• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

MechDX

231250b1.jpg

?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Everything you say is dumb. I am thinking of playing some Civ IV though.

Says the Packers fan.

Civ IV is superior if only Civ V Sid Meir decided to take out religion out of the gameplay, which was stupid. Still haven't played Civ 5: Gods and Kings, which I'll probably pick up sometime this week.

eznark

Banned
Says the Packers fan.

Civ IV is superior if only Civ V Sid Meir decided to take out religion out of the gameplay, which was stupid. Still haven't played Civ 5: Gods and Kings, which I'll probably pick up sometime this week.

I grabbed it during the sale, maybe I will boot it up actually.

boot. lol

brentech

What should I play tonight. I finished up FC3 and now have a billion games staring at me and I can't decide.
Every time I complete a game I get that feeling. So much to still play, largely due to PS+, and I'm almost in shock for a few days before I can move on from what I finished.

I'm actually playing FC2 right now. Was on PS+ a longgggg time ago and just now getting to it. Also gotta finish up Red Dead (played it on 360, but it's enjoyable and I wanted to complete my PS3 version).

brentech

I'll give you my man card when you get a job that pays higher than minimum wage.
Speaking of which, have you got and used that damn wallet yet. I don't remember who actually recommended it to you, but I want a review and to know what the exterior is made of.

eznark

Banned
wow thats ice cold. gg

Like life, I guess. You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it.

Cincinnati%20Kid%20pic2.jpg

Speaking of which, have you got and used that damn wallet yet. I don't remember who actually recommended it to you, but I want a review and to know what the exterior is made of.

No, my folks are coming down this weekend and are supposed to have it with them. We'll see. I had it shipped there but blah blah blah...no idea what's going on with it.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit, The Cincinnati Kid is free with Amazon Prime. Everyone watch it tonight! Best movie ever.

Last I checked it wasn't streaming at all. Guess I will play Civ, perfect movie game.

RBH

The Falcons scored big on local television this season.

The team’s 16 regular-season games posted an average Nielsen rating of 25.2 in the Atlanta TV market, up 13 percent from last season’s 22.4. This season’s rating represents an average audience of about 586,000 homes in metro Atlanta per game, an increase of about 65,000 homes from last season.

Although ratings data is not available all the way back to the team’s first season in 1966, the Falcons believe this season’s TV audiences are the largest in franchise history.

The season’s most watched games were Nov. 4 against the Cowboys (31.1 rating) and Nov. 29 against the Saints (30.7).

Reflecting the strength of the NFL as TV programming, a Falcons game was the highest-rated program — sports or otherwise — in the Atlanta market for 15 of the 16 weeks this season. The exception was the week of the SEC Championship game; Alabama’s victory over Georgia posted a 32.2 rating here.

The reason for the Falcons’ ratings increase seems clear: the team’s 13-3 record. Historically, there is a strong correlation between record and rating with the Falcons. In 2007, when the team went 4-12, its average local TV rating fell precipitously to 13.3.

This season’s ratings increase “mirrors the trend that the team has gone in the right direction for the last five years,” Falcons senior vice president of sales and marketing Jim Smith said.
“We play exciting football, and Atlanta and the state of Georgia loves football. … Winning definitely adds to TV interest.”

How Falcons regular-season games have fared on Atlanta television in recent years (the rating is the percentage of the market’s households with TVs tuned in on average):

Season Record Rating

2012 13-3 25.2

2011 10-6 22.4

2010 13-3 24.2

2009 9-7 20.9

2008 11-5 19.5

2007 4-12 13.3

2006 7-9 20.4

2005 8-8 21.6

2004 11-5 22.2
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/falcons-tv-ratings-rise-record/nTtJD/

If Seattle wins, they better hope San Fran wins as well. Easier to beat a division opponent, little travel, plus the Packers would be highly motivated to get their win back which was taken away earlier in the season.

Seattle would also have to take another long road trip. Don't see them surviving a third.

If Seattle travels to DC, then Atlanta, and then GB while winning all three games that would probably be the most impressive playoff run in years. If not history. Of course it would only be truly impressive if they cap it off with the title. Otherwise it is just an interesting foot note.
So Philly Atlanta Chicago was not impressive?

Miguel

I'll give you my man card when you get a job that pays higher than minimum wage.

wow thats ice cold. gg

Damn, Eznark. That was mean.

Eznark thats mean.

Like life, I guess. You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it.

Cincinnati%20Kid%20pic2.jpg

Eznark crushing down the poors with his wallet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What are you doing with that avatar Mech?

Also Texans got this, Celtics took care of the Rockets. You can't have both!

Schoob is coming for ya Pats secondary.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not worried about the smack talking so this isn't really related to that but I'm curious, do you think the Texans will win this weekend? Are there any Texans fans here who think they will? It'd be cool to see at least one or two with some confidence in the team.

Yes... underdog role suits the team better than going in with everyone thinking you have no chance in hell. Anything can happen in this league.

If the Texans can just find some of their old offense they can win this.

JCizzle

Texans have a chance... not a great one, but a chance. Seattle (1pm EST) and Baltimore (least amount of rest) are the two teams in really rough spots.

If the seats are bad just have a party at your place. Better view of the game.

You can spend the money saved on hookers and blow.

i know its more comfortable but there's nothing like attending a football game.... especially at home. the atmosphere is incredible so i can only imagine how it would be at a championship game

Top Bottom