• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Don't misunderstand me. I'm only interested in toning down direct person to person allcaps flaming. Trying to be gentlemanly about a subject that ultimately boils down to "my team rox, ur team sux" would be retarded.

eznark

Banned
the OT is now designated space for movie/tv PR. I can't believe people need or want a thread about the titanic rerelease.

This makes sense. The viral's felt the stickies were negatively affecting the impact and value of their official threads.

At least I can now see the logic and motivation behind the decision.

cashman said:
I take this banning as good news. Now nobody can shit on Romo when I blindly defend him next year!
romodown-600x337.jpg

bionic77

how long has that been there? Never put it together anyway. John Kruk has still been able to maintain his playing weight to this day, gotta respect that somewhat.

I think he has had it for a few months. I really don't see a lot of difference between some fat guys playing Risk and a baseball game (personally I prefer Risk, both watching and playing).

And ez I am sure you can think of some of us as your equals. There must be SOME posters here who are white.

Slo

Don't misunderstand me. I'm only interested in toning down direct person to person allcaps flaming. Trying to be gentlemanly about a subject that ultimately boils down to "my team rox, ur team sux" would be retarded.

See! This is how it's done, people. Leave your readers with a vague sense of shame and inferiority, but don't attack them directly!

Well done, Hito.

Hitokage said:
Don't misunderstand me. I'm only interested in toning down direct person to person allcaps flaming.
An understandable goal but I think context needs to taken into account. I'm sure you would agree, no? The FMT banning is a great example. He's a long time poster in the thread and what you might perceive as antagonistic or direct person to person flaming is seen by those of us who post here often as a joke/posting style he's well known for. No malice is intended in his commentary nor is he looking to directly insult Frankman (well, at least not in a totally hateful way!). It's part of the "flavor" that makes up this thread and why many of us enjoy participating.

More directly, the banter that you may perceive as "insults" are generally the type of insults two good friends would lob at each other in jest. Unless it involve Eagles fans of course. Those people are scum.

Slo said:
Leave your readers with a vague sense of shame and inferiority, but don't attack them directly!
Direct assault is a favorable tactic is all! It's easier to not be subtle!

I never thought I'd sell out and agree with a mod, but I agree. I ain't no snitch, but there are a few posters in a few other threads that need to be taught a lesson in civility. I think unnecessary rudeness should be banned. FMT was just kidding around, though. These other guys? I'm not so sure.

exarkun

LOL

I hope you can see this FMT, niners suck and Alex has tiny hands. AND the defense was dumbed down for him. Because he is dumb.

Giants are losing players like they used to beat them in the back. I guess a big pay-day is a big pay-day but Coughlin is the best coach out there to play for (inside sources).

DMczaf

An understandable goal but I think context needs to taken into account. I'm sure you would agree, no? The FMT banning is a great example. He's a long time poster in the thread and what you might perceive as antagonistic or direct person to person flaming is seen by those of us who post here often as a joke/posting style he's well known for. No malice is intended in his commentary nor is he looking to directly insult Frankman (well, at least not in a totally hateful way!). It's part of the "flavor" that makes up this thread and why many of us enjoy participating.

More directly, the banter that you may perceive as "insults" are generally the type of insults two good friends would lob at each other in jest. Unless it involve Eagles fans of course. Those people are scum.

Agreed, this is a pretty weak ban and feels more like FMT is being used as an example. FMT insults are more like friendly greetings, "Hey Johnny, you old so and so!". Taking away his colorful language is just killing this thread even more.

JABEE

Is there anyone in here who is just happy to see everyone who plays the game have a good time? It doesn't matter who wins. We can all be friends under the NFL shield. All are welcome. This is football after all. A sport known for fans devoid of any kind of emotion. I love you all very much.

eznark

Banned
Is there anyone in here who is just happy to see everyone who plays the game have a good time? It doesn't matter who wins. We can all be friends under the NFL shield. All are welcome. This is football after all. A sport known for fans devoid of any kind of emotion. I love you all very much.

welcome to obamaville

No, fuck that shit.

Fuck the Falcons, fuck the Saints, fuck the Jolly Rogers. In that order.

JABEE said:
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Fox318

X0nEk.gif

kMpmG.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel it's safer now to talk about my Browns without having to worry about being slandered by you rapscallions.

I feel it's safer now to talk about my Browns without having to worry about being slandered by you rapscallions.

You know what? I have sooo inspired the next time I see squeelers fan I am going to hug him.....then sucker punch him in the esophagus :)

Mccoy era confired by shurmur today...i am willing to trade my season tickets for a sack of tater tots right now.

bionic77

Since we are trying to avoid becoming more insular shouldn't we try to avoid jokes about rape, cheating and fat people? Because isn't that what constitutes 80% of our members, either in what they are or what they are interested in?

cashman

Banned
Since we are trying to avoid becoming more insular shouldn't we try to avoid jokes about rape, cheating and fat people? Because isn't that what constitutes 80% of our members, either in what they are or what they are interested in?

Sorry we're not letting Big Ben off the hook.

eznark

Banned

Less poop talk, more piss on steak talk.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's pretty hard to avoid rape when a starting quarterback is a known rapist.

But but but that is the foundation upon which the nfl is built sir.

Top Bottom