• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
Neither of us is long for this forum. It won't be right that I won't be there to celebrate the Steelers winning the Superbowl next season with the rest of you.

I don't think we should see each other anymore, old friend. Our passion burns too hot for this thread, and while we both know how deeply we care for each other, the mods simply cannot handle our white hot hate-love.

bionic77

I don't think we should see each other anymore, old friend. Our passion burns too hot for this thread, and while we both know how deeply we care for each other, the mods simply cannot handle our white hot hate-love.

Fuck that.

If I am going out it won't be like some gaming side bitch. I will go out like I came in, in a blazing troll of glory.

eznark

Banned
Fuck that.

If I am going out it won't be like some gaming side bitch. I will go out like I came in, in a blazing troll of glory.

Well yeah, you have um, uhhhh, capacity for lots of free time since your tastes are not......appropriately tuned to appreciate the greatest of all the sports (god I hope that doesn't count as a personal attack against football) baseball. You sir, are a man of more.......a man of the people with tastes that accompany your station in the gutter...fuck, sorry....your station as a hard working blue collar American.

bionic77

Well yeah, you have um, uhhhh, capacity for lots of free time since your tastes are not......appropriately tuned to appreciate the greatest of all the sports (god I hope that doesn't count as a personal attack against football) baseball. You sir, are a man of more.......a man of the people with tastes that accompany your station in the gutter...fuck, sorry....your station as a hard working blue collar American.

Don't fight it.

Give in to your hatred. Give in to the sports side...

Also the only sport that is dumber and more boring than baseball is NASCAR.

Apparently this is our last stint and the sports boards (except baseball because everyone there is super nice) are dying. If FMT is being banned for simple banter between a person he has interacted with on this board for a very long time, then we are all fucked (can I say that?). By the time the regular season starts and real trash talking begins, here will be no one left

Fox318

Apparently this is our last stint and the sports boards (except baseball because everyone there is super nice) are dying. If FMT is being banned for simple banter between a person he has interacted with on this board for a very long time, then we are all fucked (can I say that?). By the tie the regular season starts and real trash talking begins, here will be no one left
It must be done. We need more bandwidth for dog pissing on steak threads.

Narag

Apparently this is our last stint and the sports boards (except baseball because everyone there is super nice) are dying. If FMT is being banned for simple banter between a person he has interacted with on this board for a very long time, then we are all fucked (can I say that?). By the tie the regular season starts and real trash talking begins, here will be no one left

Alligatorjandro will and he'll tell our sordid tale to future generations.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Read his tag dummy. He likes fat guys and board games. Baseball is pretty much the combination of the two!

how long has that been there? Never put it together anyway. John Kruk has still been able to maintain his playing weight to this day, gotta respect that somewhat.

I like this post because it basically says that bounties were directly responsible for the Super Bowl victory, and as such the "win" should be negated, asterisked, and relegated to the dustbin of history.

With all due respect, deference and utmost sincerity to you, fine sir, of course.

Well, if you think that's what I said, fair enough. My point was that no one here thinks the defense played very well for the last 2 years, and there's been a sense that the problem has been an uncomfortableness with or from Williams. That's not to say the bounties directly made the defense more successful, but that maybe Williams had been getting a lot of heat from inside the organization over the bounties and it turned out he was too shit a coach to figure out how else to motivate players.

No one here is wearing Aints bags over our heads, but it's not because we've traded it for sticking our heads in the sand. It's undeniable that the defense played harder in '09, there was a bounty program in '09, and that year we made the SB. Correlation doesn't equal causality though, but it's not worth the effort to pretend it's not convenient dry tinder.

Slo

Stop being drama queens. Don't be so damned frontal with the insults and you won't get banned. For fucks sake just use a little indirection and subtlety and you'll be fine. Chances are most Packer fans won't even know they're being insulted.

Bengals close to a deal with Terrance Newman...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/bengals-working-toward-deal-with-terence-newman/

“We would love to still add Terence to our football team,” Lewis said, via Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “As he said his best years of his career was when he was playing for Mike Zimmer. So he is excited about that opportunity too. Hopefully we will get something concluded here fairly quickly.”
Good luck with that, Marv.

OK, time to throw out all my Freeman jokes.

And all my Katrina jokes.

And all my FMT scat jokes.

And all my City of Detroit/City of Cleveland jokes.

And all my Sconi jokes.

And...yep, I'm out.

epicgarbageshot1.gif

But, really Slo's right. It's not that bad. Just don't lose your mind and you'll be fine. Yes I realized that rhymes.

Stop being drama queens. Don't be so damned frontal with the insults and you won't get banned. For fucks sake just use a little indirection and subtlety and you'll be fine. Chances are most Packer fans won't even know they're being insulted.

I want to see the mods response to bionic's next Patriot hate rant. If we get banned for insulting general fan bases for their stereotypes then NFL Gaf is as good as dead

eznark

Banned
If the ban was only for that mild (for FMT anyway) comment? Those rants are done.

Wellington would have been perma'd after the Packers - Giants playoff game.

It's not that it's difficult to follow, slo. It's that it makes this place significantly less entertaining. I'm not here because I find any of you particular intelligent, you're just easy punching bags for my wit and hate. If I have to treat you all as equals...I simply couldn't stoop so low.

Hunter S.

What sort of weirdness had the the sports threads moved here? I swear if you cannot hang with the big boys do not come in the thread.

On another note, I already miss Tim after finally watching his Press conference with the Jets. Without Tim the Jets were snoozeville with him they are exciting.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, these types of bans are happening all over right now. They're really serious about the insular thing, after all.

Weird.

Fox318

Are you like a wizard who can look into the future ?!

I liked Fox, yes he was a Jets fan, but if even Tebow can forgive them so can we.

We're friendly people now, we like each other and won't call each other 'Dick' or 'Asshole' or 'Stupid Jets fans' or 'Tammy' or 'Cheaters'.

Yup. Although sometimes in jest we call each other Dolphins fans when we are mad at each other.

Smokey

i love you guys

you all are so great, nice, and caring! guess this is how we'll have to talk in a SPORTS thread where, since the dawn of time, trash talking another person/team is accepted.

everywhere except GAF of course. that's ok guess i could always read another insightful thread on here such as "a dog pissed on my steak".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ProFootballTalk
Kevin Smith returns to the Lions on a one-year deal, per league source.

Whoo! I hope he sells his soul to the devil so he can actually stay on the field.

Top Bottom