• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

and yet alex posted the best QB rating against your D in the post season AND had a better rating than eli in the game! you didn't win that game because of alex, you won it because of kyle williams and nothing else you dumb BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

Revving up and it's still March. Save some of that, FMT. Or is the tank bottomless?

Lunchbox

Banned
2921056_display_image.jpg

iZWYSsimtE89U.gif

Don't...joke about that, man.

Still hurts.

But Cam will be bringing plenty of
100% legally acquired
Super Bowls to Charlotte.

i remember when the panthers were good

too bad the world doesnt

Goodell met with Saints about bounty system before the playoff game vs. Detroit

“During the process of when this first was raised over two years ago, there were denials,” Goodell said. “They frankly were not forthright in what was happening and that continued, and that continued even through our investigation into the past several weeks. So it’s a serious violation of our policy. It’s something that has zero tolerance in the NFL.”

They knew about this for 2 years and just now did something? I guess I can understand the need for more evidence to have credentials when doling out punishments, but it seems like 2 years is alot of time for players to get over this

Narag

They knew about this for 2 years and just now did something? I guess I can understand the need for more evidence to have credentials when doling out punishments, but it seems like 2 years is alot of time for players to get over this

Florio (lol i know) had an article speculating the NFL purposefully held off on bringing stuff to light to avoid a media debacle over their recent SB win. I don't think he was too far off.

I can only imagine what Goodellfather's planning on doing to the players. I don't think we've seen punishments on the scale (27 players allegedly involved) that we're about to see.

Dee Smith and the NFLPA are probably preparing to raise hell over this.

Or completely lay down

Canuck76

Banned
Letting the saints haters in this thread know i've already purchased my "free payton" shirt and wear that around here proudly.

Saint's Superbowl is going to taste so good this year

Big-E

I thought that the punishments were out of character as that type of reaction is uncharacteristic of Goodell. They had to bring the hammer because of the fact they let it slide earlier. Goodell can go to fucking hell with this horseshit. More evidence that Goodell is a fucking dumbfuck for me to use when people defend him as being great.

I vote Dutch Patriot for mod, Germans love rules!

I would rule with an iron fist, but I will make the people love me. At first I would only mod in this thread, but I will soon expand. I will take over Community first, since that is like an extension of this thread. After that I will reclaim off-topic where our people still live! And after that I will capture Gaming! Along the way I will de-mod all the other mods until I am the only mod left!

One Community! One Forum! One Mod!

Wait, I'm not German!

snesfreak

Banned
I would rule with an iron fist, but I will make the people love me. At first I would only mod in this thread, but I will soon expand. I will take over Community first, since that is like an extension of this thread. After that I will reclaim off-topic where our people still live! And after that I will capture Gaming! Along the way I will de-mod all the other mods until I am the only mod left!

Wait, I'm not German!
:jnc

Milchjon

Wait, I'm not German!

I'm not sure I like where this is going :-(

evilhomer

Not sure if this has been post yet but Marshawn Lynch is going to be a movie star!!!

KING-5 TV in Seattle is reporting that Lynch has signed on to play a role in a movie that also stars Lee Majors, who played Steve Austin on television’s The Six Million Dollar Man in the 70s.

The movie also stars Gary Busey, Margot Kidder (a.k.a. Lois Lane from the original Superman movies) and Edward Furlong of Terminator 2 fame.

With a cast like that it's sure to be a big hit!

Milchjon

So did FMT get banned for what he said to Weli in this thread?

It's the first step of this plan:

Germans and French just don't get along.

I honestly have no clue. Looking at his posts in the last several days, it's only FMT as usual.

Yeah I didnt notice anything in his post history but I am sure that I dont know all the rules. Whatever happened hopefully it wont last long. The place isnt the same without his particular brand of crazy.

Huh? When did he say something to me?

If that's the case I'll email the admins. I don't think he's ever said anything I actually got offended by.

Sorry I was really busy this morning when I read the post in question. I didnt mean to confuse you and Frank. So it was for that post, man things are going to be different in this thread now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You were mistaken for Frankman. How does that make you feel?

That's worse than whatever FMT could say to me. I'm sure Frankman would feel the same way being mistaken for me haha.

Hopefully this doesn't rob us of our post-win FMT rants in the future. Those are as much NFL-GAF as :jnc and the Redskins being offseason champs yet again!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Banter between two people who have been here forever engaging in the exact same banter forever is suddenly being enforced.

Neat.
The gap between what people get banned for here and what people usually get banned for elsewhere in the forum is going to have to narrow a bit. Besides, I know this isn't something people are used to so it's not going to be long at all in this case.

The gap between what people get banned for here and what people usually get banned for elsewhere in the forum is going to have to narrow a bit. Besides, I know this isn't something people are used to so it's not going to be long at all in this case.

Edit: nm I looked at the TOS and I see that personal attack are bad so I assume that was what he did wrong. Thanks for coming in and clearing things up.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ridiculous, just close all the sports threads and stop dancing around things.

I can say from a local standpoint, most fans feel like the Saints were just dumb enough and blatant enough for long enough to be the ones made example of for a frequently acknowledged, league-wide, decades-old problem.

Many here in NO pretty much feel though like the Saints weren't doing bounties past 2010 and want to believe the players who have stated as much. It's seemed obvious to many of us that Williams wasn't acting the same or being treated the same since the SB, and some people speculated that there were issues between him and Payton, with those speculations taking on a new dimension in light of all this business. Bottom line though is that the performance of the defense since 2010 has frequently seemed pretty terrible, and if anyone on defense was getting illegal bonuses for their play last year, then there's more lacking in this team's judgement than just morals.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I can say from a local standpoint, most fans feel like the Saints were just dumb enough and blatant enough for long enough to be the ones made example of for a frequently acknowledged, league-wide, decades-old problem.

it's also been frequently stated that no previous bounty program had ever been done on the level of what the saints did.

eznark

Banned

Many here in NO pretty much feel though like the Saints weren't doing bounties past 2010 and want to believe the players who have stated as much. It's seemed obvious to many of us that Williams wasn't acting the same or being treated the same since the SB, and some people speculated that there were issues between him and Payton, with those speculations taking on a new dimension in light of all this business. Bottom line though is that the performance of the defense since 2010 has frequently seemed pretty terrible, and if anyone on defense was getting illegal bonuses for their play last year, then there's more lacking in this team's judgement than just morals.

I like this post because it basically says that bounties were directly responsible for the Super Bowl victory, and as such the "win" should be negated, asterisked, and relegated to the dustbin of history.

With all due respect, deference and utmost sincerity to you, fine sir, of course.

Top Bottom