• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Slo

I'm in a sports clothing store and I get approached by a clerk.

Her: hi can I help you with anything?

Me: naah just looking around.

Her: is there a particular team you're looking for?

Me: my team wouldn't be in here...

Her: maybe it is. What team is it?

Me: cleveland browns...

Her: oh...yeah we definitely don't have them.

I'm looking for something in an orange and brown....are the fall seasonals in yet?

Talon

I think what Atlanta does best on offense (passing game), Seattle can rush the passer and the 2 db's are very good. It's a tough matchup and won't be easy for Atlanta.

Seattle likes to run and Atlanta is not that good in stopping the run.
This is actually a myth. They haven't been a great pass rushing team recently, and they just lost their best pass rusher.

tmdorsey

I think what Atlanta does best on offense (passing game), Seattle can rush the passer and the 2 db's are very good. It's a tough matchup and won't be easy for Atlanta.

Seattle likes to run and Atlanta is not that good in stopping the run.

We played this defense before and those DB's before and done well against them and they are down one of their best pass rushers. Not saying it won't be a tough matchup, but I think terrible is a stretch.

They gave up like 800 yards to sCam. They don't seem to be able to defend the read option.

Cam is a bit bigger and tougher to bring down than Wilson. Also this will be our 3rd game against a team that runs the read option. I faith in the coaching staff and players that lessons were learned.

Predictions:
Green Bay beats SF
Seattle kills Atlanta
thus setting up the rematch no one gives a shit about except cheese eating diabetes-ridden mid-westerners looking for "justice" when all they really want is another piece of cake

Denver beats Baltimore Ray kills 4 afterwards
Pats barely beat Texans
setting up the rematch from last year that no one asked for. And, oh yeah, Captain Handsome vs Melonhead

Mrbob

If Atlanta doesn't win on Sunday, they should forfeit a playoff spot every year while Mike Smith is head coach.

Seattle has to keep on traveling east. First to DC, and now to Atlanta on back to back weeks. This isn't easy to do and keep up your consistency.

Talon

Rodgers is good at taking sacks from em
Green Bay's line is great at not blocking. But seriously:

Seattle's tied for 18th in Sacks with Buffalo. Only 15 sacks in the last 8 games of the season. Also, somehow Arizona managed to only give up one sack against them. Probably too busy turning the ball over.

Why does Chrome randomly suck ass now and then?

tmdorsey

If Atlanta doesn't win on Sunday, they should forfeit a playoff spot every year while Mike Smith is head coach.

Seattle has to keep on traveling east. First to DC, and now to Atlanta on back to back weeks. This isn't easy to do and keep up your consistency.

IMO if we lose it won't be because of Smith. I think he's done everything he can from a coaching perspective to get the team ready to play.

cdyhybrid

I think if we can go up 14 early the Falcons will fold. Fans will start booing them and they'll feel the pressure. Especially if we're able to run the ball and force an early turnover or two.

squicken

I think if we can go up 14 early the Falcons will fold. Fans will start booing them and they'll feel the pressure. Especially if we're able to run the ball and force an early turnover or two.

Yep. Though with SEA playing an early game on the east coast, I'm not sure how quick you guys will come out. But they can't run on your small D, can't stop your good run game, can't use their big WRs vs your big DBs, and their clever coverages are meaningless vs Russell. Sucks for ATL but they just match up poorly

dkeane

Watching Patriots All Access. Getting pumped and drinking whiskey.
This is truly the best weekend of each year. GO PATS!!!

You do that to yourself.
yjLic.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Saw the Hobbit in 48 fps today. Was pretty cool after adjusting to it. Reminded me of watching BBC shows circa the 80s/90s though. 3D was pointless though.

On a football related note, can Demarcus Ware be as effective in the 4-3? I wasn't sure if your edge rushers could easily switch. I know we let Aaron Kampman go because of the switch to 3-4.

Nakazato

Saw the Hobbit in 48 fps today. Was pretty cool after adjusting to it. Reminded me of watching BBC shows circa the 80s/90s though. 3D was pointless though.

