think a lot hinges on how much Aldon benefits from the week off after clearly wearing down over his first full year and how CK performs in his first truly high pressure game. He's going to need to put up 35+ and string together a few long drives. I don't have much confidence in Justin playing well or lasting long in the game considering his style of play.

eznark

Banned
I think we're making too big a deal out of the defensive line play. The 49ers only sacked Rodgers once. He was inaccurate, inconsistent and seemed out of rhythm despite having time to throw. They also threw a ton (only 9 runs) so it's not like SF was off balance. The Packers line did a good job in that game and they still got clowned.

Willis Mcgahee has been said to be practicing again. I am looking forward to them having a one-two punch to run over Ray Lewis' mechanical, rusty arm. Mcgehee was less flashy than Moreno, but he still manages more per drive. Hard to know who will be the broncos top runner.

Isn't eligible to return until the Championship games.

JCizzle

Clearly wearing down eh? :jnc

Hm? I mean, I get the "omg they hold every play" swipe, but beyond that it's something that even Harbaugh identified as the biggest positive about getting the bye. Aldon was getting abused in the running game, whereas he wasn't nearly as bad (to my eye) earlier in the year. He had no motor left.

squicken

Hm? I mean, I get the "omg they hold every play" swipe, but beyond that it's something that even Harbaugh identified as the biggest positive about getting the bye. Aldon was getting abused in the running game, whereas he wasn't nearly as bad (to my eye) earlier in the year. He had no motor left.

he's covering for Aldon. 90% of his sacks are on that stunt. Sorry bro, but he's just not that good w/o Justin

cdyhybrid

Everyone wears down though. I'm not going to say he's trash because he's only in his second year, but he clearly owes a significant portion of his success to this point to Justin.

Lol we got no pressure on Rodgers in week 1. Our D just played tight coverage and there really weren't any errant passes where Rodgers missed a wide open guy.

We need the same type of performance. I don't see us getting a lot of pressure on him

I think we're making too big a deal out of the defensive line play. The 49ers only sacked Rodgers once. He was inaccurate, inconsistent and seemed out of rhythm despite having time to throw. They also threw a ton (only 9 runs) so it's not like SF was off balance. The Packers line did a good job in that game and they still got clowned.

I was referring to both their offense and defense. My biggest memory of the game is their heavy personnel packages and just being much more physical than our D.

Plus as far as defense was concerned a lot of it was their corners being physical with our receivers and noone being able to get open

Striker said:
The 2012 schedule was pretty much a grinder, but that's a BS excuse for the way it ended the way it did.
Considering how we beat up on the Niners and Packers, there's no excuse for how poorly we played against the Falcons, Bengals and Ravens. In all though, that's maybe 5-6 games in a schedule of 16 that tested the Giants. Those were spread out a bit as well. It wasn't nearly what the 2011 schedule was, IMO.

The Saints fielded one of the worst defenses in the league. We should have put more than 52 on them considering the starting position we had all game.:D

Changing gears, tonight is all planned out for me:

iNfB3kZZIpu9g.JPG

eznark

Banned
I was referring to both their offense and defense. My biggest memory of the game is their heavy personnel packages and just being much more physical than our D.

Plus as far as defense was concerned a lot of it was their corners being physical with our receivers and noone being able to get open

Yeah, don't disagree. I was speaking to the people overly concerned with the health of the cheater brothers.

Talon

Might be late but Rob Parker fired over RGIII coments haha
Meh, ESPN was apparently okay with that statement until the public caught on because they replayed the whole segment unaltered on SC and then on the later afternoon broadcast.

Parker is a troll - this is his act and show - but ESPN is even worse for emphasizing the First Take style of bullshittery across the entire network.

Cardinals have their new GM:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

First GM hired---> RT @CardsMarkD: Steve Keim named new @azcardinals GM; will be introduced at 3 PM press conference

Staying with the Cardinals theme, anyone else see the story on Dockett trying to get him some of AJ's GF action?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...nell-dockett-asks-out-aj-mccarrons-girlfriend

Dockett, apparently, tried to contact Webb through the social media site. USA Today published the Tweets, which Dockett now has deleted from his account:

-- @_KatherineWebb aye u going to king of diamonds Monday after game?

-- Aye @_KatherineWebb hit me (XXX) XXX-XXXX when game over, lets go to wing stop then King of diamond,

Moments later Dockett tweeted: "(Expletive) that was suppose to be DM!"

So there he is, giving out his number and trying to coax Webb to a Miami strip club -- then realizing the tweet went out to everyone. We're not sure how often that method of courting usually works, but we don't think Webb abandoned McCarron for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

:jnc moron.

Bowser

Panthers fired RB coach John Settle. Meh, scapegoat:

josephperson
#Panthers RB coach John Settle has been fired. http://t.co/NxKDRbLr

Chud and McD are safe:

josephperson
More changes on Ron Rivera's staff likely. But I've been told both coordinators -- Rob Chudzinski and Sean McDermott -- are safe.

verbum

After his performance last night, I hope The Falcons pick Eddie Lacy in the 3rd round if he is available.
A post from Falcoholic on some other prospects from leonw92:

Cierre Wood, Notre Dame who can be had in 6th-7th-is an excellent receiver and has homerun speed
Jawon Jamison, Rutgers-he’s a Ray Rice clone and is also a great receiver. He’ll be a 3rd or 4th rounder
Zac Stacy, Vandy-a lead back who carried the load for Vandy and is also good receiver. He’ll be a 6th or 7th rounder

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/1/7/3849502/marshawn-lynch-is-pretty-good-and-stuff#comments

Poor Cierre Wood's run average went down by a factor of 10 last night, from around 5 yards to .5 yards.

Bowser

After his performance last night, I hope The Falcons pick Eddie Lacy in the 3rd round if he is available.
A post from Falcoholic on some other prospects from leonw92:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/1/7/3849502/marshawn-lynch-is-pretty-good-and-stuff#comments

Poor Cierre Wood's run average went down by a factor of 10 last night, from around 5 yards to .5 yards.

I'm not certain, but isn't Lacy going back to Bama?

Also:

Jonathan Stewart ‏@Jonathanstewar1
I no longer play for the Panthers got cutt

Someone hacked intown twitter

Hacked into my twitter I did not get cut

:jnc

brentech

WTF, how do I make Madden fun on Defense.
After not really playing for quite some time I finally put it in a few weeks ago. Usually way too easy so in found a slider set that I found challenging and tweaks aspects that were a little too easy/hard. Getting some pretty good games lately.

Madden Slider Football 13

Top Bottom