• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

Arnie Pick the Jets!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnLLtzC8_l4
WN1IF.jpg
cMZtF.jpg
LDFoZ.jpg
LPGT3.gif

mr2xxx

Banned
Pretty much. Some people argue that it's standard practice, but it's still a disaster.

Here's the audio of him talking about it.

It seems to be standard practice though. Everytime you hear about a QB with rib injuries you know that a team will target them. That's just football and the culture of violence it has always had. The whole Saints situation is bigger than them and bounties though, its about what football should be. As fans we love the big hits and players love dishing them out but the NFL has a tough decision to make regarding the players safety and to what extent they should protect them.

Arnie

Holy shit, this redhead.

She sure is filthy.

Ok, fuck this, I'm a fan of the NFL. It seems like she's in the same predicament as I am, she should come round and watch some games. How long is half time? 6 minutes? Good enough.

Arnie said:
Ok, fuck this, I'm a fan of the NFL.
LJ said it best. You'll decide on a team once you start watching football. You'll watch specific players, cheer for them and inevitably find the team you most like (and those you most dislike).

Watch the games, then decide.

Arnie

It's like watching the football version of Karate Kid! The Football Kid... YOU OWE ME ROYALTIES IF YOU MAKE IT, HOLLYWOOD!

Well as a Liverpool fan (soccer) that'll always be Istanbul, Champions League Final 2005. 3 nil down at half time in the final, fans sing our anthem at half time, players and coaching staff hear it in the dressing room, we come out and score 3 goals in 15 minutes. Manage to win the game and the European Cup on a penalty shoot out. As a teenager, I cried.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
As a fellow Football to NFL aficionado I suggest to Arnie the Rams.

Just because you made an awful decision to root for the Brownies, why would you want Arnie to feel that pain? You should be giving and thoughtful. Use your experience to help others. Point Arnie towards the franchise with the most SuperBowl wins, not a team who's only glory was based upon the arm of a washed up stock boy.

Arnie

They look like a really good team, but supporting them would be like selling my soul.

I'd feel like I'd have to apologise to any NFL fan after I tell them my team. Don't want that.

They look like a really good team, but supporting them would be like selling my soul.

I'd feel like I'd have to apologise to any NFL fan after I tell them my team. Don't want that.
Why? Giants fans are good guys and not smarmy cheaters like Patriot fans. We're all regular Joes here! We don't really have band-wagoners like Pats-GAF.

Arnie

Why? Giants fans are good guys and not smarmy cheaters like Patriot fans. We're all regular Joes here! We don't really have band-wagoners like Pats-GAF.

Because I'd be joining the team that won the Superbowl just before I got into the sport. Feels a bit wrong, and as a fan of other sports, it's something I'd look down on slightly. I'm not saying the fans aren't great, or the team, it's just I'd feel a bit bad.

This could all change come the season opener when Manning throws a 50 yard touchdown pass.

Because I'd be joining the team that won the Superbowl just before I got into the sport. Feels a bit wrong, and as a fan of other sports, it's something I'd look down on slightly. I'm not saying the fans aren't great, or the team, it's just I'd feel a bit bad.

This could all change come the season opener when Manning throws a 50 yard touchdown pass.
Well it wouldn't be your fault since you didn't know about it. I'm not saying for you to become a Giants fan, to me it's just hard to be a bandwagoner when you didn't know about the team.

Good luck and I hope to see you in September!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I can't wait to see Peyton back in action*!

*Unless the Broncos open with the Steelers. Then I want that to be a 50 yard taint. And then all of the fans to start chanting for TIMMAH!

Nightz

Join the Chargers bandwagon. We get teased all the time because our QB makes funny faces, our coach can't coach and our GM sucks at drafting. It will be oh so satisfying when we win the Super Bowl this year.
LOL

Plus we have the best looking alternate jerseys in the league.

mr2xxx

Banned
Be a Redskins fan, we guarantee a superbowl in the next 5 years or your money back*.

*No actual guarantee is made. If you decide to opt out before your lifetime commitment is over you will be ridiculed and wrapped in nacho tacos while a starving Freeman is unleashed upon you. May God have mercy on your soul because Josh won't.

Godslay

Banned
I can't wait to see Peyton back in action*!

*Unless the Broncos open with the Steelers. Then I want that to be a 50 yard taint. And then all of the fans to start chanting for TIMMAH!

After what Timmah did to the Steelers in Denver, Manning is certain to throw for at least 400 yards at home.

You should become a Lions fan. We have a young, exciting team
with no running game or defense
. And they haven't won a Super Bowl or even been to one. Hell they lost every game in the season a few years ago.

Join the Chargers bandwagon. We get teased all the time because our QB makes funny faces, our coach can't coach and our GM sucks at drafting. It will be oh so satisfying when we have our yearly second half collapse fueled by our incompetent coach .

Plus we have the best looking alternate jerseys in the league.

Fixed.

Top Bottom