On a football related note, can Demarcus Ware be as effective in the 4-3? I wasn't sure if your edge rushers could easily switch. I know we let Aaron Kampman go because of the switch to 3-4.
Shouldnt be an issue for him since rob ryan used multiple fronts

squicken

Was this posted? Know I read it earlier but wasn't sure where. Dom Capers' believe in passer rating differential, which is interesting. Unlike QBR it ignores win probability and clutchiness. But it's also sort of self fulfilling that the higher rated passer will win. Less risky throws, less throws in general

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...rential-most-significant-stat-football/20756/

Huber: How much stock do you put in passer rating?

Capers: A lot. To me, I’ll just say this, and this goes way back. I’ve done it since I took my first head coaching job. A lot of statistics don’t have a lot of influence on whether you win or lose a game. The one that I felt is the most significant is the passer rating differential.

Huber: Thanks, because that’s my story.

Capers: I go back to when the Packers beat us [the Panthers] in the championship game out here [in the 1996 NFC title game]. The final four teams almost every year have the biggest differential. If you look at us over my four years, we’re in the top two or three every year. [Actually, No. 2 in PRD in 2009 and No. 1 in 2010, 2011 and 2012.]

Our first year, our opponent passer rating [what we call Defensive Passer Rating] was three or four. Second year, we were first. Last year, we were ninth. This year, I know we were fourth going into the last game.

So, we’ve finished in the top five three out of the four years and ninth the other year. I think you combine those four years, we’re like third or something. Now, I’ll give you an interesting stat: When we’ve held a quarterback under an 80 passer rating, we’re 40-2.

Huber: You guys are No. 1 in differential this year.

Capers: It’s a common-sense principle. It’s a quarterback-driven league so if you have a quarterback like Aaron and if you have a defense that’s tough on a quarterback, that’s a pretty good combination to have.

Slo

I'm not sure how he'd do. Most 3-4 OLBs are tweeners that would either be an undersized 4-3 DE, or 4-3 OLB that struggles in coverage.

Milchjon

Speaking of bets, there was a rumor that Dutch and bionic had an avatar bet going on about who's team would make it further?

I'm sooo looking forward to that.

Gator took off his Jagatar before the bet was official over. Took it off before the end of the MNF game the week after the Broncos beat the Chargers on MNF.

Maybe in terms of score, but the clock was still running. It's all good though, I forgave you! You're safe, I think.

There was like 3 minutes left.And if I did bad thing Im sure as hell paying for it now.

Call me a homer but I think Atlanta has a chance, and a pretty good one.
When the biggest match-up problem consists of our WRs not being able to absolutely terrorize Seattle's DBs like they do other teams, we still have a ballgame. White and Jones are going to get their yards, they aren't getting shut down for 60 minutes. Gonzales and Rodgers are going to have a huge game with the middle to underneath stuff. I think HD will make some plays as well.

I don't expect a stellar defense performance. Redskins have a kind of similar offense and we did pretty good against them. I think we need over 30 to win. We'll see I guess.

Kiryu

We played this defense before and those DB's before and done well against them and they are down one of their best pass rushers. Not saying it won't be a tough matchup, but I think terrible is a stretch.

Cam is a bit bigger and tougher to bring down than Wilson. Also this will be our 3rd game against a team that runs the read option. I faith in the coaching staff and players that lessons were learned.
oh? In the fact... We could have beat you if our field goal was made. Terrible is not a stretch. Seahawks are different team than last year. Seahawks went from 7-9 changes to 11-5 team even SEA Defense improved and are looking to be very dominating than 49ers this year.

I expect Seahawks to win because if your WR crops are stopped by our Secondary then Season's over for Atlanta Falcons.

tmdorsey

Yep. Though with SEA playing an early game on the east coast, I'm not sure how quick you guys will come out. But they can't run on your small D, can't stop your good run game, can't use their big WRs vs your big DBs, and their clever coverages are meaningless vs Russell. Sucks for ATL but they just match up poorly

I don't see how this is such a given since we saw these same DBs last year. They also haven't went up against a duo like Roddy and Julio yet. The clever coverages will mean something if the gameplan of stopping Lynch (which is probably been the the majority of the focus this week) works.

tmdorsey

oh? In the fact... We could have beat you if our field goal was made. Terrible is not a stretch. Seahawks are different team than last year. Seahawks went from 7-9 changes to 11-5 team even SEA Defense improved and are looking to be very dominating than 49ers this year.

I expect Seahawks to win because if your WR crops are stopped by our Secondary then Season's over for Atlanta Falcons.

Yeah because your team is the only team that has improved from last year.

Top Bottom